Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

As a probably atypical Dons fan, I have no problem with Wright leaving for mordor.
Yes, it’s not nice he can play against us for the pantomime villain of Scottish football but at least there was no cloak and dagger machinations AFAIK

Laughed at Davie Robertson in the press saying making that move makes you a hate figure, not always Davie but when you almost immediately have a kid and call him “Mason” it doesn’t help!

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Still baffled by this inherent need in Gerrard's eyes for Wright. Liked him at Dundee, but I don't think I ever thought he'd be a starter for Rangers. Kamara, yes. Wright... we'll see.

Cheap homegrown squad filler replacement for Jones/Barker. Seems pretty straight forward.

I look forward to seeing what both players can offer, particularly Wright.

Should we manage to get the league title secured early enough, then give them plenty of game time towards the end of the season to adapt to our style.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If that's the only point then it's a waste of 200k imo

Especially since they've already got a better, younger, winger on the books in Kai Kennedy.

6 months of bedding him in, since the league is already won, would be far better for Rangers than spunking money, plus a long contract, on an inferior player.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If that's the only point then it's a waste of 200k imo

The Rangers coaching squad will be confident they can develop him into a useful player no doubt. Being homegrown is a bonus.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Especially since they've already got a better, younger, winger on the books in Kai Kennedy.

6 months of bedding him in, since the league is already won, would be far better for Rangers than spunking money, plus a long contract, on an inferior player.

I haven’t seen enough of either player to confidently judge who is superior, however Kennedy has plenty of time ahead of him given his younger age. He may also utilise both of them next season given we often play 3 forwards and Kent and Morelos will likely be subject to transfer interest.

If we can keep Wright fit, he’s a good stylistic fit for the way we play. Was initially unconvinced but the more I watch him, the more I like. But keeping him fit is obviously the big issue.

In terms of Kennedy, by the time he breaks through it’ll be time to move Ryan Kent on. Kennedy will need a season loan at Premiership level yet.

On 08/06/2018 at 10:15, Stormzy said:

Historically we are the bigger and better team, understandably people that have grown up watching that be the case expect it to still be the case when we're fully back on our feet.  I don't know anyone that has the entitlement simply "because we're Rangers" it's more because we're used to being the superior club in a rivalry.. it's also not unrealistic as you've said for us to catch up with celtc so I wouldn't be surprised that a lot of people expect it to happen.  I think it's probably worth noting that celtc are doing exceptionally well for themselves right now, they did well to get Rodgers so the sense of entitlement is probably more apparent because people aren't used to celtc being so well run and consistent, i'm not sure if it'll be a case of Rangers getting their act together or just celtc falling apart that will restore the natural order that we're all more used to. 

Beautiful.