Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

7 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

He was out of contract, so they didn't need to pay a transfer fee.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think they signed him on a pre-contract if I remember right so they used any savings in regards to a transfer fee and used that to make him a great offer. Agreed, I don't think he is or was at that elite level. 

Thank you, that makes more sense. Although still a bit mental. 

If it somehow does happen, I have slight reservations about it. Undoubtedly he'd be an excellent addition quality wise however he has been injured since November and has only played 35 games in the last season and a half. We'd be paying big money to bring someone in that is unlikely to hit the ground running going into the business end of the season (sorry for the lazy cliché). 

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

I imagine to get any move he will have to reduce his wage significantly but even at that a 75% reduction still puts him at 100k a week 😂

Is be a 100k a week player? not imo at least not anymore so yeah the only ones crazy to pay that have t be Newcastle unless ofc Juve are happy to subsidise it all.

Some coup if Rangers pull it off however i haven’t seen him play in ages so no idea as to how good he is anymore

Juventus probably just want someone who's miserable out the door.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

If it somehow does happen, I have slight reservations about it. Undoubtedly he'd be an excellent addition quality wise however he has been injured since November and has only played 35 games in the last season in a half. We'd be paying big money to bring someone in that is unlikely to hit the ground running going into the business end of the season (sorry for the lazy cliché). 

There is a bit of the James McCarthys about it however no question Ramsay is a level above McCarthy. 

I would have thought a centre half may have been the priority though

Just now, Jinky67 said:

There is a bit of the James McCarthys about it however no question Ramsay is a level above McCarthy. 

I would have thought a centre half may have been the priority though

Apparently Souttar wasn't at Hearts training this morning so maybe a bit of movement there. Helander back training too.

I think we've got to a point where we do need to invest in the team again after being rather frugal this season up until now. Depending on what sources you believe we've brought in anywhere between £10m - £16m between Gerrard leaving and Patterson and Bacuna being sold. I'm just not 100% convinced this is the best option out there but it certainly gets the juices flowing!

Loan with an option to buy Ramsey apparently. He must be willing to accept a hefty reduction in salary to be considering Rangers?….

Doubt Ramsey will join but looks like the Souttar transfer could be completed today and also the transfer of Zukowski.

14 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think we've got to a point where we do need to invest in the team again after being rather frugal this season up until now. Depending on what sources you believe we've brought in anywhere between £10m - £16m between Gerrard leaving and Patterson and Bacuna being sold. I'm just not 100% convinced this is the best option out there but it certainly gets the juices flowing!

It's good to see sevco standing still and players getting older,Balgun,Davis,McGregor and Arfield are all on the wrong side Roofe and Jack are done with injuries.
Goldson wants to walk away and sevco haven't signed anybody.  

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's good to see sevco standing still and players getting older,Balgun,Davis,McGregor and Arfield are all on the wrong side Roofe and Jack are done with injuries.
Goldson wants to walk away and sevco haven't signed anybody.  

I think this point was always going to come to an extent. The investment in the squad to build a title winning side was massive and the only way it could've been sustained was if we had secured CL football this season.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think this point was always going to come to an extent. The investment in the squad to build a title winning side was massive and the only way it could've been sustained was if we had secured CL football this season.

Bringing in loans to kick the can into the summer will cause more problems, Celtic need a strong sevco M8.