Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 minute ago, AJF said:

It came about as a result of the song Rangers fans used to sing about him:

”He dives to the left, he dives to the right, Alan McGregor shags ten birds a night”.

Folk believing it has anything to do with any alleged sex offence are clutching.

TBF I can't remember hearing it until after he was accused of rape, back in 2010.

It came about as a result of the song Rangers fans used to sing about him:
”He dives to the left, he dives to the right, Alan McGregor shags ten birds a night”.
Folk believing it has anything to do with any alleged sex offence are clutching.
I'm not disputing that, just a bit tasteless to be calling an alleged sex offender shagger.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Thanks for that, it took me literally 30 seconds to find this on the same site:

"We as Rangers fans need to be on our best behaviour, whether we like it or not, because of the extent to which we are hated and the determination of the people who hate us to spin everything into a narrative against us. It comes with being the biggest club in Scotland, and with being seen as a club with a unionist fanbase in a political climate dominated by Scottish nationalists.

We represent Rangers as fans and need to act accordingly. None of us are individually responsible for the actions of a few morons but as a fanbase it always does well to remember Bill Struth and the standards he set."

What a dignified chap! Though I'm unsure if I'd take boating lessons from Bill Struth. 🚣‍♀️☠️

I get that you're not calling him shagger because of the rape allegation.

But surely that would be enough to stop calling him it? Because of the inevitable conclusions people will jump to, if not for any other reasons.

Complete and utter ‘yer da’ post coming up..

Why the fcuk are people filming the players celebrating, if your lucky enough to be invited to the party join in and have a bit of fun.

Really boils my piss when you see folks first reaction nowadays is to whip their phone out. Live in the moment and enjoy it.
Absolutely.

Like that video of the nugget celebrating the Chelsea equaliser that got disallowed. Never mind VAR, what was he doing filming?

3 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I get that you're not calling him shagger because of the rape allegation.

But surely that would be enough to stop calling him it? Because of the inevitable conclusions people will jump to, if not for any other reasons.

That’s a fair point which I don’t necessarily disagree with, but it’s also a different point to the one I was arguing against - which was people suggesting he was called Shagger due to the allegations.

We also need to remember that it was allegations - he was not charged and was cleared of any wrong doing.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

That’s a fair point which I don’t necessarily disagree with, but it’s also a different point to the one I was arguing against - which was people suggesting he was called Shagger due to the allegations.

We also need to remember that it was allegations - he was not charged and was cleared of any wrong doing.

We know...

I see that The PFA have put together their team of the season - which is basically us augmented by Ajer, Turnbull and Eduard:

Edouard is fair enough but Ajer is a joke - we'd have shipped more goals had we played him in place of Helander.  As for Turnbull?  Definitely got promise but needs to play in a better team.  Plus he didn't have a better season than Aribo.

Thoughts?

18 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Thanks for that, it took me literally 30 seconds to find this on the same site:

"We as Rangers fans need to be on our best behaviour, whether we like it or not, because of the extent to which we are hated and the determination of the people who hate us to spin everything into a narrative against us. It comes with being the biggest club in Scotland, and with being seen as a club with a unionist fanbase in a political climate dominated by Scottish nationalists.

We represent Rangers as fans and need to act accordingly. None of us are individually responsible for the actions of a few morons but as a fanbase it always does well to remember Bill Struth and the standards he set."

What a dignified chap! Though I'm unsure if I'd take boating lessons from Bill Struth. 🚣‍♀️☠️

Rangersmedia btw. What a flashback, I got binned from that site a couple of times. They think I'm a hand wringer and you guys think I'm a bigot. Reminds me of how different demographics view left vs right politics. Americans would say I'm a total lefty and British people would say im centre-right. 

Also I'm so thankful nobody posted the Tinie Tempah patter. That is probably the worst thing over the past 2 or 3 years we've seen, proper banter era flashbacks...

Anyway back to the pictures.

IMG_20210517_090953.jpg

IMG_20210517_090951.jpg

IMG_20210515_170755.jpg

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I see that The PFA have put together their team of the season - which is basically us augmented by Ajer, Turnbull and Eduard:

Edouard is fair enough but Ajer is a joke - we'd have shipped more goals had we played him in place of Helander.  As for Turnbull?  Definitely got promise but needs to play in a better team.  Plus he didn't have a better season than Aribo.

Thoughts?

I’d need to hear them sing to see if they’re worthy. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Turnbull must have been prime Pirlo to get in the team of the season after only playing about 4 months of it - for a team that fell more and more points off the lead in that time. 

Who'd you have included instead?

Rangers have just went and stopped 10iar while going unbeaten in the league and the only thing anyone is talking about is the embarrassment brought on Scottish football by drunken fans, violent behaviour, anti-Catholic singing and the team allegedly singing dodgy lyrics.

Is this the strongest evidence yet that they are indeed still the same club? 🤔