Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Confirmation that Itten has joined Greuther Furth on loan in the Bundesliga. Hasn't really worked for him at Rangers as yet - hopefully this will give him much needed game time but I just don't think he fits well into our style of play.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Confirmation that Itten has joined Greuther Furth on loan in the Bundesliga. Hasn't really worked for him at Rangers as yet - hopefully this will give him much needed game time but I just don't think he fits well into our style of play.

Buy option as well. Think we might be hoping to cut our losses on him.

7 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Celtic and Rangers fans arguing who are the biggest bigots, you're both a stain on scottish society encouraging backwards views and sectarianism.

I reckon that most OF fans are not bigoted lunatics. My dad's side of the family are all Rangers fans, and my late uncle was an Ibrox season ticket holder. He was never a bigot. Mum's side of the family are all Celtic fans, and likewise they support the team but don't delve into any of the nonsense.

That said, I know of a few people where I used to live that went headlong into it on a OF match weekend. One boy played the Sash on a loop until the police would show up at his door. So many other examples, but I reckon these folk are in the minority.

The real issue for me is that you get fans from towns and cities across Scotland who should support their local team but end up glory hunting. 

8 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Well, I wasn't expecting Ronaldo or Messi, but I thought we might bring in a bit of a name before the window closes. Just over an hour to go... 

Not sure we are quite strong enough up front. 

If St Johnstone are genuinely selling McCann for only £1m then we should have asked the question. I feel bad for them that's a poor deal.

I don’t wish to be negative but it’s been a bit of an underwhelming window for Rangers to be honest. 

Good to keep all of our main players but it’s seems like we’ve stood still, at best.

I maybe got too used to the excitement of our annual rebuilds but then again they’re only required in times of failure.

10 hours ago, thepundit said:

I don’t wish to be negative but it’s been a bit of an underwhelming window for Rangers to be honest. 

Good to keep all of our main players but it’s seems like we’ve stood still, at best.

I maybe got too used to the excitement of our annual rebuilds but then again they’re only required in times of failure.

Feels like the board and scouting department are getting shit for doing their deals early and not panic buying.

Thankfully, our goalkeeping situation is currently really strong. We've got the American lad in as the youth player, McCrorie is stepping up, and McLaughlin and McGregor are both in the top 5 goalkeepers in the country, and happy to swap around.

In defence, we've got Tav and Patterson, Borna and Bassey, and three established centre backs. Youth players being blooded as needed.

This season - 

Midfield, they've brought in;

Ofoborh 

Lundstram

Bacuna

McCann

Attack, they've brought in;

Sakala 

Alegria

Hard to see that as standing still. Lots of young talent, lots of looking to bring in younger replacements to suit the system. Obviously Ofoborh is a blow, but given the work done with Goldson, hopefully only a temporary one. The only player who's really had a shot is Lundstram, and after a shaky start I thought he did the job he had to on Sunday really well. More importantly, and for the long term sustainability of the club, those 6 cost about £6m? 

17 minutes ago, Ric said:

Forgive me if this has been posted, there are several places this can go..

I've seen the video but I don't think it's been posted on here. I really hope that another camera has seen the rat as the quality of the video makes it hard to capture his exact facial features.

2 minutes ago, DMCs said:

I've seen the video but I don't think it's been posted on here. I really hope that another camera has seen the rat as the quality of the video makes it hard to capture his exact facial features.

I've nothing more than the thread, there are no details so I've no idea where it is or if the lad was caught. The fact he's carrying a pint suggests it's a "beer garden" or what in Covid times counts as one, and if they have cameras there you'd expect them to have cameras elsewhere.

I've posted it in here but I very much doubt it's football related despite the tops they are wearing.