Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

7 hours ago, gannonball said:

Paramedic couldn’t handle them winning the league imo.

*Posts some picture of a player celebrating*

I  know a police officer whose mouth was all bashed in by a bottle.

Even as he was being put in the ambulance, with blood gushing from his face, he says that Rangers fans were attempting to punch and kick at him.  His female colleague was being stamped on at the time and has spinal injuries.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Even as he was being put in the ambulance, with blood gushing from his face, he says that Rangers fans were attempting to punch and kick at him.  His female colleague was being stamped on at the time and has spinal injuries.

That's absolutely insane. Stamping on anyone is scum behaviour but honestly what goes through your mind to stamp on a random female. Hopefully they catch whoevers involved and  get decent custodial sentences.

22 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Actually, I've enjoyed some of your posts and think you are quite balanced, I actually agreed with your stance a month or so ago arguing against Rangers fans that didn't consider Aberdeen as a rivalry and it's always in good humorous spirit...

...So this might actually be worse for you but you're allowed the pass as you're probably my favourite Aberdeen fan. 

That has annoyed me. Well played. 

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

I guess Rangers have leaked that to try and move the blame to the government?

20 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This just sounds like salty tears I'm afraid. Stop joining in the pile on.

Just now, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

This just sounds like salty tears I'm afraid. Stop joining in the pile on.

Could've been avoided if they'd just opened up the gates to Ibrox and let everyone in IMO.

Government brought this on themselves by not treating Rangers fans differently to everyone else.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I guess Rangers have leaked that to try and move the blame to the government?

I’m assuming it’s more in response to the people claiming the club could’ve and should’ve done more to prevent the fans from gathering.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Could've been avoided if they'd just opened up the gates to Ibrox and let everyone in IMO.

Government brought this on themselves by not treating Rangers fans differently to everyone else.

I don't see anything wrong with their request tbh. 10,000 a day over 4 days, seems entirely reasonable while the Scottish Cup final is played in front of zero fans.

It is Rangers after all.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m assuming it’s more in response to the people claiming the club could’ve and should’ve done more to prevent the fans from gathering.

Tbf asking for fans to gather inside the ground would certainly prevent them gathering outside.

I'm sure the other fans who weren't part of the lucky 10,000 would all have just sit in the living rooms too, for some unknown reason, because some fans were getting in.

It's a bizarre request to make, that has zero logic behind it and clearly wouldn't have been authorised considering clubs have barely been 1000 in their stadiums for well over 12 months. Rangers could do almost nothing to prevent fans gathering IMO, but this isn't proof they tried at all.

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

10'000 people can't gather in a stadium. Bit daft asking really.

Unless they wanted special treatment or they knew what would happen 

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Of the 15,000 zombies who invaded George Square how many do we think are Rangers season ticket holders? 

I already posted anecdotally that two people I know went up from Edinburgh and they told me they had stopped supporting Rangers about 4 or 5 years ago... 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf asking for fans to gather inside the ground would certainly prevent them gathering outside.

I'm sure the other fans who weren't part of the lucky 10,000 would all have just sit in the living rooms too, for some unknown reason, because some fans were getting in.

It's a bizarre request to make, that has zero logic behind it and clearly wouldn't have been authorised considering clubs have barely been 1000 in their stadiums for well over 12 months. Rangers could do almost nothing to prevent fans gathering IMO, but this isn't proof they tried at all.

It would’ve at least meant that there were 10,000 less fans out drinking in the streets.

I don’t think it would’ve stopped others turning up but the numbers would’ve been significantly reduced.

I don’t think it was that bizarre a request when the restrictions preventing fans attending stadiums was due to cease a mere 48 hours after the game and it was requested on the back of the announcement that 12,000 fans would be attending Euro games.

I think it at least shows Rangers attempted to look for solutions that would limit fans gathering, given that it is literally stated in Robertson’s email that was the reason for their request.

15 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I don't see anything wrong with their request tbh. 10,000 a day over 4 days, seems entirely reasonable while the Scottish Cup final is played in front of zero fans.

It is Rangers after all.

Aye, and most folk have absolutely lambasted the decision not to allow fans into the Scottish Cup final. Many others also laughed at the derisory number of 600 when it was originally thought fans could get in.