Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

All these players getting touted for a move to Villa and not one mention of £20 million for Morelos [emoji23]

I wouldn’t be surprised if no one follows him down there as no doubt they are one of these forward thinking clubs that has a DoF that signs players for the head coach to coach.

I’m not a fan of that set up because if you are going to sack the manager for the team playing poorly, it’s should at least be his players he’s managing.

Graeme won't be coming to the rescue this time.

Lovely text from track and trace at 7:30 this morning wishing me Happy Birthday and confirming that I have COVID-19. Great timing. Hope to be feeling better soon. Thanks to everyone for their kind birthday wishes they are much appreciated

2 hours ago, steelmen said:

All these players getting touted for a move to Villa and not one mention of £20 million for Morelos emoji23.png

I wouldn’t be surprised if no one follows him down there as no doubt they are one of these forward thinking clubs that has a DoF that signs players for the head coach to coach.

I’m not a fan of that set up because if you are going to sack the manager for the team playing poorly, it’s should at least be his players he’s managing.

Morelos has been pretty poor recently. Certaintly not done enough to move at the moment.

5 hours ago, bennett said:

Rangers are meeting with Van Bronckhorst in London today, hopefully we get this sorted out quickly. 

Why do they meet in London?

PS - I don’t really get the back and forth around a players ability to play in the Premiership.

When people say Goldson could play in the EPL it doesn’t mean they are saying he is Thiago Silva. There are loads of players who have done average/poor in this league but been pretty solid down there and vice versa.

You could argue that, season to date, Shane Duffy is doing at least as well as Eduoard and who would’ve thought that bass on their respective careers in Scotland.

Edited by Sortmeout

4 hours ago, G51 said:

People realise the state of some EPL defences aye? Shane Duffy is tearing it up down there.

Goldson is easily good enough to play in the EPL and he’ll prove it next season.

You say Goldson would be good in the EPL because Duffy had one poor season in Scotland under Lennon?

Do you think Mohsni is Barclays quality?

On 11/11/2021 at 20:56, Meldrew said:

at no time in the last 30 years have Villa averaged a 40,000 gate

of course he didnt make a mistake, Stamford Bridge or Fir Park ? Old Trafford or whatever ever the f**k Love St was replaced with, taking your team to Liverpool or Livingston ?

Villa had an average attendance of 41,000 which was higher than Chelsea pre covid.  They have also submitted plans to increase the capacity from 42k to 62k 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

He's even took Castore with him😁

Aston Villa will be Castore's third Premier League team starting next season. [@Footy_Headlines] #avfc

Share this Tweet

Christ, Castore have been doing alright for a bunch of garage-dwelling crooks. Makes you wonder how much you could achieve if you didn't fritter away your time on things like P&B.

Edited by The Other Foot

20 minutes ago, WHU said:

Villa had an average attendance of 41,000 which was higher than Chelsea pre covid.  They have also submitted plans to increase the capacity from 42k to 62k 

@Small Bovine Maisonette will have to have another name change to 'small bovine mansion' then.

6 hours ago, Meldrew said:

Trav ? do you mean Tav ?   Matty Cash is a far better player, i don't think he'll come for anyone, if he's got money to spend, which he probably does, he's not buying a championship player who looks good in this tinpot league.

OK this may have side tracked from my main point.

I don't care about Tav/Trav if he goes to Villa or if he's good enough for the EPL.

My focus is on Patterson, as a Scotland fan. I want him playing week in week out. Would Rangers loan him out in January? Pretty sure most SPFL prem teams would have him in their starting 11. 

12 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

OK this may have side tracked from my main point.

I don't care about Tav/Trav if he goes to Villa or if he's good enough for the EPL.

My focus is on Patterson, as a Scotland fan. I want him playing week in week out. Would Rangers loan him out in January? Pretty sure most SPFL prem teams would have him in their starting 11. 

who's patterson ?

edit :- oh the young rangers lad, yeah sevco fans have big hopes for him.

Edited by Meldrew

58 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Would Rangers loan him out in January? Pretty sure most SPFL prem teams would have him in their starting 11. 

Still amazes me I brought him up about coming to Dens on loan and was hugely excited by it in the Championship last January and was criticised because nobody had ever heard of him. 

We ended up continuing with Christie Elliot and Cammy Kerr. A year older and numerous more appearances under their belts and they're both still absolutely murder in comparison. 

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Pretty sure most SPFL prem teams would have him in their starting 11. 

I'd be pretty sure a lot have enquired and been told no.

It will be a tough decision for the new Sevco boss to make. I know a lot of people don’t rate Tavernier that highly but he is still a very good RB at this level and the current captain of course vs probably their next biggest asset coming through in Paterson.

Gerrard had built enough goodwill of course that the fans were quite happy to go along with whoever he decided to play but for the next manager it might not be that easy.

Here's yer Daily Record:

Giovanni van Bronckhorst is a step closer to landing the Rangers job after a whirlwind day of talks with Ibrox chiefs in London.

The former Light Blues fans’ favourite jetted in to Britain yesterday morning to sit down with a Gers delegation led by director of football Ross Wilson as they ramped up the move to replace departed boss Steven Gerrard.

MailSport understands the discussions were productive with Van Bronckhorst making no secret of his desire to return to the club as manager and is also on board with the club’s vision for the future.

The former Feyenoord manager – who also starred for Barcelona and Arsenal – flew back to Holland last night as Ibrox bosses are also in dialogue with representatives of former Chelsea boss Frank Lampard.

Gers are also considering another candidate – understood to be Bodo/Glimt boss Kjetil Knutsen – while Rino Gattuso’s camp have informed his old club the timing is not right for him.

But Van Bronckhorst is viewed as the main man for the position and a deal could be rubber stamped in the next 24 hours.

Ibrox chiefs want the new manager in the door early this week with a view to being in the Hampden dugout for Sunday’s Premier Sports Cup semi-final with Hibs.

The path is clear for Van Bronckhorst after assurances were given he could assemble his own backroom team – and would be given backing from the Gers board.

The last time I saw wee Gio play for us was vs Parma in 1999 when he skied one over the bar - towards the end of the game - when scoring looked easier.

Still, I'll forgive him if he rejoins us in the coming week.