Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Drew and the lhads will have those 70 pages posted in no time.

That's why I was curious to find out if the Celtic support wanted it to go ahead. It would seem strange to ridicule our decision to pull out if they themselves opposed it.

4 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I'm bemused as to why any non Rangers fan would care about this at all. 

Good to see the decision happen. I couldn't care less about the money involved, it was a gimmick and quite rightly got punted. I can't imagine any normal football fan on here wanting their club to do similar. 

I’ll tell you why non Rangers fans care about this, it’s hilarious. Rangers arrange a friendly match thousands of miles away from their major fan base to raise vital funds to keep the club ticking over. Blinkered fans get their knickers in a twist and cost the club these couple of million pounds. It’s hilarious.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

I’ll tell you why non Rangers fans care about this, it’s hilarious. Rangers arrange a friendly match thousands of miles away from their major fan base to raise vital funds to keep the club ticking over. Blinkered fans get their knickers in a twist and cost the club these couple of million pounds. It’s hilarious.

Do you genuinely believe or hope, like Celtic fans do, that without this money we aren't going to be able to function past November? It's a silly thought process as this was entirely "bonus" money that the board wouldn't have budgeted for.

"Blinkered" fans took a stand against the decision and ultimately forced change. Surely most supports would feel that is a benefit if the club are making a decision that they don't agree with?

I've still to see anyone actually come out and say they'd support the idea for their club. Slightly different for Aberdeen in terms of rivalry, but would the Edinburgh or Dundee clubs fanbases be fully behind this idea?

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Do you genuinely believe or hope, like Celtic fans do, that without this money we aren't going to be able to function past November? It's a silly thought process as this was entirely "bonus" money that the board wouldn't have budgeted for.

"Blinkered" fans took a stand against the decision and ultimately forced change. Surely most supports would feel that is a benefit if the club are making a decision that they don't agree with?

I've still to see anyone actually come out and say they'd support the idea for their club. Slightly different for Aberdeen in terms of rivalry, but would the Edinburgh or Dundee clubs fanbases be fully behind this idea?

Of course your club will survive past November without this money, but the people within the club, who I would presume know more detail about the financial state of the club than their fans and folk on P&B, said themselves that the reason that they accepted the invitation was the money involved. “Biting off your nose to spite your face” has never been more appropriate than the Rangers fans response to this. It’s a bloody one off football match thousands of miles from home, what’s the problem? Would I be happy for Aberdeen to play any club side you care to name in Australia for £2/3 million, bloody right I would. Why not?

I'm wondering if the Ibrox board have broken a contract, and there will be yet another court case for them to contend with, this time in the NSW court systems?

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Slightly different for Aberdeen in terms of rivalry, but would the Edinburgh or Dundee clubs fanbases be fully behind this idea?

The Edinburgh and Dundee clubs' fanbases, and also Aberdeen's, would be fully behind the two Glasgow clubs fcking off permanently to Australia, there's often talk about them leaving the Scottish leagues anyway.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I’m just curious, were Celtic fans actually in favour  from a clubs perspective a good few mil in the bank for a few friendlies featuring fringe players most likely due to the WC, it seems a no brainer.

Couldn’t give a Castlemains xxxx mate. However from the clubs perspective several mil for a few meaningless friendlies featuring mostly fringe players due to the WC, then it’s a no brainer

Rangers really seem to value this Old Firm moniker, however they devalued that much more by not paying their debts and getting themselves liquidated than any friendly in Australia would do.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Of course your club will survive past November without this money, but the people within the club, who I would presume know more detail about the financial state of the club than their fans and folk on P&B, said themselves that the reason that they accepted the invitation was the money involved. “Biting off your nose to spite your face” has never been more appropriate than the Rangers fans response to this. It’s a bloody one off football match thousands of miles from home, what’s the problem? Would I be happy for Aberdeen to play any club side you care to name in Australia for £2/3 million, bloody right I would. Why not?

So "vital funds to keep the club ticking over" was a large bit of hyperbole then?

7 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

The Edinburgh and Dundee clubs' fanbases, and also Aberdeen's, would be fully behind the two Glasgow clubs fcking off permanently to Australia, there's often talk about them leaving the Scottish leagues anyway.

Nice swerve of the question there. Certainly any Hibs and Hearts fans I've chatted to at work about it generally are of the opinion they wouldn't like it. Not all, mind you, but most.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Couldn’t give a Castlemains xxxx mate. However from the clubs perspective several mil for a few meaningless friendlies featuring mostly fringe players due to the WC, then it’s a no brainer

So, here's what I'm getting at. Am I right in saying that Celtic's largest fan group also protested against the idea of this friendly? Yet somehow we are to now believe that the fanbase isn't fussed and it's actually a bad thing for us that we've pulled out? Aye, indeed.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

So "vital funds to keep the club ticking over" was a large bit of hyperbole then?

Nice swerve of the question there. Certainly any Hibs and Hearts fans I've chatted to at work about it generally are of the opinion they wouldn't like it. Not all, mind you, but most.

So, here's what I'm getting at. Am I right in saying that Celtic's largest fan group also protested against the idea of this friendly? Yet somehow we are to now believe that the fanbase isn't fussed and it's actually a bad thing for us that we've pulled out? Aye, indeed.

You seriously think that Hearts/Hibs fans, and Dundee/Dundee United fans would have a problem with their clubs doing what was proposed for Celtic and Rangers? Seriously? You’re having a laugh.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Who the GB?  You think the GB speak for the majority of fair minded Celtic fans? 😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Jinky67

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You seriously think that Hearts/Hibs fans, and Dundee/Dundee United fans would have a problem with their clubs doing what was proposed for Celtic and Rangers? Seriously? You’re having a laugh.

Well, why don't you tell me why you think Rangers fans are against it?

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Who the GB?  You think the GB speak for the majority of fair minded Celtic fans? 😂😂😂😂😂

Well, that's why I was asking. Don't people assume that the Union Bears speak for the majority of Rangers fans? Why wouldn't it be the same for a prominent supporters group at Celtic?

Edited by AJF

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

Nice swerve of the question there.

Sorry.

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The Celtic board seem to give them priority to speak for the Celtic support at away games, given their readiness to allocate large blocks of tickets in the front area of grounds when Celtic visit.

1 minute ago, blackislekillie said:

Very mean spirited of the **** to spoil Ange's homecoming. Have they got a wee petted lip about the lack of Old Firm (sic) in the publicity?

That was the bit I didn't understand about the Ibrox board's reasoning. Their support complained that they didn't want to be associated with Celtic (not as politely as that, of course): yet the board wanted more of a connection to be made between the two clubs, and were upset that the Old Firm trademark, registered by Celtic to include their rivals, wasn't prominent enough.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Well, why don't you tell me why you think Rangers fans are against it?

Well, that's why I was asking. Don't people assume that the Union Bears speak for the majority of Rangers fans? Why wouldn't it be the same for a prominent supporters group at Celtic?

So you can’t think for yourself? Form your own opinions without the Union Bears giving it to you? Is that what are suggesting?

I assumed you wouldnt have had to ask such a silly question 

Edited by Jinky67

36 minutes ago, AJF said:

If, during the World Cup when domestic fitba's postponed, someone decided to offer a few bob to us and St. Mirren to rock up at Eden Park in some big "Everyone loves Alex Grieve" piss up I would be right behind it. Money for the team and a paid for warm weather training camp for the players and the chance to get some more fans? Dae it. 

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

So you can’t think for yourself? Form your own opinions without the Union Bears giving it to you? Is that what are suggesting?

I assumed you would have had to ask such a silly question 

Erm, no. That's not what I was suggesting at all 😂 I was asking if their (GB) protest captured the feeling of the majority of the fanbase.

Edited by AJF