Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

27 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

You know this is a lie.

Is it? As pointed out above, many of our former players and managers have been branded "Orange b*****ds" with no basis of them being a member of the Orange Order.

Similarly, while a large percentage of Rangers fans may be Protestant, only a fraction of them will be a member of the Orange Order (using quick google maths, only approximately 0.9% of Scotland's population will be a member of the Orange Order) . So, it begs the question why they would all be branded "Orange b*****ds" if they are not representatively members of the Orange Order.

Additionally, Nil By Mouth, Scotland's leading anti-sectarianism charity recognises terms such as "Orange b*****ds" as sectarian and specifically includes this as an example of sectarianism against Protestants or those perceived to be Protestants.

In the same argument, the word F*nian has been determined as sectarian when used in an abusive manner against Catholics or those perceived to Catholics, would you agree? Now, the word F*nian refers to the F*nian and Irish Republican Brotherhood. Now, I think it would be safe to assume that when someone is branded a F*nian b*****d, it is not abusing their perceived membership of the F*nian or Irish Republican Brotherhood, it is abusing their perceived Catholic religion.

It is the exact same for the term "Orange b*****ds".

Edited by AJF

7 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Glad we agree

Hopefully you’ll stop peddling the lie now. 

So does the term F*enian b*****d only insult perceived members of the F*nian and Irish Republican Brotherhood? Or does it also insult those perceived to be Catholics?

1 minute ago, AJF said:

So does the term F*enian b*****d only insult perceived members of the F*nian and Irish Republican Brotherhood? Or does it also insult those perceived to be Catholics?

When Sevco fans sing it are they only attempting to insult perceived members of the ****** and Irish Republican Brotherhood? Or do they do it to insult those perceived to be Catholics?

3 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

When Sevco fans sing it are they only attempting to insult perceived members of the ****** and Irish Republican Brotherhood? Or do they do it to insult those perceived to be Catholics?

They are attempting to insult those they perceive to be Catholics, which is exactly my point. It is the exact same for the term "Orange b*****ds".

Are we to genuinely believe that our players, managers and fans over the years have been branded "Orange b*****ds" because they are perceived to be a member of the Orange Order? No, they are perceived to be Protestant.

Edited by AJF

56 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Lash out all you want 

your justifying of the term is utter nonsense 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

That doesn’t make it right or justifiable either for people to sing these songs

So when i say it’s not right or justifiable that’s me justifying it is it? 😂

So there is no lashing out here more a pointing out that whenever your fans are called out for anti-catholic or racist behaviour your default go to is “what about celtic” and completely avoid calling it out for what it is

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

Don’t think it insults anyone, Celtic fans regularly use the term f****n to describe  ourselves. 

Edited by Drew Brees

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m not getting involved in your whataboutery to justify the lie 

I will say, in my own experience people who push this lie and usually the type that are upset they can’t openly use anti catholic/ Irish slurs anymore 

So they manufactured this grievance based on a lie as a way to get back at they pesky Catholics 

Hoping people will equate the H word with the F word, when in reality it’s a totally false equivalence 

Edit: So when I see anyone pushing it, I can’t help but think that’s the motivation behind it 

Edited by Clown Job

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

So when i say it’s not right or justifiable that’s me justifying it is it? 😂

So there is no lashing out here more a pointing out that whenever your fans are called out for anti-catholic or racist behaviour your default go to is “what about celtic” and completely avoid calling it out for what it is

Yeah the irony of your “no justification “ ending was that you just spent about 3 paragraphs before it justifying it 

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I will say, in my own experience people who push this lie and usually the type that are upset they can’t openly use anti catholic/ Irish slurs anymore 

So they manufactured this grievance based on a lie as a way to get back at they pesky Catholics 

Hoping people will equate the H word with the F word, when in reality it’s a totally false equivalence 

Edit: So when I see anyone pushing it, I can’t help but think that’s the motivation behind it 

Explain “KAH” graffiti in republican areas of Northern Ireland and fell me how it isn’t comparable to anything on the other side 

Just now, Forever_blueco said:

Explain “KAH” graffiti in republican areas of Northern Ireland and fell me how it isn’t comparable to anything on the other side 

I don’t live in Northern Ireland, never stepped foot in the place. 

No idea why you’d expect me to answer a question about another country, although from what I’ve read NI treatment of Catholics isn’t something to look fondly upon 

Cheers for helping me solidify my opinion though.

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I've not got involved in whataboutery at all. The discussion had already begun on the use of the term by Celtic fans, I just added my opinion to it.

You don't want to get involved with the points I've raised because there are clear similarities between Rangers fans using the term "F*nian b*****ds" and Celtic fans using the term "Orange b*****ds".

You may not agree that the term applies to Protestants, but I've provided you with my reasoning and sources as to why I disagree with you.

In addition to whether you believe it applies to all Protestants or just the Orange Order, then it would still be a sectarian insult in either use.

And you can think what you want about the motivations of discussing it, but you're mistaken.

Just now, Clown Job said:

I don’t live in Northern Ireland, never stepped foot in the place. 

No idea why you’d expect me to answer a question about another country, although from what I’ve read NI treatment of Catholics isn’t something to look fondly upon 

Cheers for helping me solidify my opinion though.

I mean it pops up on walls here too 

mostly by groups who are supportive of militant Irish republicanism so you can see why it’s not hard to link it all up 

Just now, Forever_blueco said:

I mean it pops up on walls here too 

mostly by groups who are supportive of militant Irish republicanism so you can see why it’s not hard to link it all up 

I’m sorry it’s not acceptable to use anti catholic or Irish slurs anymore.

You'll learn to live with it I hope 

1 minute ago, AJF said:

In addition to whether you believe it applies to all Protestants or just the Orange Order, then it would still be a sectarian insult in either use.

Again can I ask then, can you be sectarian against an openly sectarian organisation??