Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

29 minutes ago, G51 said:

The disciplinary system is so inconsistently applied, it's genuinely funny.

That’s why I said I’d be surprised if Rangers don’t appeal this notice.

Theres more than enough examples Rangers could use where “stamps” have not been punished. They surely just ask what the compliance officers reasoning was not to punish those individuals and then apply it to Morelos.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

That’s why I said I’d be surprised if Rangers don’t appeal this notice.

Theres more than enough examples Rangers could use where “stamps” have not been punished. They surely just ask what the compliance officers reasoning was not to punish those individuals and then apply it to Morelos.

Yeah. It's not just that, it's that the Compliance Officer is completely arbitrary about when retrospective disciplinary applies, not just for stamps.

So far this season in the top flight, excluding the f**k ups they've made with the various COVID issues, there have been disciplinary notices issued for Michael Gardyne (using the F word, subsequently withdrawn), Morelos v United, Jason Holt v St Mirren, Gerrard v Dundee Utd and Kettlewell v Livi. That's it!

If you're going to have a retrospective disciplinary system, you either have to catch everything or catch nothing. This system does neither. Patryk Klimala almost elbowed someones head off their shoulders last week FFS.

41 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Makes it even funnier that we were liquidated and still on the verge of fucking what should have been the easiest run to 10 in a row ever 🤣

know your place 😎

A 9 year old club winning their first title is impressive I’ll give you that. 

The fact that Rangers are on the verge of winning the title that Celtic fans have been singing about for the last 9 years must be hard to take for some. We can’t be too harsh on the trolls, let them comfort themselves.

There’s no doubt Morelos has previous for reckless behaviour on the park, but viewed in real time, did he really intentionally stamp on Porteous? I honestly don’t think he did. It looks far worse in slow-mo. At normal speed, I think he attempts to trap the ball to ‘dig it out’ of the tackle and the legs of a prone defender. I don’t think how the ball bobbled on a difficult pitch helped timing (on a number of occasions on Wednesday evening) either.
At worst careless, perhaps Morelos should simply have tried to hold his feet/position. I don’t believe on this occasion that he deliberately tried to injure his opponent though. Don’t have an axe to grind either way and if he’s found guilty of dangerous play, fair enough, if that’s how a review panel see it. I’m just not sure it’s such a clear call. For what is worth I don’t think McGregor intentionally stamped on Kamara either.

3 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

There’s no doubt Morelos has previous for reckless behaviour on the park, but viewed in real time, did he really intentionally stamp on Porteous? I honestly don’t think he did. It looks far worse in slow-mo. At normal speed, I think he attempts to trap the ball to ‘dig it out’ of the tackle and the legs of a prone defender. I don’t think how the ball bobbled on a difficult pitch helped timing (on a number of occasions on Wednesday evening) either.
At worst careless, perhaps Morelos should simply have tried to hold his feet/position. I don’t believe on this occasion that he deliberately tried to injure his opponent though. Don’t have an axe to grind either way and if he’s found guilty of dangerous play, fair enough, if that’s how a review panel see it. I’m just not sure it’s such a clear call. For what is worth I don’t think McGregor intentionally stamped on Kamara either.

There's loads of examples of the panel clearing these types of challenges. That is the infuriating thing.

Here's Stevie Naismith on Brown in this years Scottish Cup final. Carbon copy.

1 hour ago, Henrik's tongue said:

A 9 year old club winning their first title is impressive I’ll give you that. 

The easiest chance at ten Ever and yous have bottled it 

my grandchildren will be Rangers fans . And they will still be laughing at your Celtic supporting grandchildren about it 😆

2 hours ago, DMCs said:

Is this you? You sound like you're hurting. Don't forget to know your place anyhow.

I've read enough of slavering wee Henry's inanities over enough years to know that the guy on the bottom left could well be him.  The hapless fanny has also been banging on about The Ten for more than half a decade.  For example:

On 22/01/2016 at 18:22, Henrik's tongue said:

And how will you feel exactly about Celtic doing 10 in a row? Because that's also for sure. :)

On 03/03/2015 at 00:24, Henrik's tongue said:

I wonder if this "we know it'll take time and there's a long way to go" attitude will still be kicking around the season Celtic do 10 in a row. :lol:

When you're a Sellick fan and most of your posts are on Rangers threads and when you've built yourself up for The Ten for this length of time then it's no wonder he's lashing out.  More to be pitied than anything.

45 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I've read enough of slavering wee Henry's inanities over enough years to know that the guy on the bottom left could well be him.  The hapless fanny has also been banging on about The Ten for more than half a decade.  For example:

When you're a Sellick fan and most of your posts are on Rangers threads and when you've built yourself up for The Ten for this length of time then it's no wonder he's lashing out.  More to be pitied than anything.

I really , really get to this trumpet - who I’ve never met - by writing words on an anonymous footballl forum - and I’m the one who’s lashing out. :lol:

Sober up. There’s a good drunkard. 

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

The easiest chance at ten Ever and yous have bottled it 

my grandchildren will be Rangers fans . And they will still be laughing at your Celtic supporting grandchildren about it 😆

I  totally agree. Read the posts from me that The_Drunk  dug up from five (5) years ago ffs.

Your Grandchildren will more than likely be in care wee man ;)

46 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I really , really get to this trumpet - who I’ve never met - by writing words on an anonymous footballl forum - and I’m the one who’s lashing out. :lol:

Sober up. There’s a good drunkard. 

You've had a mare. Time for your bed pal.

20210128_005110.thumb.jpg.03460039b4a2d716123c93fe78f9e4c2.jpg