Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

18 minutes ago, Mon Dieu said:

You could have also wished Rangers a Happy 150th Birthday had they not died...

All the worst wishes on your 10th Birthday.

H**-Hammering Regards

Mon Dieu

So I guess that the rest of the Hibs fans can retire now that the king is back.  Nice to see you, wee man.

BTW, since you've been away, this '***' pish is no longer acceptable.  Only used by the diddiest of diddies.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Derek McGregor saying Souttar’s turned down Blackburn and Sheff Utd and is coming to us instead.

Great news. I think we will end up getting him in this month too. 

Cedric Itten is also coming back from his loan. Wonder if that means he will go out on loan to a different team or be here as a substitute option while Roofe is injured.

17 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Great news. I think we will end up getting him in this month too. 

Cedric Itten is also coming back from his loan. Wonder if that means he will go out on loan to a different team or be here as a substitute option while Roofe is injured.

Yeah I think if he is coming here we’ll try to sort something out for this window. 

Itten might go out on loan again. Furth are a bit of a shambles this year, it wasn’t doing much for his value.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Derek McGregor saying Souttar’s turned down Blackburn and Sheff Utd and is coming to us instead.

Would certainly seem like a good piece of business for us, getting him for free, or at a reasonable sum to come in this window. The obvious risk is his injury record, but I think most can see his value when he is fit.

Assuming both Simpson and Goldson will depart, similarly Balogun being out of contract that would leave us with Souttar (if he signs), Helander, Bassey and Sands. I've no idea whether King is ready to be fifth choice CB but we could maybe do with another in the summer if we are losing 3. Both Helander and Souttar being injury prone I'd feel more comfortable with another but it may be King is capable.

Edited by AJF

19 minutes ago, AJF said:

Would certainly seem like a good piece of business for us, getting him for free, or at a reasonable sum to come in this window. The obvious risk is his injury record, but I think most can see his value when he is fit.

Assuming both Simpson and Goldson will depart, similarly Balogun being out of contract that would leave us with Souttar (if he signs), Helander, Bassey and Sands. I've no idea whether King is ready to be fifth choice CB but we could maybe do with another in the summer if we are losing 3. Both Helander and Souttar being injury prone I'd feel more comfortable with another but it may be King is capable.

I think we’ll sign another in addition to Souttar tbh. All the talk around Sands seems to indicate he’ll be coming in to play DM.

If Souttars injuries don’t flare up he’ll be a cracking player.

2 hours ago, DMCs said:

The Lundstram and Boro link makes no sense to me as he downed tools under Wilder when he was at Sheffield United. I can't see it happening.

Supposedly the “downing tools” stuff is a lot of pish. When Rangers made their initial approach he told Sheffield Utd he wanted to go and play for Steven Gerrard who’s his idol. Sheffield Utd didn’t like this.

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

Supposedly the “downing tools” stuff is a lot of pish. When Rangers made their initial approach he told Sheffield Utd he wanted to go and play for Steven Gerrard who’s his idol. Sheffield Utd didn’t like this.

That would have been before Wilder left no? 

Looks like Middlesbrough are signing that Australian that Celtic wanted as well so that makes it more unlikely that they would want another midfielder like Lundstram too.

10 minutes ago, DMCs said:

That would have been before Wilder left no? 

Looks like Middlesbrough are signing that Australian that Celtic wanted as well so that makes it more unlikely that they would want another midfielder like Lundstram too.

Yes it was during Wilder’s time in charge. Wilder might have dropped him purely because Lundstram had had his head turned? Players and managers are fickle though. Lundstram’s had his chance to play for Gerrard now and think all parties know there’s no chance Gerrard will try sign him for Villa. I think Lundstram probably knows his days at Rangers are numbered whilst Wilder knows the player and what he’d be getting.  

Edited by 8MileBU

2 hours ago, AJF said:

I've no idea whether King is ready to be fifth choice CB but we could maybe do with another in the summer if we are losing 3. Both Helander and Souttar being injury prone I'd feel more comfortable with another but it may be King is capable.

I think (hope) that a lot of the 'are they ready' chat we've been having over the last couple of years is addressed by the new management team. If they're doing well at international tournaments and coming through, play 'em. 

A poor performance in one game meaning that to some people they're shite forever notwithstanding.