Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

Having one Tory councillor does not equate to being a Tory constituency. Shettleston’s MSP is SNP, Glasgow East’s MP is SNP, Glasgow Central’s MP is SNP and the other 3 councillors are Labour and SNP (x2).

Although it is completely correct that the Rangers Media vote would probably explain the Tory councillor. 

I seem to remember the same happening in Ferguslie Park and the area where the Ravenscraig steelworks used to stand . It was of course the local elections but, yes, the point still stands: there are eejits aplenty out there who are voting this way because it's all supposedly part of 'the cause' for 'the people'. Poor gullible b'stards.

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
11 hours ago, HibsFan said:
Moralising just does not suit Rangers fans, and this is but yet another example.

Have you popped this on page one of the other thread yet? Its surely worth a place

Heading over to do it now! Thanks for the reminder.

9 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Practically indistinguishable from them...

My church history is quite rusty but didn't the Orthodox faith split from the Kafflix long before Martin Luther spray-painted graffiti on a church door? Doesn't that make the Orthodox the original Protestants? Should Rangers fans start calling themselves The Protestants?

1 minute ago, nsr said:

My church history is quite rusty but didn't the Orthodox faith split from the Kafflix long before Martin Luther spray-painted graffiti on a church door? Doesn't that make the Orthodox the original Protestants? Should Rangers fans start calling themselves The Protestants?

Yes and No.

They (Eastern Orthodox) believe in transubstantiation. One - one - of the many errors raised by Luther and the other reformers. The Eastern Orthodox (Orthodox Catholic church) church just carried on with the same rituals and believes as the Roman Catholic church, except without a pope. 

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Yes and No.

They (Eastern Orthodox) believe in transubstantiation. One - one - of the many errors raised by Luther and the other reformers. The Eastern Orthodox (Orthodox Catholic church) church just carried on with the same rituals and believes as the Roman Catholic church, except without a pope. 

Didn't they split around the 10th-11th century over the issue of images v icons? The Orthodox weren't up for having images of saints/Mary/etc knocking around the churches but the Roman Kafflix insisted on keeping them. Correct me if I'm wrong!

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

If you're quoting bennett then I'd make it a Rainbow Trout in case he/she remains precious about the LGBT thing.

Ideally I'd describe them as a Bigmouth Buffalo and a Bowfin.

Wouldn't want to be seen as being precious. 

...and learn the difference between a trout and salmon.

1 hour ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Reading that, you almost want Celtic to win 10 in a row off the back of a final day 94th minute dive just to see the resultant tears, snotters and conspiracy theories.  That or won by points deduction. 

Edited by Hedgecutter