Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

The Walter Smith tribute was very good on BBC.

How can you get Walter and Ally McCoist, probably two of the soundest c***s ever in Scottish Football that aren't bitter welts at all, just love football and love their football team (old or new) while the rest of you arseholes are bigoted bitter wanks that hate everyone, catholic or not?

A deal rising to £16m for Patterson is great business from Rangers. Can’t argue with a club record fee for fringe player and will wish him all the best.

His Rangers career looked to be finished before it had even began at one point so it’s quite the turnaround.

Hopefully Gio will get a few mill of that fee to spend in January. At least one centre back is an absolute must.

The price for failing to reach the CL proper, I guess.

Patterson will be incredible if he develops how everyone expects so you'd think Rangers would have put a sell on clause in there. 

15 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Will be interesting to see how much more we can get for Ramsay now.

It’s a tough time to be selling Ramsay right now, fresh off that injury. You don’t really get to control that though I guess

14 minutes ago, thepundit said:

A deal rising to £16m for Patterson is great business from Rangers. Can’t argue with a club record fee for fringe player and will wish him all the best.

His Rangers career looked to be finished before it had even began at one point so it’s quite the turnaround.

Hopefully Gio will get a few mill of that fee to spend in January. At least one centre back is an absolute must.

Yeah a centre back would be my go to . Could also be interesting to see if Gio has his eye on any potential  promising Dutch youth who would slot into that back up right back role Patterson was doing . Biggest compliment for Patterson is that After a few games I didn’t worry when he slotted in there whenever Tav was out for whatever reason. 

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

I have no idea what you are on about but charge on 

keep on sevcoing

As i have said mi amigo "there's none so blind . . . . . . ."

The only difference between Gretna and the old Rangers was circa £160 odd million.  Tax/NIC/Interest/Penalties as required by HMRC depending on the levels and degrees of "avoidance".

Gretna were correctly told to restart as a new entity in the Lowland League, as befalls any team who goes into Administration/Liquidation where there is no CVA to salvage the original company/business.  Unfortunately for them, they did not have the Doncaster/Regan partnership on their side to shoehorn them into one of the SPFL higher leagues at the cost of Spartans or another team who merited the promotion due to being     a) solvent and     b) having full audited accounts that met the "fair play" criteria.  

Only sayin', like. 

£9m plus add ons, being widely reported.

Not bad for a kid whos barely played senior football, but if it doesn't include a sell on clause then its too low for a 20yo International. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

13 minutes ago, G51 said:

It’s a tough time to be selling Ramsay right now, fresh off that injury. You don’t really get to control that though I guess

I'd usually agree but may be the prime time. I don't think there's much between the pair ability wise but Patterson obviously has the international caps.

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

Sky Sports reporting £12m with £4m in add ons. No mention of a sell on.

Heart & Hand reporting on Twitter there is a sell on %. 

Haven’t seen it reported elsewhere so will take it with pinch of salt for now.

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

ou arseholes are bigoted bitter wanks that hate everyone, catholic or not?

Ooooft - you almost made a good post.  Second only to your 'flag twirling diddies' one but then you dropped a bollock.

Then it all went wrong and you're no more than an ignorant, empty-headed diddy.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Aye, if the reported fees are to be believed then it’s not something we can turn down to be fair.

Well, you could play him and flog Tavernier for slightly less.  It seems like an awful lot of money, but he’s by far the best prospect your team has produced in quite some time.  

24 minutes ago, AJF said:

Sky Sports reporting £12m with £4m in add ons. No mention of a sell on.

Was just going of this tbf.

There simply has to be a sell on or Rangers have absolutely fucked it for a quick buck. The boy could easily be worth £30m in a few years if he progresses how everyone thinks.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Well, you could play him and flog Tavernier for slightly less.  It seems like an awful lot of money, but he’s by far the best prospect your team has produced in quite some time.  

That plan would be entirely reliant on a club being interested in buying Tavernier though.

We’ve probably thought that we have the opportunity to break our transfer record without actually weakening our starting 11. Without a doubt Patterson could become more valuable but I don’t think we are in a position to turn it down.

Edited by AJF

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was just going of this tbf.

There simply has to be a sell on or Rangers have absolutely fucked it for a quick buck. The boy could easily be worth £30m in a few years if he progresses how everyone thinks.

Aye, if we haven’t included a sell-on for a player so young then it’s a big issue. I’m fairly confident we will have, though.

40 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

As i have said mi amigo "there's none so blind . . . . . . ."

The only difference between Gretna and the old Rangers was circa £160 odd million.  Tax/NIC/Interest/Penalties as required by HMRC depending on the levels and degrees of "avoidance".

Gretna were correctly told to restart as a new entity in the Lowland League, as befalls any team who goes into Administration/Liquidation where there is no CVA to salvage the original company/business.  Unfortunately for them, they did not have the Doncaster/Regan partnership on their side to shoehorn them into one of the SPFL higher leagues at the cost of Spartans or another team who merited the promotion due to being     a) solvent and     b) having full audited accounts that met the "fair play" criteria.  

Only sayin', like. 

Sorry let me make myself clearer

I don’t care 

your time and effort is appreciated though 

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Ooooft - you almost made a good post.  Second only to your 'flag twirling diddies' one but then you dropped a bollock.

Then it all went wrong and you're no more than an ignorant, empty-headed diddy.

Settle pettle here's a photo of a decent dick for you to look at in bed. xx

R.201729807028ba2a93da539af63e6105?rik=r