Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

19 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

By the time Aberdeen ever actually get round to winning it again it will probably feel like the first time 

suppose this photo will have to make do for you lot just now 

79505B8B-745C-4896-80D3-742583B9B3B8.jpeg

As others have said, that’s a great advert for Aberdeen’s Youth Academy.

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

As others have said, that’s a great advert for Aberdeen’s Youth Academy.

Yeah I will give you that 

Wright started off well last season for us when he made appearances but kind of went into his shell a bit mid season when the league form was slumping this season. 

I remember one game we were struggling at Ibrox not long after Celtic beat us 3-0  he was on the receiving end of the the moans and groans coming from the stand as the game was getting a bit tense and more dropped points in the title race was becoming a reality . He was just having one of those nights where any run or pass was just not coming off and think it got to him for the remainder of that game and for a while afterwards.

Will give him his due he has finished the season strongly and definitely a player there 

Edited by Forever_blueco

39 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Yeah I will give you that 

Wright started off well last season for us when he made appearances but kind of went into his shell a bit mid season when the league form was slumping this season. 

I remember one game we were struggling at Ibrox not long after Celtic beat us 3-0  he was on the receiving end of the the moans and groans coming from the stand as the game was getting a bit tense and more dropped points in the title race was becoming a reality . He was just having one of those nights where any run or pass was just not coming off and think it got to him for the remainder of that game and for a while afterwards.

Will give him his due he has finished the season strongly and definitely a player there 

I watched the Europa League Final and Wright has a fantastic turn and pass in the first 5/10 minutes. After that he was totally anonymous.

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Which players do folk think it wouldn't be a disaster to lose in the transfer window, and who is a "must keep, ffs!"? 

Out of the players most likely to leave due to contract situations (Morelos, Kent and Aribo) it goes a bit like this in terms of the priority of who must be kept:

1 - Kent

2 - Morelos

3 - Aribo

In fact I'd be actively looking to sell Aribo. If any of them don't re-sign then they must be sold anyway. We can't let another Goldson situation happen imo.

I think we need to be trying to tie Bassey down on a new contract as a matter of urgency. I think he has 2 years left currently. 

Tav, Morelos and him are probably the 3 I'd say would be "must keeps".  There are a few others like Kent that I wouldnt want to see leave, but I think could bring in good money. 

It's going to be interesting to see who Gio wants to keep and who he wants to bring in.

The run to the EL final will undoubtedly have put some of them in the shop window. 

In my humble opinion:

Bassey is off back to the EPL. He has been utterly outstanding at the sharp end of competition. Will be our biggest loss but we can’t argue with the money that we’ll get. I’ll still be sad to see him go though. (As will Mrs a-p😉)  

Kent, I think, will attract German attention. They’ve fawned all over him through the Europa League. 

Goldson will go to a Newcastle or similar that will give him a 3 year deal on wages we can never match. 

Aribo, I’m in with @8MileBU on this,  I don’t see it. If someone wants to give us money for him I’d bite their hand off. 

Morelos and Hagi have suddenly become injury prone; they’ll be with us another year or so.

Id love to see Shagger stay another year and take a step back to a no.2 goalie/coach role. He’s the natural successor to fill the Jimmy Bell ‘Mr Rangers’ void. 

I’d offer Balogun a new deal (if not he’s away on a free ffs) and Jack and Wright improved terms.

Otherwise we actually need to free up some space to let the Academy boys in.  

You’d think they’d let the fact their fans drank out of toilet pans die down a bit,, but no, statement time 

Rangers are immensely proud of our supporters for the spirit and character they have shown, following our club in record numbers.
"Our fans went to Seville and wowed locals with colour, noise and positivity and showed the true character of Rangers. Although the result did not go our way, we will remember the build up to the match with great fondness. 
"However, we have major concerns around the treatment of our supporters at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium, including the confiscation of previously approved and agreed items that were confiscated by the police and a lack of appropriate facilities within the stadium including the lack of bottled water or indeed water in the toilets which understandably caused severe distress to many supporters in the stadium.
"Rangers FC are in dialogue with both UEFA and Football Supporters Europe (FSE) regarding the issues encountered by our supporters. 
"Supporters wishing to make a complaint to UEFA should be aware that UEFA has no direct grievance procedures for supporters. We would recommend that supporters contact FSE via their away supporter’s survey which can be accessed HERE.
"FSE are an independent, non-profit association of fans recognised as a representative body on fan issues by UEFA and are submitting a full report on the experiences of supporters in Seville.
"Additionally, any supporters who have not yet shared their experience with the club and wish to do so, please email slo@rangers.co.uk by Thursday 26th May, of which a summary will be shared with UEFA."

54 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

You’d think they’d let the fact their fans drank out of toilet pans die down a bit,, but no, statement time 

Completely avoidable situation, poor police response*, and poor stadium maintenance leads to both sets of fans being endangered; both clubs complain?

https://www.kicker.de/die-wassersituation-war-unter-aller-sau-902813/artikel

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

You do know the Germans aren’t happy about the situation down there end aswell ?

regardless of who you support the set up in that stadium was a shambles 

2 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

You do know the Germans aren’t happy about the situation down there end aswell ?

regardless of who you support the set up in that stadium was a shambles 

Couldn’t care less, If you cant hydrate properly for going to a football stadium at 9pm for a couple of hours then there’s no hope for some people. 

Edited by Drew Brees

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

Couldn’t care less, If you can hydrate properly for going to a football stadium at 9pm for a couple of hours then there’s no hope for some people. 

Quoted before the delete.

7 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

How many games in 30 degrees heat have you been to ? 

One, in the same city at the same time of year, at the same time of night, got through it without water and drinking from toilet bowls. Not sure how many Celtic, or Porto, fans brought water in with them but didn’t see any slurping piss water. 

5 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Couldn’t care less, If you can hydrate properly for going to a football stadium at 9pm for a couple of hours then there’s no hope for some people. 

I think you underestimate some of the issues. When we arrived in Seville the roadside thermometer thingy read 36 degrees.

Fans spent the entire day in outdoor pub areas and fan zones. Many were hydrating, but obviously alcohol was the main beverage of choice.

We were then encouraged to get to the stadium as early as possible, with the doors opening at 6. We queued outside to get through the various checkpoints for a lengthy spell where bottles of water or juice were confiscated at the first of three checkpoints.

By the time I got into the stadium our kiosk had sold out of water already and we were left to fend for ourselves. I didn’t even see anyone handing out cups advising to drink from the toilet taps as some have reported. The water was then shut off.

The match then played out for the best part of 2 and half hours if you take into account half time, extra time and penalties all in searing heat.

Now we find that Frankfurt fans are looking at taking legal action as they suffered the same issues.

You’re an absolute moron if you think this is just a case of fans not looking after themselves.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think you underestimate some of the issues. When we arrived in Seville the roadside thermometer thingy read 36 degrees.

Fans spent the entire day in outdoor pub areas and fan zones. Many were hydrating, but obviously alcohol was the main beverage of choice.

We were then encouraged to get to the stadium as early as possible, with the doors opening at 6. We queued outside to get through the various checkpoints for a lengthy spell where bottles of water or juice were confiscated at the first of three checkpoints.

By the time I got into the stadium our kiosk had sold out of water already and we were left to fend for ourselves. I didn’t even see anyone handing out cups advising to drink from the toilet taps as some have reported. The water was then shut off.

The match then played out for the best part of 2 and half hours if you take into account half time, extra time and penalties all in searing heat.

Now we find that Frankfurt fans are looking at taking legal action as they suffered the same issues.

You’re an absolute moron if you think this is just a case of fans not looking after themselves.

The fact these daft nuggets just swalleyed all day in 30 degree heat and rocked up dry as f**k is their own fault. Nobody else’s. 

20 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

One, in the same city at the same time of year, at the same time of night, got through it without water and drinking from toilet bowls. Not sure how many Celtic, or Porto, fans brought water in with them but didn’t see any slurping piss water. 

You do realise that they had very little kiosks open , ran out of water before the game even started and then turned off the water supply meaning the sinks weren’t even an option 

it’s an event and not just any bog standard event. It was a European final organise by UEFA and their endless riches   . It’s a basic requirement that they are set up to meet demand and provide food drinks etc .

If you paid for a gig at the hydro or a cinema ticket and turned up to find half the kiosks shut and were told sorry we are out of everything before the gig , show or movie had even begun but told not our problem you should have made sure you had plenty to eat and drink throughout the day would you just accept those terms and conditions and be on your merry way  

Edited by Forever_blueco

4 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

You do realise that they had very little kiosks open , ran out of water before the game even started and then turned off the water supply meaning the sinks weren’t even an option 

it’s an event and not just any bog standard event. It was a European final organise by UEFA and their endless riches   . It’s a basic requirement that they are set up to meet demand and provide food drinks etc .

If you paid for a gig at the hydro or a cinema ticket and were told sorry we are out of everything before the gig , show or movie had even begun but told not our problem you should have made sure you had plenty to eat and drink throughout the day would you just accept those terms and conditions and be on your merry way  

Sure I could manage for 2/3 hrs without it, wouldn’t resort to drinking from a toilet pan.