Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Absolute scummery of the highest order from Scotland's shame.

Win or Lose it dosnt matter,its carnage at every opportunity.........

Where is that wee clown stormzy the borders preacher?

Love to see how he is gonna bullshit his way out of what happened yesterday.....

8 hours ago, G51 said:

I have no doubt that there were more than eight instances of "cunty behaviour" tonight. I also think it is 100% certain that there were nowhere near enough examples of "cunty behaviour" that would lead me to write off half a city.

My general take on this is that there definitely is a number of people who attach themselves to Rangers and use the events surrounding that for unacceptable behaviour. I have no idea how large that number is (and I've no idea how anyone could even measure such a thing), but the idea that it's a "majority" or a "decent chunk", as has been claimed by different posters in the last few pages, is clearly wrong. At least, by my definition of those words. My immediate suspicion of those people is that they're only really interested in point scoring.

Here's the thing though, there isn't really anything that you, me or Rangers can do about folk like that. Most of these people are a product of their environment. It's not a Rangers problem - it's a Glasgow problem. In particular, three main contributory factors that I would pinpoint are i) the levels of poverty in some parts of the city, ii) the extremely poor levels of education in those parts of the city, and iii) the culture among a (decreasing) number of young people in Glasgow that makes them think that they need to give folk from a different scheme a smack.

The reason for that line of thinking is that anyone who's been to other non-football events in Glasgow that attracts a similar profile of people - TRNSMT is the obvious example - will know that you see similar behaviour there.

There are loads of normal people who one minute will (correctly) identify that Glasgow has a decades-long poverty issue in the city that must be rectified, and then in the next minute howl in anguish or laughter at the scenes developing in front of them, considering them to be an inexplicable phenomenon that only occurs because the Rangers support is full of the dregs of society. Well, no. What you're actually seeing is the product of that decades-long poverty problem manifesting itself, you just haven't stopped to think about it.

What really pisses me off about it is when I see loads of middle-class gentrifiers laughing or tagging in their local MSPs about it demanding that the cops wade in. You people literally do not understand the city you live in and it's history. You also do not understand that the only way of stopping this is lifting these people out of poverty. You're tagging in your MSP asking him why he hasn't personally picked up a baton to smack these people around instead, because that makes you feel better about yourself. Well done. It reminds me of the same kind of folk who used to get a kick from watching The Scheme.

tl;dr this element does exist, it's nowhere near as big as some people make it out to be, the only people who can really sort it are too busy telling the police to wade in, this is my last post concerning this subject because my rewatch of the game today has just reached the point of Defoe's goal, and I've already spent way too long talking about a subject that most folk aren't really interested in.

Please do tell me all about Wicks history.........

Imagine being so fucking middle class that you feel perfectly comfortable smugly telling the people of Glasgow that they don't understand their own city while insisting that getting blind drunk and beating each other up is just something poor people do for fun.

8 hours ago, G51 said:

I have no doubt that there were more than eight instances of "cunty behaviour" tonight. I also think it is 100% certain that there were nowhere near enough examples of "cunty behaviour" that would lead me to write off half a city.

My general take on this is that there definitely is a number of people who attach themselves to Rangers and use the events surrounding that for unacceptable behaviour. I have no idea how large that number is (and I've no idea how anyone could even measure such a thing), but the idea that it's a "majority" or a "decent chunk", as has been claimed by different posters in the last few pages, is clearly wrong. At least, by my definition of those words. My immediate suspicion of those people is that they're only really interested in point scoring.

Here's the thing though, there isn't really anything that you, me or Rangers can do about folk like that. Most of these people are a product of their environment. It's not a Rangers problem - it's a Glasgow problem. In particular, three main contributory factors that I would pinpoint are i) the levels of poverty in some parts of the city, ii) the extremely poor levels of education in those parts of the city, and iii) the culture among a (decreasing) number of young people in Glasgow that makes them think that they need to give folk from a different scheme a smack.

The reason for that line of thinking is that anyone who's been to other non-football events in Glasgow that attracts a similar profile of people - TRNSMT is the obvious example - will know that you see similar behaviour there.

There are loads of normal people who one minute will (correctly) identify that Glasgow has a decades-long poverty issue in the city that must be rectified, and then in the next minute howl in anguish or laughter at the scenes developing in front of them, considering them to be an inexplicable phenomenon that only occurs because the Rangers support is full of the dregs of society. Well, no. What you're actually seeing is the product of that decades-long poverty problem manifesting itself, you just haven't stopped to think about it.

What really pisses me off about it is when I see loads of middle-class gentrifiers laughing or tagging in their local MSPs about it demanding that the cops wade in. You people literally do not understand the city you live in and it's history. You also do not understand that the only way of stopping this is lifting these people out of poverty. You're tagging in your MSP asking him why he hasn't personally picked up a baton to smack these people around instead, because that makes you feel better about yourself. Well done. It reminds me of the same kind of folk who used to get a kick from watching The Scheme.

tl;dr this element does exist, it's nowhere near as big as some people make it out to be, the only people who can really sort it are too busy telling the police to wade in, this is my last post concerning this subject because my rewatch of the game today has just reached the point of Defoe's goal, and I've already spent way too long talking about a subject that most folk aren't really interested in.

Genuinely staggering how offensive this post is.

If it a "Glasgow problem" then why haven't Celtic rioted for the last 9 years when titles have been won? Usual Rangers fan burying their head in the sand about their bigoted abhorrent football club and scumbag fans.

Guest Peter LaFleur

Rangers truly are a disgusting club in both glory and banter years. It baffles me when the ‘decent’ Rangers fans question why smaller clubs hate their fan base so much. I mean they don’t even like each other. Embarrassing and shameful times yet again for the club.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

8 hours ago, 2 for a Foil said:

Let’s not kid ourselves, the Ceptic ‘fans’ would be just as bad if they had won anything this year. Let’s face it, both sets of fans are a complete and utter disgrace. The total fucking dregs of society! Get your flares & fireworks, in the bin, it’s been 2 months of Beirut around my place! Give it a fucking rest now, fucking plenty!

Setting off fireworks and flares would have happened under any league team win regardless of restrictions.

Covid restrictions also don't make you constantly batter f**k out your own fan base and bystanders after a win. We had won 15 of last 20 titles before today and 4 trebles on the bounce and caused little in they way of public disruption. If you combined all those together i doubt you would have anywhere near what we saw yesterday. 

To lump us on in with them is just lazy and trying set your own narrative which frankly isn’t true. I know our support has our faults and probably have got worse in my time following them with more of the young team getting chinged up and generally acting like c***s but this lot are in another stratosphere and always have been.

Edited by gannonball

9 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Utterly hilarious scenes in Glasgow. Rangers 'supporters' yet again proving they are among the utter dregs of society. What should be a massive cause for celebration, they manage to turn into a street fight.

Statement bingo will see the snp/police/Glasgow City Council blamed for the fact that their fans couldn't just be happy about something for a change.

Utter mutants, and I do feel a smidgin sorry for the decent Rangers supporter, but these utter cretins need eliminated from your support rather than encouraged, which has been the case for way too long.

Yes and we should also cull all the troublemakers in wider society. 

If you get arrested for scrapping, execution. I'm sure that would only impede on Rangers fans right enough. 

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think they could’ve lynched a catholic in George square last night and @G51 would be trying to educate us on the context and socio-economic history of Glasgow. 

He's from Wick.

Does Jermain Defoe offer enough for another year?

If his wages aren't too high then I'd be all for it, he's still in amazing shape and knows how to score.

🗣️
"I want to stay here forever, I love it here, it is special." Jermain Defoe sends a message to "the best fans in the world", says he wants to stay at Rangers & reveals the message he got from Steven Gerrard. Do you want the Englishman to extend his contract?

Guest Peter LaFleur

There were a few organised buses from Falkirk through to George square yesterday. They done pick ups in poverty-stricken areas only before setting off.

Edited by Peter LaFleur