Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Persistent reports of young Lewis signing for us.  I'd not mind except he''s become a brain-dead thug and would need a decent effort to turn him back into a footballer..

List of Rangers Fergusons in order of ability:

Ian
Barry
Derek
Duncan**
Alex
Iain
Eric*

I wonder where Lewis would fit in.

*thanks @Grangemouth Bairn

**thanks @Grangemouth Bairn

Or @grangemouth Bear.  Amirite?

Edited by The_Kincardine

Aberdeen would probably want around £4 or 5m for him which I doubt that we could manage.  These rumours have came from a dodgy source on twitter so I would file it under unlikely. 

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Persistent reports of young Lewis signing for us.  I'd not mind except he''s become a brain-dead thug and would need a decent effort to turn him back into a footballer..

Ian
Barry
Derek
Alex
Iain

What about Eric ?

4 minutes ago, Casisdead said:

I would really like us to sign him.

Undoubtedly he'd improve playing with better players and in a more comfortable environment.

If he does come to Ibrox and if we can remind him that his role is to kick a ball rather than a player then I'd be delighted.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

^^^GB furiously googling 'fergusons who played for Rangers".  You love to see it!

No mate, he played for Gairdoch and I played for ICI in what was at the time the Stirlingshire Juvenile League, albeit he was slightly older than me. I always thought I was better than him tbh, right time, right place etc etc.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

No mate, he played for Gairdoch and I played for ICI in what was at the time the Stirlingshire Juvenile League, albeit he was slightly older than me. I always thought I was better than him tbh, right time, right place etc etc.

It was a mild tease, buddy.

15 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Duncan Ferguson also played in that league 😉

I missed that.  I now have the problem of where to put him based on His Ibrox career...which was pretty shite.

Edited by The_Kincardine

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'd not mind except he''s become a brain-dead thug and would need a decent effort to turn him back into a footballer..

None of us liked him going to Seville but this is over the top. 

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

I do not claim to be clever, but I can still recognise stupidity.

You, sir, are stupid.

Sheer bloody genius, your cleverness is only matched by your modesty. 

22 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Ian
Barry
Derek
Duncan**
Alex
Iain
Eric*

*thanks @Grangemouth Bairn

**thanks @Grangemouth Bairn

Or @grangemouth Bear.  Amirite?

Lewis Ferguson was fouled 31 times more than the second most fouled player in the Premiership last season.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

There's yer Aribo signed for Southampton.

The report I read says it’s only £6m up front ? Is that correct ? For a player who’s 25, has European experience, is a regular international, counts as a homegrown player and is also a cracking player that’s not a lot of money.

Who’s responsible for letting his contract run down ?

10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The report I read says it’s only £6m up front ? Is that correct ? For a player who’s 25, has European experience, is a regular international, counts as a homegrown player and is also a cracking player that’s not a lot of money.

You do realise that contractual matters, money brought in, profit/loss etc are absolutely nothing to do with the football club. That sort of thing only impacts the completely unconnected holding company.

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

This is a daft argument these days. Even your Juventus/Bayern/Barca clubs can't prevent players running their deals down, so I don't see why you'd expect Rangers to be able too.