Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Guest JTS98
5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Churlish much are we?  Sorry to pick on you but you are having a fucking mare.

The people who 'love the side show' are, actually, the diddies on here.  There is nothing more enthralling to a P&B Diddy than some dreadful remark on RM.  They view it then scamper back to the board as fast as their tiny diddy legs can carry them to express how aghast they are at the big bad Rangers fans.

Indeed, the plethora of threads about Rangers and you and your fellow diddies posting about us ad nauseam is all about  'the side show'.

Of course that's true to an extent, and some people become pretty obsessed by this stuff. But I think Rangers fans sometimes miss what it is that fascinates or appalls outsiders about their club and the culture around it.

Obviously, Rangers Media is pretty extreme, but we've all met and know Rangers fans who subscribe to the lunatic views expressed on that site. And the people I know who have those views are almost always Rangers supporters. Viewed from the outside your club is bizarre.

I think the best way to describe it is that I can imagine supporting more or less any other Scottish club. If I'd grown up in a different town, if my family had supported different clubs etc. I could have been an Aberdeen fan. Or an East Fife fan. Or whatever. But I could never imagine being a Rangers fan and choosing to be around that sort of culture. I also find it baffling that parents buy their kids Rangers tops, or buy their kids tickets to go to games and sit in a big crowd singing songs about catholics, or take their weans along to a club that plays a well-known pop song that their fans like because it gives them the chance to shout 'f**k the pope and the IRA'. It's really very strange. You wouldn't send your kids to a swimming club like that.

So, yeah. Us diddy fans do have a Rangers obsession. But that's because Rangers are such a strange thing to have around in the twenty-first century.

9 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11168012

A moving pic, absolutely amazing sir. 

Amazing stuff....

2 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Of course that's true to an extent, and some people become pretty obsessed by this stuff. But I think Rangers fans sometimes miss what it is that fascinates or appalls outsiders about their club and the culture around it.

Obviously, Rangers Media is pretty extreme, but we've all met and know Rangers fans who subscribe to the lunatic views expressed on that site. And the people I know who have those views are almost always Rangers supporters. Viewed from the outside your club is bizarre.

I think the best way to describe it is that I can imagine supporting more or less any other Scottish club. If I'd grown up in a different town, if my family had supported different clubs etc. I could have been an Aberdeen fan. Or an East Fife fan. Or whatever. But I could never imagine being a Rangers fan and choosing to be around that sort of culture. I also find it baffling that parents buy their kids Rangers tops, or buy their kids tickets to go to games and sit in a big crowd singing songs about catholics, or take their weans along to a club that plays a well-known pop song that their fans like because it gives them the chance to shout 'f**k the pope and the IRA'. It's really very strange. You wouldn't send your kids to a swimming club like that.

So, yeah. Us diddy fans do have a Rangers obsession. But that's because Rangers are such a strange thing to have around in the twenty-first century.

:lol: 

Seriously mate, that was hilarious....

16 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

"If they felt so outraged at being called orange B’s, surely they would have contacted the club and demanded that this rumoured orange top be halted"

Let me explain. The word B****** is meant to be, and is universally taken as an insult - although now that half of all babies are born to unmarried mothers, I'm not really sure why. Unless you are heavily into Catholic theology, there is nothing inherently objectionable  or shameful about Orangeism ( as opposed to how some of it's adherents behave ) Similarly there was nothing inherently shaming about having been a F*****. In fact most Irish Republicans would be proud of the name. The problem comes when you add the B****** word after the word Orange or  F*****  because then you are saying that they are worthless or lesser humans and it's BECAUSE they are Orange or a F*****

Have to confess I consider "Orangemen" to be lesser humans, a sub-species, if you will. Not sure what the problem with that is tbh. 

40 minutes ago, bennett said:

Amazing stuff....

:lol: 

Seriously mate, that was hilarious....

What is so hilarious about it? Week in week out we all hear your fans singing bigoted shit, the ridiculous army days, the ultra British nonsense, the loyalist slogans etc.. I could go on but what's the point most you c***s live with your head in the sand, and before you give the usual response of what about Celtic, alot of them are c***s too but there is not in my opinion the same vile, sinister sectarian cloud surrounding it like Sevco...

So again what's so hilarious?

2 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

What is so hilarious about it? Week in week out we all hear your fans singing bigoted shit, the ridiculous army days, the ultra British nonsense, the loyalist slogans etc.. I could go on but what's the point most you c***s live with your head in the sand, and before you give the usual response of what about Celtic, alot of them are c***s too but there is not in my opinion the same vile, sinister sectarian cloud surrounding it like Sevco...

So again what's so hilarious?

A vile, sinister, sevconian cloud of evil spreading misery throughout the land.

Ffs...

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

A vile, sinister, sevconian cloud of evil spreading misery throughout the land.

Ffs...

I know I what I said mate. As I said head buried in the sand... Its OK I wasn't expecting a rational response...

2 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

I know I what I said mate. As I said head buried in the sand... Its OK I wasn't expecting a rational response...

Tone the retoric down a bit and in future you may get one.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Amazing stuff....

It doesn't surprise me at all that you're amazed by moving pictures, have you experienced escalators yet? You're in for a thrill.

Don't be a dick.  The reason we're here is that we're sceptics who don't necessarily toe the line.   We don't especially like other message boards and prefer to view Scottish football in the round.
The main reason we post on P&B is quite the opposite of your statement of ignorance.  We do not, "actively support everything Rangers stand for" and you'll often see Rangers supporters on here showing cynicism towards various aspects of the club.
You dont care about Scottish football outwith Rangers come on now

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This is one of those rare occasions Bennett, when you do actually need to put in a letter 'h'.

Ok, thone the retoric down.

On 6/9/2018 at 06:09, JTS98 said:

What's even more bizarre, though, is that the 2nd largest Rangers-focused forum on the internet is P&B.

Forgive me if it seems I’m doing us down or casting doubt but does no-one else find it strange that Stevie G has apparently been in the job 10 days now and, as far as I can see, hasn’t been anywhere near Ibrox or a journalist?

Forgive me if it seems I’m doing us down or casting doubt but does no-one else find it strange that Stevie G has apparently been in the job 10 days now and, as far as I can see, hasn’t been anywhere near Ibrox or a journalist?
Do you find it strange? Not ripping the pish here but I would have bet you however much you wanted that would happen.