Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

16 minutes ago, bennett said:

You obviously meant to reply to Jinky with that.

Apology accepted. 

You could just try posting stuff that’s actually factual? 

May save you looking like less of a tool? 

Interesting snippet from Robertson today where he mentioned that our run in the Europa League has now probably earned us more income than we would’ve got had we qualified for the Champions League and went out at the group stage.

It’s crazy that you need to go all the way to the final to be able to say that 😂

36 minutes ago, AJF said:

Interesting snippet from Robertson today where he mentioned that our run in the Europa League has now probably earned us more income than we would’ve got had we qualified for the Champions League and went out at the group stage.

It’s crazy that you need to go all the way to the final to be able to say that 😂

Was he the same guy who asked the fans not to wreck Seville? 

41 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think it's probably a wash. Only €1.4m more in prize money from the final run but the TV money is far more in the CL. He's probably right with the 5 extra home game receipts money added in but it's certainly close.

19 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Was he the same guy who asked the fans not to wreck Seville? 

Yeah found that comment far more interesting as well.

The fact you have to ask grown adults to respect the locals and the city 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Yeah found that comment far more interesting as well.

The fact you have to ask grown adults to respect the locals and the city 🤦‍♂️

Did you really find it more interesting? Did you really?

The Telegraph reporting that Gerrard is looking at bringing Bassey to Villa (also considering Hickey). Would hate to lose him after such a strong season, but it does seem like he has potential that will outgrow Rangers.

On 12/05/2022 at 12:05, AJF said:

Wouldn't it make a difference whether you win or lose the final?

What's the guess on how much money this has made?

56 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Wouldn't it make a difference whether you win or lose the final?

What's the guess on how much money this has made?

Yeah, so we are guaranteed at least €16,760,000 in prize money alone. That would rise to €25,360,000 if we are lucky enough to win the competition. I'd estimate you would add on another 10 million or so for our ticket sales, advertising etc.

Then if you factor in that winning the competition grants automatic entry into the Champions League group stages and the Super Cup match, I'm not sure exactly how much that is worth but some of the papers have estimated around £40m.

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yeah, so we are guaranteed at least €16,760,000 in prize money alone. That would rise to €25,360,000 if we are lucky enough to win the competition. I'd estimate you would add on another 10 million or so for our ticket sales, advertising etc.

Then if you factor in that winning the competition grants automatic entry into the Champions League group stages and the Super Cup match, I'm not sure exactly how much that is worth but some of the papers have estimated around £40m.

Wow. So the final alone is basically worth £50 million.

I'm only slightly surprised to find no reference on this forum to Alastair Johnston's recent bout of verbal diarrhoea.

Presumably, you bears found his cringe-worthy insistence that Rangers* should have input into any future restructuring of European football as preposterous as I do, bearing in mind that Johnston, along with Dave King and arch-villain David Murray, were instrumental in the death of the previous club to play out of Ibrox.

His selective amnesia about the part he played in Rangers' demise ties in seamlessly with the mass rewriting of history of that time.

Perhaps Johnston's delusions of grandeur stem from the current club's founding father Charles Green's slightly overestimated claim of 500m worldwide adherents (approximately every fifteenth human on the planet, including many sub-humans!). Regardless, the man is full of his own and his club's unjustified arrogance and self-importance and he clearly doesn't do self-awareness.

11 hours ago, AJF said:

I think you’d get around £4m simply by playing in the Super Cup match.