Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Thatโ€™s just petty shite. You do realise that youโ€™re playing that team three times in the next few weeks and I havenโ€™t seen a single protest about that.ย 

Their entire songbook is devoted to that team and their fans so this notion that they want nothing to do with anything we are a part of is as you say โ€ฆ shite.

Itโ€™s solely because they are the B side of this particular fixture and reportedly being paid less for it too

4 hours ago, bennett said:

Aye it definitely doesn't bother you.

My last words on the subject (for now).

Rightly or wrongly, personal experience has led me to pigeon-hole Rangers* fans into one of two broad groups. The first group consists of the knuckle-dragging neanderthals who are genuinely too thick to understand the reality of what happened to their old club. To my mind, they are exempt from criticism and there's little point in engaging in debate with this group because they can barely stand upright, far less understand the legal intricacies of an incorporated football club.

The second group comprises of everyone else in the support, and this group fully understands exactly what happened to their club, including the lengths the football authorities went to prop upright a corpse lying on the liquidator's mortuary slab, drape it in a blue 'born in 1872' t-shirt before concocting a fairy tale that would have had Hans Christian Andersen cringing with embarrassment.

I have a very good bluenose mate who is intelligent, honest and articulate. When I asked him whether he would consider that Celtic had died if every single thing that happened to Rangers back in 2012 had instead happened to Celtic, right down the finest minutiae, he candidly admitted that he and all right-thinking Rangers fans would have viewed Celtic as dead if they'd undergone the same liquidation process suffered by Rangers. He even acknowledged that there would have been rioting on the streets if the football authorities had tried to dupe people into believing that Celtic had survived liquidation or that any subsequent newco would be entitled to the titles and trophies of a defunct predecessor.

When I pressed him on his massive and glaringly obvious inconsistency, this normally eloquent and erudite individual changed into a bumbling shambles of a man, incapable of explaining why he thought it reasonable that there should be one rule and treatment for his club and different rules and treatment for everyone else. He is well aware that everyone who claims that Rangers survived liquidation as the same club (football authorities, media, new Rangers, their fans) all have a vested interest in that being the case, but chooses to ignore the facts by simply sticking his fingers in his ears while chanting la-la-la-la-la.

One final point; Rangers' death is often portrayed as simply hatred/jealousy by rival Celtic fans. Celtic fans obviously outnumber fans of other clubs by some distance, but in my experience, fans of all senior clubs are appalled by the special treatment afforded to whichever entity is playing out of Ibrox at any given moment, which is why those fans ensured that the new Rangers club started out in the fourth tier of Scottish football back in 2012, as all brand new clubs had to.

Edited by Squonk

1 minute ago, Squonk said:

Rightly or wrongly, personal experience has led me to pigeon-hole Rangers* fans into one of two broad groups. The first group consists of the knuckle-dragging neanderthals who are genuinely too thick to understand the reality of what happened to their old club. To my mind, they are exempt from criticism and there's little point in engaging in debate with this group because they can barely stand upright, far less understand the legal intricacies of an incorporated football club.

The second group comprises of everyone else in the support, and this group fully understands exactly what happened to their club, including the lengths the football authorities went to prop upright a corpse lying on the liquidator's mortuary slab, dress it in a blue 'born in 1872' t-shirt before concocting a fairy tale that would have had Hans Christian Andersen cringing with embarrassment.

I have a very good bluenose mate who is intelligent, honest and articulate. When I asked him whether he would consider that Celtic had died if every single thing that happened to Rangers back in 2012 had instead happened to Celtic, right down the finest minutiae, he candidly admitted that he and all right-thinking Rangers fans would have viewed Celtic as dead if they'd undergone the same liquidation suffered by Rangers. He even acknowledged that there would have been rioting on the streets if the football authorities had tried to dupe people into believing that Celtic had survived liquidation or that any subsequent newco would be entitled to the titles and trophies of the defunct predecessor.

When I pressed him on his massive and glaringly obvious inconsistency, this normally eloquent and erudite individual changed into a bumbling shambles of a man, incapable of explaining why he thought it reasonable that there should be one rule and treatment for his club and different rules and treatment for everyone else. He is well aware that everyone who claims that Rangers survived liquidation as the same club (football authorities, media, new Rangers, their fans) all have a vested interest in that being the case, but chooses to ignore the facts by simply sticking his fingers in his ears while chanting la-la-la-la-la.

One final point; Rangers' death is often portrayed as simply hatred/jealousy by rival Celtic fans. Celtic fans obviously outnumber fans of other clubs by some distance, but in my experience, fans of all senior clubs are appalled by the special treatment afforded to whichever entity is playing out of Ibrox at any given moment, which is why those fans ensured that the new Rangers club started out in the fourth tier of Scottish football back in 2012, as all brand new clubs had to.

ย 

ย 

No one asked for War and Peace.

33 minutes ago, Squonk said:

The second group comprises of everyone else in the support, and this group fully understands exactly what happened to their club, including the lengths the football authorities went to prop upright a corpse lying on the liquidator's mortuary slab, dress it in a blue 'born in 1872' t-shirt before concocting a fairy tale that would have had Hans Christian Andersen cringing with embarrassment.

I have a very good bluenose mate who is intelligent, honest and articulate. When I asked him whether he would consider that Celtic had died if every single thing that happened to Rangers back in 2012 had instead happened to Celtic, right down the finest minutiae, he candidly admitted that he and all right-thinking Rangers fans would have viewed Celtic as dead if they'd undergone the same liquidation suffered by Rangers. He even acknowledged that there would have been rioting on the streets if the football authorities had tried to dupe people into believing that Celtic had survived liquidation or that any subsequent newco would be entitled to the titles and trophies of the defunct predecessor.

ย 

20B67D75-BE6C-4133-A5AA-AEDFA48D403E.gif

58 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Thatโ€™s just petty shite. You do realise that youโ€™re playing that team three times in the next few weeks and I havenโ€™t seen a single protest about that.ย 

The difference is that this Aussie friendly is a choice. It was completely avoidable.

Iโ€™m not saying there is an issue playing Celtic, Iโ€™m saying there is an issue playing Celtic in a โ€œfriendlyโ€ on the other side of the world for the reasons I stated.

56 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Their entire songbook is devoted to that team and their fans so this notion that they want nothing to do with anything we are a part of is as you say โ€ฆ shite.

Itโ€™s solely because they are the B side of this particular fixture and reportedly being paid less for it too

Itโ€™s not that Rangers fans are saying they want nothing to do with the rivalry, that is what Celtic claim and fail at doing so. Itโ€™s that they want nothing to do with this friendly.

And your second point is also nonsense given the reaction was largely negative before there were even whispers that weโ€™d be getting paid less.

7 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Itโ€™s been confirmed both teams are getting paid exactly the same.

As for your post about supporters with their heads in the sand. I did have a wee chuckle . You lot will never learn

Rangers donโ€™t need the money. It would be nice of course but there are some things that are more important than just financial gain.ย 
ย 

Rangers will not need to pay a penalty clause as they have a relatively easy get out from this.ย 
ย 

Maybe if you tried concentrating on your own club you would know all this.ย 

7 hours ago, Squonk said:

The second group comprises of everyone else in the support, and this group fully understands exactly what happened to their club, including the lengths the football authorities went to prop upright a corpse lying on the liquidator's mortuary slab, drape it in a blue 'born in 1872' t-shirt before concocting a fairy tale that would have had Hans Christian Andersen cringing with embarrassment.

I have a very good bluenose mate who is intelligent, honest and articulate. When I asked him whether he would consider that Celtic had died if every single thing that happened to Rangers back in 2012 had instead happened to Celtic, right down the finest minutiae, he candidly admitted that he and all right-thinking Rangers fans would have viewed Celtic as dead if they'd undergone the same liquidation process suffered by Rangers. He even acknowledged that there would have been rioting on the streets if the football authorities had tried to dupe people into believing that Celtic had survived liquidation or that any subsequent newco would be entitled to the titles and trophies of a defunct predecessor.

Deliciousย 

ย 

6 hours ago, AJF said:

The difference is that this Aussie friendly is a choice. It was completely avoidable.

Itโ€™s not that Rangers fans are saying they want nothing to do with the rivalry

First point is correctย 

Second point is miles off. The support do not want the clubs good name to be tarnished in being associated with Celtic in anywayย 

The pretence that "The support do not want the clubs good name to be tarnished in being associated with Celtic in anyway" is so very much like this "same club" schtick.ย  The brute force repetition of something that is demonstrably untrue to cover up acute embarrassment and shame of what happened, belies such a level of insecurity it's hilarious.

You're like a brother and sister who fight like cats and dogs in public, much to the embarrassment and irritationย of everyone else, in an effort to hide the fact you definitely, definitely f**k each other inย private.

18 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

First point is correctย 

Second point is miles off. The support do not want the clubs good name to be tarnished in being associated with Celtic in anywayย 

Iโ€™m not so sure. Iโ€™ve not heard many fans try and distance themselves from the old firm rivalry. Obviously there are individual identities and nobody sees us as connected, but in terms of us having a rivalry with Celtic, I donโ€™t see many people saying we havenโ€™t got one.

Its a source of embarrassment because theyโ€™ve been confronted with the truth of how the clubs see each other and what the relationship is really like.

Their lifelong struggle against their enemies is nothing more than a showpiece brand to be marketed beyond these shores.ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, AB1872 said:

Rangers donโ€™t need the money.ย 

Turns over 50 million a year but posts 24 millions losses a year but they donโ€™t need the money in a league where payments for TV and winning the league is pittance ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Like i said head in the sand even your board have stated they need to raise capital to plug holes. In fact arenโ€™t you due your new monthly share issue?ย 

1 hour ago, AB1872 said:

The clubs good name? Where in the world apart from maybe NI do Rangers and their fans have a good name? Regularly fined and banned by UEFA for racist and anti- catholic singing, known for rioting away and amongst themselves and the club being financially mismanaged and avoiding paying their debts.

In what circles does this constitute Rangers having a good name? ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

ย 

Edited by Jinky67

20 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Its a source of embarrassment because theyโ€™ve been confronted with the truth of how the clubs see each other and what the relationship is really like.

Their lifelong struggle against their enemies is nothing more than a showpiece brand to be marketed beyond these shores.ย 

ย 

It's also just a 'showpiece brand' that's been marketed within these shores for a century or more. The Old Firm are to all intents and purposes the same entity. Same goals, same psuedo 'history', same half-witted secterian fan base, same symbiotic reliance on and need for each other to survive.

ย 

16 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

ย 

I think that's partly it. Given we had the likes of shared sponsorship deals together for decades which only ended about 2015, the current voting structure and now this, I don't think many can genuinely say there are no instances of us being a "package deal" at times.

As it was described at the weekend, many see it as jumping into bed with Celtic. I don't doubt that commercially it is a wise move, but I understand and share the feelings of those that think the whole idea should get binned.

26 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

ย 

Yes, the two clubs are business partners and always have been.ย  They've had joint shirt sponsorship deals on and off over 20 years, the stupid cunts are only now realising it as the partnership has made it's way onto the pitch.

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Turns over 50 million a year but posts 24 millions losses a year but they donโ€™t need the money in a league where payments for TV and winning the league is pittance ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

Again, you are conflating the meanings of "want" and "need".

No matter how much you try and flog it, it won't stick.