Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

21 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Was that an effort? It was literally the defence my children use when they're pretending to give a f**k whilst also pointing the finger at one of their siblings to soften the trouble they'll be in.

My kids are 7, 6 and 4.

The only one really giving a f**k is the Salt and Vinegar guy.

He's strongly condemned it. He's also offered the pandemic as a mitigating factor whilst stating it isn't an excuse.

5 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

He's strongly condemned it. He's also offered the pandemic as a mitigating factor whilst stating it isn't an excuse.

Fair enough.

Would have gave him some credit if he'd mustered the courage to do it last night while the majority of Rangers fans were in defence mode.

Salt and vinegar managed it.

7 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

A mitigating factor? By saying the lockdown is a mitigating factor they're saying it somehow provides an explanation as to why that morons behaved in the manner they did. Therefore, partially excusing their behaviour. 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Good morning 🤕

Doesn’t look like I’ve missed much then...

What a day! Some of those scenes were amazing. Seeing Tav lift that trophy aloft had me in bits! Sadly some of the scenes were embarrassing and it’s a shame that some people couldn’t enjoy their day and ruined it for many more.

Edited by AJF

26 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

A mitigating factor? By saying the lockdown is a mitigating factor you're saying it somehow provides an explanation as to why that morons behaved in the manner they did. Therefore, partially excusing their behaviour. 

Erm no. I'm not excusing their behaviour and neither was Pete imo.

There appear to be some in the Rangers support who genuinely can't see what the problem was yesterday, even though many aspects are blindingly obvious. The affect on those living anywhere near Ibrox, the Clyde or the city centre. The extra strain put on the police and on the NHS (during a pandemic FFS). The undermining of the public health advice in what passes for the 'minds' of similarly inane individuals of the "if they can ignore the rules, so can I" mindset. 

The "supporters" behaviour directly affects the reputation of the Club.  It affects how sponsors view the Club. It affects how "supporters" will be treated at away matches in terms of allocations and crowd control. With any luck, it ought to affect those caught in the act in person or on video, who if they have done anything to tarnish the reputation of the Club should never be allowed inside Ibrox again.

From the Club's perspective the most worrying of the lot will be the certainty of action taken by UEFA if anything remotely similar was to happen in a European tie. Tolerating it is simply bad business.  Fans need to behave well ALL THE TIME. If they don't like that, if they aren't prepared to do what the Club and 'the game' need them to do, thay should f#ck off and leave sane folk alone.  If the Club have any sense they'd let it be known now that they won't be taking up any away European ticket allocations. I don’t want to be sitting here before Christmas typing "I told you so". Do I think I can trust the fans to behave?  Pissed up on cheap booze? Does anyone? 

I'll remind the moronic tendency that after Liverpool fans were involved in the Heysel Stadium riot, ALL English clubs were banned from European Competition for 5 years, and Liverpool themselves were banned for 6 years (reduced on appeal from 10 years).  

I can just imagine the knots that the nutter apologists would have to tie themselves up in if the Club they claim to be so concerned about gets a multi-season ban.  OPEN YOUR EYES. You are being dickheads. 

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

You're intolerant of other peoples political beliefs yet find people singing a song to be morally questionable... mad. 

This is a really awful take.

Shameless.

10 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

There appear to be some in the Rangers support who genuinely can't see what the problem was yesterday, even though many aspects are blindingly obvious. The affect on those living anywhere near Ibrox, the Clyde or the city centre. The extra strain put on the police and on the NHS (during a pandemic FFS). The undermining of the public health advice in what passes for the 'minds' of similarly inane individuals of the "if they can ignore the rules, so can I" mindset. 

The "supporters" behaviour directly affects the reputation of the Club.  It affects how sponsors view the Club. It affects how "supporters" will be treated at away matches in terms of allocations and crowd control. With any luck, it ought to affect those caught in the act in person or on video, who if they have done anything to tarnish the reputation of the Club should never be allowed inside Ibrox again.

From the Club's perspective the most worrying of the lot will be the certainty of action taken by UEFA if anything remotely similar was to happen in a European tie. Tolerating it is simply bad business.  Fans need to behave well ALL THE TIME. If they don't like that, if they aren't prepared to do what the Club and 'the game' need them to do, thay should f#ck off and leave sane folk alone.  If the Club have any sense they'd let it be known now that they won't be taking up any away European ticket allocations. I don’t want to be sitting here before Christmas typing "I told you so". Do I think I can trust the fans to behave?  Pissed up on cheap booze? Does anyone? 

I'll remind the moronic tendency that after Liverpool fans were involved in the Heysel Stadium riot, ALL English clubs were banned from European Competition for 5 years, and Liverpool themselves were banned for 6 years (reduced on appeal from 10 years).  

I can just imagine the knots that the nutter apologists would have to tie themselves up in if the Club they claim to be so concerned about gets a multi-season ban.  OPEN YOUR EYES. You are being dickheads. 

Not welcome to the party IMO.

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

Nah

0_Screen-Shot-2020-12-16-at-225953.png

I imagine whenever Arsenal fans post about their invincible season and how adored Wenger is for it, they’re followed around by a bunch of sad sack Spurs fans going ‘but what about the FA Cup eh?’. Must really keep them up at night.

5 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Not welcome to the party IMO.

If this happened in this way somewhere else in a different way, then it’d maybe be bad for the club, ps here’s a comparison to something awful.

Favourite posts having trawled through this:

The guy who literally said “I’ve sung sectarian songs in the past and I’m not a bigot”

And the (completely different) guy who said you’d see similar scenes at Trnsmt every year (aye I remember chucking barricades at riot police and bottling my pal after the arctic monkeys did I Bet You Look Good) while making his grand case that working class culture is lumping the f**k out of people for no reason and rioting in the streets. Which might be the most middle class thing I’ve ever read - one end of Glasgow is obviously the only working class area in Scotland, too..

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

You said "season" clown.

Using your context clues to understand text is something you get taught at Primary, if you’re having trouble with comprehension past that - maybe a tutor or accessing some adult learning services would help?