Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

48 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

Paul Elliot was a cracking player but Marc Reiper ?? Seriously??

I would have Mjalby , Stubbs and VVD and probably a few others before Reiper. 

Now they Champion Duffy, Welsh, Starfelt and Carter Vickers 😂

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Certainly a class above anyone you have just now but I personally think the other two were better players.

Elliot in particular was a brilliant centre half.

Not when he first joined he wasnt. Alan Stubbs had a shitemare awful 1st season for us and many felt we had just bought a 4 million donkey.

his 2nd season however ;)

Short memories some have

Can't believe we've genuinely signed Ramsey. It's completely bizarre 😂

7 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Hence the point i hope Ramsay is as successful as Keane and Bellamy.

Flew over your head i take it?

Keane and Bellamy were both excellent for you though. Keane especially but the issue for you in 09/10 was that the damage was already done by the time you signed him. Not only that but Mowbray's team never had any problem scoring goals either but couldn't defend to save their lives.

Edited by DMCs

2 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Can't believe we've genuinely signed Ramsey. It's completely bizarre 😂

Sorry this is the Celtic defenders retrospective thread?

Spoiler

It’s mental, I can’t believe the existence of an automatic extension clause on his contact is the reason we’ve got him. Imagine Juve spending the €3.5m to strengthen us to avoid €7m next season. 

Wilson’s gonna get a statue.

Was looking at the table there after the Hibs v Hearts game.

Am I right in saying you boys have lost 1 league game in the last 62, United at the start of this season?

I hadn't realised it was quite a run as that given its rarely mentioned. As annoying as it is that's quite impressive.

Looks like Juventus have a returned the favour.

@scotsunsscotsunsport 08 Feb 13

Rangers have offered Juventus the use of Murray Park to prepare for the Champions League first-leg against Celtic in Glasgow next week.

48 minutes ago, bennett said:

Looks like Juventus have a returned the favour.

@scotsunsscotsunsport 08 Feb 13

Rangers have offered Juventus the use of Murray Park to prepare for the Champions League first-leg against Celtic in Glasgow next week.

Haud oan. Celtic are in the Champions League next week? 🤪

Edited by alta-pete
Du’uh. It’s from 2013. Don’t judge me. Please.

On 15/09/2016 at 18:29, Romeo said:

Barton has been totally found out. Lauded by the the rangers fans as an incredible signing.

On 03/06/2017 at 11:54, Romeo said:

Apparently the bid was about 500k, to be paid over 4 years :lol:

4 years FFS :lol:

SevcoCapture2.PNG

On 03/06/2017 at 12:16, Romeo said:

Fans of the most recent Rangers* franchise are certainly the most gullible.

"Big name signings" :lol: 

Thread needs a few Romeo posts.

38 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Was looking at the table there after the Hibs v Hearts game.

Am I right in saying you boys have lost 1 league game in the last 62, United at the start of this season?

I hadn't realised it was quite a run as that given its rarely mentioned. As annoying as it is that's quite impressive.

Yes, you are right. Ultimately it doesn't matter if we finish the rest of the season unbeaten though if we end up drawing too frequently to win the league.

Edited by DMCs

Yes, you are right. Ultimately it doesn't matter if we finish the rest of the season unbeaten though if we end up drawing too frequently to win the league.
Quite. I think there's only 11 draws in that 62 though.

81% win rate over 2 years is ridiculous. Don't know why it's not mentioned more, I hadn't realised it's was quite that kind of run.

On 01/02/2022 at 16:42, Mr. Alli said:

Of course he is. He's literally the easiest pick to point to and say "aye, but that boy you paid more than double for is a fucking huddy. Everybody has said so". I literally told you that is exactly why I done it. 

I'm sorry, I predicted Celtic would be nowhere near second in the league? :lol:

Big man just strolled the derby and you might want to check that table again.

Angeballs burst 😂😂😂

Fanny 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Aye he looked like a rabbit in the headlights tonight. 

Gerrard bought players to fit a particular style and system look at Kamara as a perfect example of that. I’m not sure Gio has one hence is buying big names who aren’t really addressing the areas you need improved imo.

7 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Gerrard bought players to fit a particular style and system look at Kamara as a perfect example of that. I’m not sure Gio has one hence is buying big names who aren’t really addressing the areas you need improved imo.

I’m not sure I agree with that. He definitely has a style and system. Given he uses width a lot more in our forward areas a right winger was likely our number 1 priority in the transfer window, which we got. 

4 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Are Rangers really covering £2 million of Ramsey’s wages as reported? £140,000 per game.

The silly billy’s going baws out for the CL money. I’m sure similar club called Rangers tried that in the past and hilariously died. 

No

Juventus had a clause in Ramsey’s contract that stated that if he were still at the club at this point, an automatic contract extension would kick in. The only reason it makes any financial sense to anybody is that him being on loan negates it.

Ramsey on Juve Bench - 6 months of paying remaining contract + 12 months

Ramsey at Rangers - 6 months of paying 90-95% of remaining contract.

17 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m not sure I agree with that. He definitely has a style and system. Given he uses width a lot more in our forward areas a right winger was likely our number 1 priority in the transfer window, which we got. 

Biggest concern is the clear mismanagement of the full backs. Borna has fallen off a cliff in terms of confidence, and that negatively affects all of our play on the left, was one point that Bassey and Aribo combined to take the fall off him to get it forward. Tav’s been told to keep back, which means players who are used to him being the right hand side outball can’t. 

f**k knows what he’s done to Kamara.