Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

3 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

its catholic population and Irish heritage 

Although the OO in Scotland has its own history it is undoubtedly Irish in origin.

Why do you hate Irish heritage?

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

deluded and dare I say bigoted old fool.

The OO has nothing  to do with football.  Stating this simple truth makes me neither bigoted nor deluded.  Sad to see you use an ageist trope - but not surprised.

4 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

4 team city to be fair

5 if you want to include Clyde as they’re originally a Glasgow team also 

I wasn't meaning Glasgow. Hibs used the slogan last year for a kit launch and it's a Man City song. It's a generic football slogan that was probably decided by Adidas rather than Celtic. It's not anti-protestant bigotry but anyway. 

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

So any tricolour flag with a white band stands for Peace? Russia?

No I was talking about the Irish flag and why the colours were chosen and what the flag represents. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Ireland

No idea about Russia as I'm not Russian but I would guess white on a flag would often represent peace just like red would often be to represent blood of people who fought for the country. 

13 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

The wee boy at the start of the clip actually got quite a sore one as he face planted the ground and looked to be in a bit of pain. The video doesn't show this but my seat is only 20 yards away and he was quickly dealt with. I just think Gazza doesn't have the capacity to understand the implications of his behaviour at any precise moment in time.

22 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The OO has nothing  to do with football.  Stating this simple truth makes me neither bigoted nor deluded.  Sad to see you use an ageist trope - but not surprised.

The OO has nothing to do with football? Then why would members pose for photos outside a club shop? Seems a bit odd no if the 2 can’t be associated? 

Secondly you have no issue calling me a liar and a racist yet find it sad that I called you old. I take it you don’t get irony and at least my old comment is at least accurate.

Have a nice evening Kinky - I’m sure there is a few floot ban playlists that could keep you going till bedtime 

95EF345C-DC87-4595-9D32-B525A0F96692.jpeg

Edited by Jinky67

14 minutes ago, Bailey1972 said:

The wee boy at the start of the clip actually got quite a sore one as he face planted the ground and looked to be in a bit of pain. The video doesn't show this but my seat is only 20 yards away and he was quickly dealt with. I just think Gazza doesn't have the capacity to understand the implications of his behaviour at any precise moment in time.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

You are 100% right.  Celebrating Irish heritage is a massive issue - which is why you and your wee diddy pals are going tonto over Gazza impersonating a flautist.

Shame on you for diverting a football thread to vent your spleen.

Can you just accept it was intended as a bigoted gesture?

14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

No it hasn't.

Yet here we are on a football forum, in a football related thread, talking about a football player who in a football match in front of football supporters felt it appropriate to mimic an OO flutist so he could get a cheer from those football fans whilst you dodge a question about why members of the OO in full costume are posing in front a football club shop.

Wild eh?

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, stressball said:

Can you just accept it was intended as a bigoted gesture?

It was an empty-headed and moronic gesture and - in the context of yesterday - pretty sad.  Gazza should never have been near the pitch.

Impersonating a flautist is never bigoted.

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Yet here are on a football forum, in a football related thread, talking about a football player who in a football match in front of football supporters felt in appropriate to mimic an OO flutist so he could get a cheer for those football fans whilst you dodge a question about why members of the OO in full costume are posing in front a football club shop.

Wild eh?

You are fucking raging, mate.  Go for a wee lie down and maybe life will look better in the morning.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

You are fucking raging, mate.  Go for a wee lie down and maybe life will look better in the morning.

Says the one calling everyone racist for calling his beloved OO anti-Catholic. Again you just don’t get irony do you? 😂

Away and have a wee play on the flute

49 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

It’s not an issue between two sets of fans

its an issue within Scottish society when it comes to its catholic population and Irish heritage 

It wasn’t that long ago Ross County put out an apology when a small number of its fans was caught on camera using anti catholic slurs.

At political level, Labour have had to apologise for its members using similar language 

Its far too convenient for people to say this is a football problem when it’s clearly now.

Again though, celebrating your Irish roots shouldn’t be an issue for anyone, and if it does upset some people. The problem is with them. 

Out of curiosity would you say Scotland has an issue with anti protestant sentiments as SNP MPs have previously used sectarian language aimed at them? 

14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nah.  Over-indulging barely coherent and angry wee p***ks has never been a barrier  to Lodge membership.

You might want to read this one back chap and reassess which one of us is coming across as the angry one. 

And you seem to understand me just fine you just aren’t very good with the replies hence the deviation into personal abuse. It’s ok though I’m a big boy I can take it. Was that another homoerotic quip? I’ll let you decide 😉

Have a bang on your drum and come back in a wee while

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

You might want to read this one back chap and reassess which one of us is coming across as the angry one. 

And you seem to understand me just fine you just aren’t very good with the replies hence the deviation into personal abuse. It’s ok though I’m a big boy I can take it. Was that another homoerotic quip? I’ll let you decide 😉

Just stop.  Please.