Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

It’s understated (deliberately in some quarters) just how imperious Rangers were last season, setting records that Celtic won’t get close too for decades.

Leipzig lost 3-1 and slipped to 5th in the Bundesliga today, but are a depressingly high number of goals and 2 points above Köln in 6th. Not much of a rest at any rate.

4 minutes ago, Orbix said:

It’s understated (deliberately in some quarters) just how imperious Rangers were last season, setting records that Celtic won’t get close too for decades.

Imperious: adjective; arrogant and domineering.

Funny that, because arrogant isn't a word you'd normally associate with a club that had recently gone into liquidation, even if you suspend reality and pretend that <cough> only the club's operating company had undergone such insolvency. 

3 minutes ago, Orbix said:

That’s same grade A sevcoing to prove my point, thank you.

.....except you didn't prove any point, since those of us who inhabit the real world know that Rangers died in 2012, just as Third Lanark died in 1967.

46 minutes ago, Orbix said:

What were these records because as far as i’m aware the only record of note was the goals conceded? 

Points, goals scored and overall goal difference were all lower than what Celtic did in 16/17

55 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

What were these records because as far as i’m aware the only record of note was the goals conceded? 

Points, goals scored and overall goal difference were all lower than what Celtic did in 16/17

Goals conceded, shots conceded, home form, from memory.

Little surprise Rangers broke defensive records last season considering they were one of the most boring OF teams that I've ever witnessed in my lifetime.

9 hours ago, Orbix said:

Leipzig lost 3-1 and slipped to 5th in the Bundesliga today, but are a depressingly high number of goals and 2 points above Köln in 6th. Not much of a rest at any rate.

I watched the game last night. They looked remarkably tired and they basically played a full strength side. However they certainly have pace on the break with Nkunku whose finish last night was excellent. We need to be careful at not conceding possession in situations where we can easily be countered.

was howling at that myself, talk about clutching at straws. As good as Rangers* were last year it’s blindingly obvious they weren’t on the same level as Rodgers first season. 
Waiting for the "throw-ins successfully received" stats tbh.