Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

9 minutes ago, Ric said:

I've posted it in here but I very much doubt it's football related despite the tops they are wearing.

The guy hit looks about early twenties and it doesn't seem like they had an argument or anything. He has know idea the scumbag is about to do that.

1 hour ago, DMCs said:

The guy hit looks about early twenties and it doesn't seem like they had an argument or anything. He has know idea the scumbag is about to do that.

Hard to tell what role the guy talking to they young guy hit with the glass is in relation to the inciden . Thought it might have been the boys mate trying to get him away from a situation but He doesn't seem to react in panic or anger when then boy is hit which you would usually associate with someone who has just seen their pal hit with a glass in the face 

Although this is only a few seconds clip so who knows what took place after it 

Edited by Forever_blueco

2 hours ago, Orbix said:

Feels like the board and scouting department are getting shit for doing their deals early and not panic buying.

Thankfully, our goalkeeping situation is currently really strong. We've got the American lad in as the youth player, McCrorie is stepping up, and McLaughlin and McGregor are both in the top 5 goalkeepers in the country, and happy to swap around.

In defence, we've got Tav and Patterson, Borna and Bassey, and three established centre backs. Youth players being blooded as needed.

This season - 

Midfield, they've brought in;

Ofoborh 

Lundstram

Bacuna

McCann

Attack, they've brought in;

Sakala 

Alegria

Hard to see that as standing still. Lots of young talent, lots of looking to bring in younger replacements to suit the system. Obviously Ofoborh is a blow, but given the work done with Goldson, hopefully only a temporary one. The only player who's really had a shot is Lundstram, and after a shaky start I thought he did the job he had to on Sunday really well. More importantly, and for the long term sustainability of the club, those 6 cost about £6m? 

Yeah, I definitely think our squad depth has been strengthened during the window, maybe not so much the first team but I think we're yet to see the best of Lundstram and Sakala while Bacuna is a bit unknown.

If we look at each position and the realistic first team options available (when fit) then on paper it is a strong squad:

Keepers: McGregor, McLaughlin, McCrorie

Full Backs: Tavernier & Patterson, Barisic & Bassey

Centre Backs: Goldson, Helander, Balogun, Simpson

Midfielders: Jack, Davis, Kamara, Lundstram, Bacuna, Arfield

Playmakers: Aribo, Hagi

Wingers & Forwards: Wright, Kent, Roofe, Sakala, Morelos

Edited by AJF

I think for all the talk of them being Academy signings, Alegria and McCann will both get run outs before November, and be in squads consistently as well. Kelly to come in and bring Davis' gametime down to 70/80 minutes in the league also.

The really encouraging thing is that we could start a League Cup game with a squad with an average age of 24

McCrorie (23)

Patterson (19)     Goldson (28)              Simpson (24)             Bassey (21)

Aribo (25)        Bacuna (24)          Kamara (25)

Hagi (22)       Sakala (24)        Kent (25)

Which seems pretty much perfect in terms of planning for the future and bringing through the next cycle of the squad.

19 hours ago, Ric said:

II've posted it in here but I very much doubt it's football related despite the tops they are wearing.

Not sure how It can be football related.

It’s the lane between La Fiorentina and the viceroy, about a 5 min walk from ibrox.

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

It’s the lane between La Fiorentina and the viceroy, about a 5 min walk from ibrox.

Indeed it is, there was no details in the Reddit post but a quick shufty on Google Street View shows it's definitely that lane (Toll Lane if you are wondering).

As for it not being about football, we just don't know. They have tops on, but considering that part of town that's not an unusual case.

IMG_1630584159.033264.jpg

At first I was thinking “fair play” to Rangers for taking action and banning these bigots. I’m disappointed, however, to see the old ‘fans’ trope being rolled out again. It minimises any responsibility of the club and claims that any racist/bigot etc isn’t a true Rangers fan, when the likelihood is they’re about as big a Rangers fan you’ll ever meet in that they’ve been to 100s of games over the years and are well informed in fans’ groups. After all, wasn’t it the Unions Bears who were recorded singing that shite?

Rangers are far from the only from the only perpetrators of this, but it’s about time clubs take a bit of responsibility and acknowledge that these arseholes are indeed supporters of their club. Just because you don’t want to be associated with them, doesn’t mean they’re not a representation of your club.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

At first I was thinking “fair play” to Rangers for taking action and banning these bigots. I’m disappointed, however, to see the old ‘fans’ trope being rolled out again. It minimises any responsibility of the club and claims that any racist/bigot etc isn’t a true Rangers fan, when the likelihood is they’re about as big a Rangers fan you’ll ever meet in that they’ve been to 100s of games over the years and are well informed in fans’ groups. After all, wasn’t it the Unions Bears who were recorded singing that shite?

Rangers are far from the only from the only perpetrators of this, but it’s about time clubs take a bit of responsibility and acknowledge that these arseholes are indeed supporters of their club. Just because you don’t want to be associated with them, doesn’t mean they’re not a representation of your club.

Let’s be honest, if it wasn’t for that video going viral the police would have done nothing, and if the police didn’t do anything RFC wouldn’t have either 

They’ve both been forced to act due to public pressure, nothing more 

On 31/08/2021 at 15:06, AJF said:

Confirmation that Itten has joined Greuther Furth on loan in the Bundesliga. Hasn't really worked for him at Rangers as yet - hopefully this will give him much needed game time but I just don't think he fits well into our style of play.

The Dons will be keeping an eye on this one...

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Simmer down.  The clear intent is to say that unacceptable behaviour precludes you from being considered a fan.  A subtle distinction but an important one.

On 31/08/2021 at 10:17, Jinky67 said:

Says the guy steaming into the conversation and instead of acknowledging the earlier point decides to get up to his knees in whataboutery.

Makes a change from "blood", I suppose...

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Let’s be honest, if it wasn’t for that video going viral the police would have done nothing, and if the police didn’t do anything RFC wouldn’t have either 

Club don't do anything: 'Asleep at the wheel, obviously they don't care about the issue
Club ban fans indefinitely: 'Aye but they don't really care'

What a fucking genius act that is.

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

If the video hadn’t gone viral and in the public domain how the f**k would rangers have known anything about it to do anything ? Your point makes no sense 

4 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

If the video hadn’t gone viral and in the public domain how the f**k would rangers have known anything about it to do anything ? Your point makes no sense 

They were singing it during the game. 

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

they’ve been forced to act so they can say “we’re doing our best to stop it”.  they know that there will come a time when the authorities get sick of it all.sevco will get the blame and will be punished for their fans behaviour either inside or outside the stadium.

6 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

No they weren’t 

unless the game took place under central station bridge 

They actually were, I remember discussing it with a mate, as it was happening.  

unless my audio during the game came from under central station bridge.