Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

35 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Presumably the only reason you wish to raise Scottish Cup final performances is because you didnt attend your teams utter humiliation in May of last year.

Unsurprising.

Eta @The Grass Is Greener. I dont have a repetoire of cup final images on my phone from recent times. Would really appreciate if you could oblige this creepy fella with a wee reminder or two when you get a chance

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0730.JPG

36 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

I chose to ignore your reply and have not even read it yet as 9 times out of ten what you write is utter babble . Hope that clears everything up MT

You ask me a question, then claim not reading the answer as a victory?

Good Lord.

The gullible idiots have chosen to defend their club when they should have saved it. They let their club die and are now still doing nothing but trying to defend the honor of those who are ripping the utter pish out of them.

What a fantastic embarrassment of a deid club and what must be the most gullible fans in the world.

You let your club die & are to blame for the ongoing & fun epic mess GIRFUY HH

1 minute ago, wulliamwallace said:

The gullible idiots have chosen to defend their club when they should have saved it. They let their club die and are now still doing nothing but trying to defend the honor of those who are ripping the utter pish out of them.

What a fantastic embarrassment of a deid club and what must be the most gullible fans in the world.

You let your club die & are to blame for the ongoing & fun epic mess GIRFUY HH

Thanks for the input . Think the nurse is calling you for your meds again . See you tomorrow when no doubt you will once again bless us with your Intellectual input once more 

Edited by Forever_blueco

1 hour ago, The Tedi said:

'The club had gained no unfair competitive advantage by withholding information on the payments. Nor did the failure to properly disclose payments mean the players' registrations were invalid. Hence stripping the club of previous titles, or any other sporting sanction, would be inappropriate.  '

Lord Nimmo Smith 2013

nimmo-smith-1.jpg

That sound you hear, is the sobbing whimpering anguish of crushed PnBers the length and breadth of the country.

Still makes me smile all these years later.

1 hour ago, The Tedi said:

This is indeed what was decided Ted.  I'd already said as much, but if posting it again suits you, go right ahead.

Obviously though, it's wildly contentious.  I don't think that a suitably convincing argument is offered as to why failure to disclose payments didn't invalidate registration.

The claim that failure to disclose payments offered no competitive advantage is of course, simply wrong.

The payments were not disclosed because Rangers knew that the scheme they operated, which was definitely designed to offer a competitive advantage, was dodgy and if exposed, could result in a tax bill they'd be unable to pay.

Now you can of course, rightly point out that Lord Nimmo Smith is rather more legally learned than I am.

I think though that you'll struggle to explain why, in any moral sense, Rangers should keep those titles.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Or you'll look like a halfwit who cannot handle a discussion.

Why are you being quite so idiotic here?  In fairness, it's not really like you.

I'm going to play Devil's advocate here and have a modicum of sympathy.

The last few days has seen P&B threads relating to Rangers descend into petty mudslinging from both sides which quite frankly I find pretty tedious.

F_B is generally reasonable on a day to day basis so I can imagine the last couple of days must make it seem a thankless task to be a Rangers fan on here and to try and be fair minded.

Certain others on here are just relentless bores on here all the time irregardless.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'm going to play Devil's advocate here and have a modicum of sympathy.

The last few days has seen P&B threads relating to Rangers descend into petty mudslinging from both sides which quite frankly I find pretty tedious.

F_B is generally reasonable on a day to day basis so I can imagine the last couple of days must make it seem a thankless task to be a Rangers fan on here and to try and be fair minded.

Certain others on here are just relentless bores on here all the time irregardless.

Probably true, but he asked me a specific question, got a specific answer and is now sliding about like a daft wee boy in a kilt during the buffet at a wedding.

It's better on here when discussion is allowed to break out.

Just now, The Tedi said:

I said at the time I would accept the findings and accept the punishment.

I think we both did.

I kept true to my word, you didn't, I am obviously a much more honorable poster than you monks, where has your dignity gone? accept it and move on.

We've done this Ted.  Dear old Bennett scoured the site for me saying any such thing and could only find evidence of me saying afterwards that we were stuck with the ruling.

Why would I accept something as right if I fundamentally disagreed with it?

Of course Ted, you don't accept the judgment out of respect for the system.  You accept it simply because it chimes with your preferred reading.

I know why you think I should move on - it's because you've no counter arguments.

I've no plans to though, because it remains the key towering injustice from the episode.

2 minutes ago, The Tedi said:

So you never said that you would accept the findings then? ah sorry about that Monks, I must have been mistaken, not that you can blame me, there were a ton of posters who were quite happy to proclaim they would accept the verdict as it looked liked a foregone conclusion.  

This makes your accusation even more hurtful and quite frankly dishonorable, I went on record to say I would accept verdict despite everyone saying we were going to lose, many of your wee mates were already planning the 'title stripping party' (where are Hellbhoy and Dhenbhoy by the way?:cake) and yet here you are now claiming that I only accept it because it turned out brilliantly for us bears and led to weeks and months of GIRUYS, I completely object to that monks, what have I ever done to you, to deserve such treatment? a better man would apologise in your situation.

I never had such faith in the right  judgement being arrived at, despite how compelling the evidence clearly was.

I honestly don't understand why decent fans - and yes, Ted, I'm including you here - would want their club to retain honours in such circumstances.