Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

16 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Bringing in loans to kick the can into the summer will cause more problems, Celtic need a strong sevco M8.

We'd have the same amount of players on loan that you do 😂

Just now, Sortmeout said:

Just dropping in to remind everyone that it doesn’t matter how much Ramsey would be on, his wages are paid by the company and not the club and their is zero connection between the two of course.

Pay him a million a week if you want.

It does seem like we’ve seen this story before though…

21 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Cant see it, will end up at some middling EPL club come 11.

1 minute ago, Chonky said:

Is he any good these days? 

Assume if this goes through (doubt it), lundstrum must be off to clear wages.

I assume this has been made public to flush out English clubs. He will end up mid table in England. Or Newcastle!

Most likely outcome I think.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

There is a bit of the James McCarthys about it however no question Ramsay is a level above McCarthy.

A big difference is that McCarthy’s apparently on a relatively low weekly wage with it being bumped up by reasonably high appearance fees etc. whereas Rangers covering any percentage of Ramsays ridiculously high wage is bat shit crazy. While if they are just paying a hefty sum to get the loan until the end of the season is also a bit wild.

46 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Ain’t he the one that after he scores a famous person dies?  Sign him up.  Not a hit in the dead pool yet.

Scenes from the **** when he scores on Wednesday night but oor Lizzie dies on the Thursday…

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

IF Rangers get Ramsay on loan, and IF they don’t win the league this season thereby guaranteeing Champions League Group Stage money, this is not going to end well. Huge gamble taking in such a huge wage earner on the basis that he will win the league for you. 

What's the craic with morelos these days? Happy at rangers, or simmering away in indignant fury?

Reason I ask is that my Italian club (Fiorentina) have just opened their legs and sold our best player (and one of Europe's best young talents) to juve. And, having had a modicum of interest in morelos last year, I imagine there may be even more interest now...

I'm not part of the 'we all hate morelos club', but it would be some kick in the bollocks to swap vlahovic for 'el buffalo'

6 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

What's the craic with morelos these days? Happy at rangers, or simmering away in indignant fury?

Reason I ask is that my Italian club (Fiorentina) have just opened their legs and sold our best player (and one of Europe's best young talents) to juve. And, having had a modicum of interest in morelos last year, I imagine there may be even more interest now...

I'm not part of the 'we all hate morelos club', but it would be some kick in the bollocks to swap vlahovic for 'el buffalo'

He done an interview just before he left for international duty saying he was happy and settled at Rangers but I think his goal is always going to be to play in a better league.

He's the most 'if he can manage to stay fit' player in history, but it's a massive coup for them if he does sign, as more and more folk are starting to indicate. Slightly baffling at the same time as i'd imagine he'd have plenty offers down south. 

Although i suspect (hope) the deal may fall through when someone reminds him to pack his astro boots.

44 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

IF Rangers get Ramsay on loan, and IF they don’t win the league this season thereby guaranteeing Champions League Group Stage money, this is not going to end well. Huge gamble taking in such a huge wage earner on the basis that he will win the league for you. 

See my earlier post. Money doesn’t matter when your simply a football club. It’s all cool.