Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

It would’ve at least meant that there were 10,000 less fans out drinking in the streets.

I don’t think it would’ve stopped others turning up but the numbers would’ve been significantly reduced.

I don’t think it was that bizarre a request when the restrictions preventing fans attending stadiums was due to cease a mere 48 hours after the game and it was requested on the back of the announcement that 12,000 fans would be attending Euro games.

I think it at least shows Rangers attempted to look for solutions that would limit fans gathering, given that it is literally stated in Robertson’s email that was the reason for their request.

Why would they have been reduced?

We have been told time and time again those fuckwits that turned up weren't real fans and can assume many of them weren't season ticket holders. Which means the ones that were had a 1 in 5 chance of being selected to be there on trophy day.

So you still have thousands of them who wouldn't have been in the ground as they weren't selected or don't own ST's still turn up anyway. Their numbers would then be swelled after the game by the 10k in the stadium of which it is safe to assume quite a few would join the numbers outside and the scenes seen at George sq still happen

This is about ego and being able to win and parade the trophy in front of fans and not a lot to do with public health

Edited by Jinky67

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Why would they have been reduced?

We have been told time and time again those fuckwits that turned up weren't real fans and can assume many of them weren't season ticket holders. Which means the ones that were had a 1 in 5 chance of being there on trophy day.

Say you still have thousands of them who wouldn't have been in the ground as they weren't selected or don't own ST's still turn up. Their numbers would then be swelled after the game by the 10k in the stadium of which is safe to assume quite a few would join the numbers outside.

This is about ego not public health

Nobody knows how many attended were season ticket holders so I take your point, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest the numbers there that day would’ve been lower had up to 40,000 season ticket holders been offered the chance to go to Ibrox over the course of the 4 day proposal.

I don’t think the SG were particularly wrong for refusing it, I think it’s more to do with the fact that folk have been criticising Rangers for not taking steps to limit the number of fans turning up when this suggests otherwise.

The response from the Scottish Government even goes as far as praising Rangers for reinforcing the stay at home message.

Edited by AJF

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don’t think the SG were particularly wrong for refusing it, I think it’s more to do with the fact that folk have been criticising Rangers for not taking steps to limit the number of fans turning up when this suggests otherwise.

Bollocks. Rangers knew it would be refused. It had to be refused. There's a pandemic on.  You can't have one rule for Rangers just because most of their fans are knuckle-draggers.

This was just PR and risible PR at that.

Edited by Mr Heliums

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Nobody knows how many attended were season ticket holders, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest the numbers there that day would’ve been lower had up to 40,000 season ticket holders been offered the chance to go to Ibrox over the course of the 4 day proposal.

The response from the Scottish Government even goes as far as praising Rangers for reinforcing the stay at home message.

it wouldnt have made a blind bit of difference.

• The arseholes who dont own season tickets still turn up because they are arseholes
  • The arseholes who have season tickets but werent selected still turn up as they are arseholes and want to party with the rest of the arseholes
  • And finally the arseholes who were selected are still arseholes and now buoyed by the full experience join arsehole pots 1&2 to George Square

Why? Because they are arseholes and they wanted to be in George Square to say GIRFUY to everyone and nothing would have changed that

Edited by Jinky67

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

It would’ve at least meant that there were 10,000 less fans out drinking in the streets.

I don’t think it would’ve stopped others turning up but the numbers would’ve been significantly reduced.

I don’t think it was that bizarre a request when the restrictions preventing fans attending stadiums was due to cease a mere 48 hours after the game and it was requested on the back of the announcement that 12,000 fans would be attending Euro games.

I think it at least shows Rangers attempted to look for solutions that would limit fans gathering, given that it is literally stated in Robertson’s email that was the reason for their request.

Would these 10,000 have snapped their fingers and ended up back in their house afterwards?

The **** from my work are adamant none of those causing bother are season ticket holders anyway. I'd imagine they'd be the ones who got access to this event.

The usual shifting of the goalposts.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Would these 10,000 have snapped their fingers and ended up back in their house afterwards?

The **** from my work are adamant none of those causing bother are season ticket holders anyway. I'd imagine they'd be the ones who got access to this event.

Takes the moral high ground while using a sectarian phrase.

1 minute ago, Mr Heliums said:

Bollocks. Rangers knew it would be refused. It had to be refused. There's a pandemic on.  You can't have one rule for Rangers just because most of their fans are knuckle-draggers.

Fans would’ve (theoretically) been allowed in the stadium had the fixture been scheduled 2 days later. I don’t think it was an unreasonable request in a bid to limit large crowds gathering.

People have said Rangers should’ve done more but haven’t said what feasibly could’ve been done. This shows they at least made an effort.

13 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

You can't have one rule for Rangers just because most of their fans are knuckle-draggers.

To be fair the head of our governing body wanted just that 9 years ago, precisely because most of their fans are knuckle-draggers .

Edited by ribzanelli

3 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

" There's a pandemic on"

Screenshot-2021-03-01-at-11.55.39.png?st

Did the virus take a wee holiday when St Johnstone fans were gathering to celebrate.....

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

No, but they would’ve spent an extended period of time in the stadium without alcohol which is likely the single biggest contributing factor to the trouble that we seen.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

No, but they would’ve spent an extended period of time in the stadium without alcohol which is likely the single biggest contributing factor to the trouble that we seen.

Ffs....🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Mate, they're drinking alcohol in the street. 

10 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

There is a least one of them who wouldn't be snapping his fingers

Just now, Merkland Red said:

Mate, they're drinking alcohol in the street. 

Yes, but the fans in the stadium wouldn’t be. I was replying to your point about 10,000 folk heading into the city centre after the game. Aye they could’ve, but they’d have been significantly less inebriated.

Again, I’m not sure what people expect that Rangers could’ve done to stop fans gathering. This was a response to that to show they at least explored possible avenues.

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

" There's a pandemic on"

Screenshot-2021-03-01-at-11.55.39.png?st

Did the virus take a wee holiday when St Johnstone fans were gathering to celebrate.....

What on earth is your point? Show me a post where I tried to deflect any criticism of that.

Rangers fans seem to have an absolute head-lock on whataboutery.

Edited by Mr Heliums