Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

13 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Sad news.

Immediately identifiable as being part of the club. I don’t follow other teams but I’m not sure if anyone else has/had a staffer with such a long and prominent association. 

Another world record to replace the"World's most successful club"they lost to their Blues Brothers.

53 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Bit off topic but it bugs me when someone connected with a club dies, rival club or fan tweets rip, condolences etc.  Then the typical response, respect, touch of class, more important than football etc.  

The Celtic fan who turned up at the Ibrox memorial this morning in his Celtic top a prime example of the attention seeking w****r deaths bring out.

25 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Sad news.

Immediately identifiable as being part of the club. I don’t follow other teams but I’m not sure if anyone else has/had a staffer with such a long and prominent association. 

Teddy Scott

1 hour ago, buddie06smfc said:

Why else would Rangers fans eulogise him? Obviously the players he has worked with hold him in high regard, likewise with kitmen at many other clubs. In the main I don’t think fans could give 2 hoots about kitmen because from the outside it has absolutely no bearing on what you are paying to see. Celtic aside given their kitman’s achievements, if he is still there. Jimmy Bell was lauded for being one thing only - stuck in the dark ages. 

Teddy scott is an absolute legend at pittodrie. Alex Ferguson loved him. 

Jimmy Bell may have not been a nice guy but I doubt anyone here knew him well enough to come on here and start throwing mud the day his death has been announced. 

No one is asking you to pay huge respects, just keep it to yourself. 

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The Celtic fan who turned up at the Ibrox memorial this morning in his Celtic top a prime example of the attention seeking w****r deaths bring out.

Did you expect him to turn up bare chested?

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Jimmy Bell may have not been a nice guy but I doubt anyone here knew him well enough to come on here and start throwing mud the day his death has been announced. 

No one is asking you to pay huge respects, just keep it to yourself. 

Given the variety of evidence from over the decades showing him to be a bigoted c**t, I don't see the issue with it being brought up today. 

It's sad for his family although given what has been posted above, they're probably cut from the same cloth. 

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Sad news.

John Clark springs to mind. 

4 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Given the variety of evidence from over the decades showing him to be a bigoted c**t, I don't see the issue with it being brought up today. 

It's sad for his family although given what has been posted above, they're probably cut from the same cloth. 

I really don’t get that. 

It doesn’t really bother me that he’s dead and he may well have been a bigot but what is this need to come on and say how much you think he’s a c**t?

Maybe this is me being a da but it’s really beyond me. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I really don’t get that. 

It doesn’t really bother me that he’s dead and he may well have been a bigot but what is this need to come on and say how much you think he’s a c**t?

Maybe this is me being a da but it’s really beyond me. 

Because post after post about how much of a tragic loss it is wouldn't be a true reflection of his character, which seemingly didn't soften as he aged.

Just now, WeeMentalDavie said:

Because post after post about how much of a tragic loss it is wouldn't be a true reflection of his character, which seemingly didn't soften as he aged.

Based on a bloke who’d seen his sons Facebook that time and a video older than our entire squad. Versus tributes from current players, who’d interacted with him every day. 

Sure. 

11 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Whatever makes you happy, buddy. 

18 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

Post after post from all our players of every creed , class and background on social media sharing what  memories and fondness they had with the guy over the years . It’s not really giving the vibe of an “old racist bigot” as he was described earlier on here . 

Edited by Forever_blueco

2 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Sad news.

Aberdeen's Teddy Scott. He was at Pittodrie for 49 years, apparently.

ETA: As has already been posted.

Edited by Jacksgranda

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just to echo this I've always thought it's weird on Twitter when people die or suffer abuse and you get the old "I'm a celtic/rangers man and this is unacceptable" like no shit. Why even bring your club into it. Any normal human would agree with this.

I've always felt a bit weird about over sharing on social media especially around death but I must say it's fascinating how many people feel the need to express pleasure at others deaths.