Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Sky sports reporting that we'll see no more arrivals before the deadline. Slightly disappointing given the opportunity to strengthen the squad on the back of Champions League qualification.

If that's the case, then there's no excuse to not give some of the younger guys more minutes. 

I think we've been unlucky with a few injuries, and I'd have liked to have seen a RW come in, but I think we've done ok business. 

22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What’s the news with Souttar ? Still family related ?

I’d be very surprised if GVB thinks Kamara is surplus to requirements with Sands now his 1st choice centre back and Jack very injury prone.

Kamara won't be going anywhere. Will be go with what we have now. Perhaps Kelly will leave that's about it.

Souttar is injured of course 😂

14 hours ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

If that's the case, then there's no excuse to not give some of the younger guys more minutes. 

I think we've been unlucky with a few injuries, and I'd have liked to have seen a RW come in, but I think we've done ok business. 

Yeah, business hasn’t been bad per se, I just maybe expected another in the door after CL qualification.

Although, this is likely our reality of being self sustaining moving forward. Decisions will be made we don’t necessarily like but will be for the benefit of the bank balance.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yeah, business hasn’t been bad per se, I just maybe expected another in the door after CL qualification.

Although, this is likely our reality of being self sustaining moving forward. Decisions will be made we don’t necessarily like but will be for the benefit of the bank balance.

We also get to say that "*player* is like a new signing" when they come back from injury, and who doesn't love kidding themselves on with that one?

Edited by KnightswoodVanBear

6 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Guess we will find out today if the Lawrence rumours are true then. If he's injured then Arfield is the obvious replacement. He's started the season well.

Lawrence has been one of the players ive been most impressed with so far.  It'll be a big loss if he's out.

9 hours ago, AJF said:

So no further signings have nothing to do with FFP compliance?

Can I suggest a protracted public squabble which results in them being expunged from the league, only to be controversially allowed back into the lower echelons of the league by skipping the queue?  I realise there’s no recent  case study for the treatment of clubs who essentially fold after cooking the books, but I think it might just work.