Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

12 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Depite the club doing 'all they could' by asking them not to congregate.

If no-one congregates then none of that shite happens.

I agree with that. I just think it’s odd how people are trying to hold the club accountable for it though. 

Just now, AJF said:

I agree with that. I just think it’s odd how people are trying to hold the club accountable for it though. 

It's probably because the club has turned a blind eye to supporters acting like animals for decades. Both clubs.

51 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

What did I say re Kamara racist incident? If I recall, I suggested Rangers should be given a by and Prague chucked out the tournament. I went on to say that Rangers fans moral indignation over the matter was hypocritical in the extreme, something many would agree with. 

You could maybe replace that fat disgusting beast Jim Traynor when his heart eventually packs it in. 

Trying to make *** a bigoted word is hilarious. I've told you many times how it's used in Aberdeen and it has f**k all to do with Protestantism. 

Rangers FC are probably the biggest victims in football. 

Wait what... *** is a bigoted word? Don't they sing it in one of their completely non-bigoted songs.  So that makes it cultural no? 

2 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

I don’t know what they expected Rangers to do 

according to 95 percent of this forum they died 10 years ago 

The club is still formulating its statement deploring the actions of a small minority who do not the represent the countlesss upstanding pillars of society who form the majority of its support.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It's probably because the club has turned a blind eye to supporters acting like animals for decades. Both clubs.

But that takes us full circle to my original point though. With a closed stadium, no stewards and no facility to house or manage the fans, the club really can’t do anything to prevent what happened yesterday.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

But that takes us full circle to my original point though. With a closed stadium, no stewards and no facility to house or manage the fans, the club really can’t do anything to prevent what happened yesterday.

Of course they can.

The ban the people identified. Then refuse to sell season tickets to the fans singing sectarian songs. 

Of course there's millions of reasons why they don't take any action 💰

Bit late to the party here, it’s amazing how your thoughts can change so quickly!
On Thursday, I was so proud to be Scottish, to see the fantastic display of unity with our neighbours, friends, members of our community when the Home Office came knocking with underhand tactics normally reserved for dangerous & violent criminals in dawn raids. It was momentous that a community came together to defend against what is a morally corrupt act.
Today, I’m sickened to be Scottish, to think that what should have been & quite rightly (IMO), a day of celebration for Rangers fans after securing their first league title, was turned into carnage.
My nephew was out in town yesterday having the first meet up with his pals after lockdown, place booked in the pub etc, only to be told that the licensed premises in Glasgow city centre had to close because of all this bullshit, probably hundreds of others out for a meal etc were met with the same disappointment.
I’d like to say I was surprised or shocked, but I was neither.
Absolute vermin that follow Rangers (not all), it’s disgusting to see posters on here defending the vile & cretinous behaviour by “the best fans in the world”.
The club couldn’t have done anything to prevent yesterday’s events, yesterday, but they’ve stoked it up since 2012 & before.
Hope the c***s that were arrested get the book thrown at them & there are many more arrests once footage has been viewed. Scum.

38 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Of course they can.

The ban the people identified. Then refuse to sell season tickets to the fans singing sectarian songs. 

Of course there's millions of reasons why they don't take any action 💰

Again this goes back to an earlier question I asked that was not answered:

How do the club identify them? How do they look at a picture of fans and know their name/seat details so they can ban them?

Do they get supporters to complete a disclosure form when purchasing tickets to declare “I was one of the idiots making an arse of myself in George Square”?

They may be able to identify some of the more high profile ones if they end up charged and their name makes the papers, but otherwise I don’t know how they’d do it.

Identifying fans in a stadium is easier as they have the use of stadium area/seat number to go off of. But identifying fans from out with the stadium would be next to impossible so it would be very difficult to follow through with that kind of promise.

You know, these are the people that we need to help, these are the people we need to work on to close the attainment gap, these are the people that need to shown a better way of life and the brought into full membership of civilized society. 

Let's hear it for social workers!

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

Again this goes back to an earlier question I asked that was not answered:

How do the club identify them? How do they look at a picture of fans and know their name/seat details so they can ban them?

Do they get supporters to complete a disclosure form when purchasing tickets to declare “I was one of the idiots making an arse of myself in George Square”?

They may be able to identify some of the more high profile ones if they end up charged and their name makes the papers, but otherwise I don’t know how they’d do it.

Identifying fans in a stadium is easier as they have the use of stadium area/seat number to go off of. But identifying fans from out with the stadium would be next to impossible so it would be very difficult to follow through with that kind of promise.

You’re not going to get an answer, because throwing out impossible standards for the club to meet and then criticising it for not meeting them is too much of a good thing for some in this thread.

This 'salty tears' chat 

Oh God Reaction GIF

Fact of the matter is, a club with the relative spending power of Rangers 2.0 should be winning the league (alternating, from time to time, with that other mob). As such, their fans will never experience the elation of such an occasion as Hibs' 2016 cup win.

GIF by HULU

Except, perhaps, if they were to win some form of European Cup. 

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

Edited by The Other Foot

12 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

Fact of the matter is, a club with the relative spending power of Rangers 2.0 should be winning the league (alternating, from time to time, with that other mob). As such, their fans will never experience the elation of such an occasion as Hibs' 2016 cup win.

Shouldn’t a club with the spending power of Hibs be winning a cup every so often as well though?

Maybe supporters of smaller clubs thought the exact same thing about Hibs fans’ joy of winning that cup as you do about Rangers fans’ joy of winning the league yet I’m sure it meant the world to you?

Not trying to take anything away from the achievement, just politely pointing out the lack of self awareness.

45 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

You know, these are the people that we need to help, these are the people we need to work on to close the attainment gap, these are the people that need to shown a better way of life and the brought into full membership of civilized society. 

Let's hear it for social workers!

Care to elaborate?