Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Also following on from the Henrik post . It was me and @Jinky67 who dabbled in some good old fashioned petty personal  squabbling afterwards . And it was nothing to do with wether or not Gio and Henrik should be friends . It was along the lines of me accusing him of taking me too seriously and then Nottingham Forests achievement compared to Celtic .

At no point did anyone say that players from both sides should not be pals 

Edited by Forever_blueco

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.  I keep forgetting that posters such as Henpecked Henry, Daft Wee Average Drew, Magee, et al The Heroes of Lisbon is a history lesson.

I saw them in the flesh.

And Rangers 1972 ECWC team. Although I don't think they were appreciated as much.

And the Dons ECWC & Super Cup winning sides, on one of my sporadic visits.

6 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Some good points.

The same sort of bigots that hate their own teams legends because of honours recieved from the state that can't separate things in the real world. 

Yes, I did see the Celtic poster admitting he hated McStay, McNeill and McGrain because they were awarded MBE’s. Hating 3 of the greatest and most dignified people to represent your club for that reason is actually sick. People with that mentality have no place in football.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

These guys have been friends since they worked together nearly 30 years ago. They’ve both won titles in 4 countries, have over 100 caps and have 2nd and 3rd placed finishes in the World Cup.

Yet the bigots can’t accept they are mates and that Henrik would wish his close friend best wishes for an upcoming cup final. They had the audacity to spent part of their careers on the opposite side of the ‘Glasgow divide’ - how dare they.

I’ve said before but how people can take their children to watch these teams is wild. People even bring their children from outside Glasgow to watch them. No wonder sectarian is so prevalent in our society.

Your views on people taking their kids is 100% correct. I couldn’t take my daughter every week into that culture and feel I was doing the right thing. No doubt the ones with the blinkers on will disagree but it’s disgusting to think people are allowing their kids to be brought up thinking that singing songs about killing people of a different religion is acceptable.

1 hour ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

The exact same posters coming in every 3 or 4 pages to say 

"Jesus christ this thread, what are you guys like"

Isn't exactly patter or good points well made, it's more like some weird attempt to be involved yet claim superiority. 

Mate have you seen the nick of the Falkirk thread or AFC Chat? Trust me, there’s no superiority to be had

24 minutes ago, G51 said:

Mate have you seen the nick of the Falkirk thread or AFC Chat? Trust me, there’s no superiority to be had

It’s a football forum and all that has been debated mostly on here in recent few days is the usual “your deed” “naw were no” merry go round , some debate about each clubs European history and achievement and the usual personal back and forth between a few posters .

The usual summer debate and disagreements to pass the days away until the new season approaches.  

as political as it got was mentioning the tories on Celtic’s board . There has literally been no chat regarding sectarianism or religion  until this morning and none of it came from a Rangers or Celtic fan 😂

Edited by Forever_blueco

15 hours ago, G51 said:

I mean, signing a lot of players from Japan isn't a clever way to do business lol, unless Celtic are content with domestic success and have no ambition to make a mark in Europe.

Postecoglou's Japanese signings are good players for SPFL level, but they have a limited ceiling. That's one of two reasons (the other being Postecoglou's tactical inflexibility) why Celtic will continue to be flat-track bullies while he is manager - they'll beat SPFL teams more regularly than Rangers, which is why they'll (rightly) remain favourites for the title. But they'll get embarrassed at European level because they simply can't match the physical power of teams at that level, and Postecoglou doesn't seem to have any inclination (or perhaps, any ability) to coach a defensive structure.

But maybe Celtic fans are happy with that trade-off? I dunno. 

There was no “unless” caveat when you made the Japanese players comment back in January though. You were solely talking about the league.

This forum was a better place when you and @The_Kincardine weren’t posting.

You are a pair of absolute bangers. 

1 hour ago, Henrik's tongue said:

There was no “unless” caveat when you made the Japanese players comment back in January though. You were solely talking about the league.

You are a pair of absolute bangers. 

this is cancel culture 

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

What a silly henpecked bhoy you are.  I joined years before you.

You’re also years older than me and yet you post like a prepubescent girl. 

Stinky67, Wee Daft Drew, Henpecked Henry, Gammonballs.

You’re in your 60s. Fucking grow up.

On 11/06/2022 at 13:31, Henrik's tongue said:

23 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

What a silly henpecked bhoy you are.  I joined years before you.

At least he didn't say the forum was a better place when everyone thought you were dead.