Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

11 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Just the 5m up front from Everton. Will need to sell more silver to keep the lights on.

An impeccable source tbf.

Patterson to Everton done, £10.2m (£5m up front) potentially going up to £15.2m, Rangers will be due £1m for every 50 starts he makes within the original timeframe of his first contract, there's also a 10% sell-on clause on any profit within the next three years, 5.5yr deal.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s a reference to a blundering old racist (namely Archie MacPherson), who somehow keeps getting venerated for his football expertise. See also: MacNamura’s free kick versus Man Utd. 

Be fair to him, his racism is matched by his grasp of geography and he isn't alone.

I was taken at the time on the novel circumstance of the first goal and I now wonder what could have prompted such an error

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

An impeccable source tbf.

Patterson to Everton done, £10.2m (£5m up front) potentially going up to £15.2m, Rangers will be due £1m for every 50 starts he makes within the original timeframe of his first contract, there's also a 10% sell-on clause on any profit within the next three years, 5.5yr deal.

Surely nobody still believes that Rangers hating crackpot fake agent 😂

Sands coming in to play DM rather than CB according to Chris Jack, which is interesting. He’s made the breakthrough at NYCFC as a CB.

Thinking about it, the strengths identified in the scouting report about him (defensive positioning, game intelligence, athleticism), combined with his limitations (ball progression) do perhaps make a better fit for our DM than our CB. Our 6 has to cover a lot of ground, and it’s more important than ever to properly screen the defence now the three man midfield is history. Also, the ball progression mantle has been taken on by our CB’s now - we don’t really need a midfielder who can spray long diags. 

ETA: also says we’re looking at RB and RW in the market.

Edited by G51

27 minutes ago, G51 said:

Sands coming in to play DM rather than CB according to Chris Jack, which is interesting. He’s made the breakthrough at NYCFC as a CB.

Thinking about it, the strengths identified in the scouting report about him (defensive positioning, game intelligence, athleticism), combined with his limitations (ball progression) do perhaps make a better fit for our DM than our CB. Our 6 has to cover a lot of ground, and it’s more important than ever to properly screen the defence now the three man midfield is history. Also, the ball progression mantle has been taken on by our CB’s now - we don’t really need a midfielder who can spray long diags. 

If so, it sounds like Jack’s season might be done.

28 minutes ago, G51 said:

Every NYC fan I've seen has said he's better as a number 6 than a CB so that makes sense. Perhaps means that Gio is looking to move on Lundstram and that Sands will compete with Kamara. 

We need to be looking at getting a CB this window though or at the very least sort a bosman there.

16 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Every NYC fan I've seen has said he's better as a number 6 than a CB so that makes sense. Perhaps means that Gio is looking to move on Lundstram and that Sands will compete with Kamara. 

We need to be looking at getting a CB this window though or at the very least sort a bosman there.

Giving him a quick look at the moment - more I see of him, the more I see why he makes sense at 6 instead of CB. 

- Played there during NYCFC's postseason run, which is probably when we were impressed with him.

- Seems capable but inconsistent in the air, which he'll get away with at 6 but won't at CB

- Is quite good at making himself available to receive the pass from the CB then passing it first time, either left or right - has two good feet. 

- Looks to be quite quick over five or ten yards - useful for a CB, but vital for a 6. Does a nice job of filling in spaces.

I've only really watched his actions from the MLS Cup Final vs Portland and a few other bits, so it's not really enough to make any definitive statements, but he just looks like quite a solid, capable player with not many flaws. Which explains his versatility - I think you can plug him into a couple of different positions in different systems and still get solid performances out of him. Nice squad player to have.

2 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Just the 5m up front from Everton. Will need to sell more silver to keep the lights on.

Not a real surprise if that's the case as most transfer deals seem to be paid in installments these days.

Can't see it making a difference to Rangers finances regardless as it's still guaranteed money coming in.

9 hours ago, G51 said:

Giving him a quick look at the moment - more I see of him, the more I see why he makes sense at 6 instead of CB. 

- Played there during NYCFC's postseason run, which is probably when we were impressed with him.

- Seems capable but inconsistent in the air, which he'll get away with at 6 but won't at CB

- Is quite good at making himself available to receive the pass from the CB then passing it first time, either left or right - has two good feet. 

- Looks to be quite quick over five or ten yards - useful for a CB, but vital for a 6. Does a nice job of filling in spaces.

I've only really watched his actions from the MLS Cup Final vs Portland and a few other bits, so it's not really enough to make any definitive statements, but he just looks like quite a solid, capable player with not many flaws. Which explains his versatility - I think you can plug him into a couple of different positions in different systems and still get solid performances out of him. Nice squad player to have.

3421ADC3-C7F7-4FCF-A8D2-3CD1F50904FF.jpeg

38 minutes ago, ballymoneyyin said:

3421ADC3-C7F7-4FCF-A8D2-3CD1F50904FF.jpeg

Delighted to confirm there will be a "Da Amnesty" on Sands jokes for the 24hr period after he signs. Upon expiry of this amnesty, it will formally be considered bad patter.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Leon King tied down until 2024 after signing a new contract. It seemed like a few teams were rumoured to be sniffing about him so a good move by the club.

Moved into the first team squad as well. Stirling Albion potentially too soon?