Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

8 minutes ago, Orbix said:

So the new signings to date are;

Jack Simpson - CB - 24 - U21 caps

Nnamdi Ofoborh - MF - 21 - U20 caps

Fashion Sakala - FW - 24 - Full caps

Anywhere people think they’ll be looking to strengthen? Seem fairly strong with cover across defence now. Midfield maybe the weakest area, but Jack coming back makes up for some of that maybe?

Centre midfielder is the priority for me.

Some rumours that we are in for Zinedine Ferhat of Nimes. 28 year old right winger or attacking midfielder so perhaps we will be making more signings than I would have guessed.

25 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

How The League Was Won now on iPlayer.  This is what we Brits pay our license fee for:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000w91r/rangers-how-the-league-was-won

Well worth the watch. A shame they don't have the rights to any European highlight clips. Made me want to watch those Antwerp games again.

40 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Well worth the watch. A shame they don't have the rights to any European highlight clips. Made me want to watch those Antwerp games again.

Just finished watching it and a pretty fair reprise of our season even if it was a bit light in certain areas - such as Big Buff moving from goal scorer to goal provider - one of the key changes to our team.

Now it's likely to be a one-off but if I had to choose a title for that vid it'd be something like:  The Year Rangers Made Football Look Easy as that is exactly what we did.

Agreed on the European stuff.  We played some delightful football with some stonking goals.

Season 21/22 is coming soon - and I can't wait - but it will take one hell of an effort to come anywhere close to what we've watched this year.

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Season 21/22 is coming soon - and I can't wait - but it will take one hell of an effort to come anywhere close to what we've watched this year.

In terms of points totals and league domination you're exactly right. I think we will be favourites for the league but in terms of expectations I'll be taking it one month at a time.

The first time that Champions League music plays at a (hopefully full!) Ibrox is going be an emotional moment. Just two months to wait!

I see Wolves have announced that Castore are their new kit supplier. I'm hoping this, coupled with the fact we are into our second year, will mean some of the issues we faced around demand and outsourcing will be rectified now that they appear to be expanding.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I see Wolves have announced that Castore are their new kit supplier. I'm hoping this, coupled with the fact we are into our second year, will mean some of the issues we faced around demand and outsourcing will be rectified now that they appear to be expanding.

You mean castore will take it seriously now they have a big club onboard? 

5 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Wee frankthechicken seems to have a bit of fire in him/her sbout the dots. A roast chicken if you like.

You and Ben almost certainly get it worse than me but I get red dots from all sorts of daft diddies that I've never interacted with and wee frank chickenshit is the latest in a long line of them.

Gladly the cross-eyed bear for being a Ger 😎

4 hours ago, DMCs said:

In terms of points totals and league domination you're exactly right. I think we will be favourites for the league but in terms of expectations I'll be taking it one month at a time.

The first time that Champions League music plays at a (hopefully full!) Ibrox is going be an emotional moment. Just two months to wait!

I updated the Gers in Europe thread title last week and felt a bit emotional.  Cannae beat a packed Ibrox and this:

I had the worst luck with Champions League games. Most memorable being Unirea Urziceni pumping us with 4 goals and Jerome Rothen getting the worst half time reception I've ever heard and was it Sevilla that also did us by four goals? I remember leaving early and missing Novo's consolation goal, only game I ever left early. 

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

I had the worst luck with Champions League games. Most memorable being Unirea Urziceni pumping us with 4 goals and Jerome Rothen getting the worst half time reception I've ever heard and was it Sevilla that also did us by four goals? I remember leaving early and missing Novo's consolation goal, only game I ever left early. 

Nae luck, mate, though Rothen did live up to his name.

My worst European memory was in 1969 when we went from Motherwell in my uncle's Vauxhall Viva to watch us against Gornik.  3-1 down from the first leg and His Slimness scored early to give us hope.  That only angered wur big Polish pals and Lubanski gave us a footballing lesson in the second half and we, again, lost by the same score.  Hence the Glesga patter of "What's Davie White's phone number?"

Better days ahead.  Systematically dismantling Bayern Munich in 1972 and seeing Kaiser Beckenbauer come within a baw hair of having a square go with his own team mates is probably the greatest achievement of any Scottish team in Europe.  Ever!

12 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

what a shock 

no criminality found in our players heartwarming rendition of sweet Caroline 

It’s not surprising and it’s ridiculous it got as far as the police getting involved. Some people have been left looking very foolish. 

18 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

what a shock 

no criminality found in our players heartwarming rendition of sweet Caroline 

Wait. This can't possibly be correct. 

Were they aware that some of the players did the fingers? This information must have been withheld for them to come to such a decision. 

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I await at least one of the green and grey stating,  "Even if they can't prove who did it someone must have" - such is the state of thinking among the mutton-heads who pollute our threads.

Someone must have at least been thinking it in that room