Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

16 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Exactly! The rules and protocols come from UEFA and the government allow elite football to be played within their pretend bubble why is it different?
Whether it's in England or Scotland or any country the protocols in place should be the same,the levels of covid are different all across Europe but the football protocols shouldn't be.
Why was Tierney allowed to play and Christie wasn't? The guidelines and medical rules are the same whether you live in England or Scotland.  

No they aren’t. UEFA certainly have their protocols, but the overruling body in every country is the government of that specific country, which can tell UEFA to go stuff themselves if they want. The Scottish government and the rules laid down for England are different. Which part of that do you not understand? 

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

No they aren’t. UEFA certainly have their protocols, but the overruling body in every country is the government of that specific country, which can tell UEFA to go stuff themselves if they want. The Scottish government and the rules laid down for England are different. Which part of that do you not understand? 

The part were a local council intervenes saying feck UEFA and the government.

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Where?

Where what?!

Scottish government has jurisdiction over COVID legislation and regulations for Scotland, UK government has jurisdiction over COVID legislation and regulations for England.

This has been well established over the past 8 months I think!!!

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The part were a local council intervenes saying feck UEFA and the government.

It’s actually the part where, because of Covid regulations in different parts of the UK, Tierney was allowed to play under English regulations because his team play in England, and Christie wasn’t allowed to play under Scottish regulations because his team play in Scotland. 

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It’s actually the part where, because of Covid regulations in different parts of the UK, Tierney was allowed to play under English regulations because his team play in England, and Christie wasn’t allowed to play under Scottish regulations because his team play in Scotland. 

Just let him 'win'.

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

Luckily for rangers this was just a "breach", what Aberdeen players and Bolingoli did was "inexcusable".

An inexcusable breach, I haven't seen anyone defending those two morons. Their actions can't be defended.

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

Where what?!

Scottish government has jurisdiction over COVID legislation and regulations for Scotland, UK government has jurisdiction over COVID legislation and regulations for England.

This has been well established over the past 8 months I think!!!

I'm not disputing that the Scottish government have control of the NHS but don't use football as a political vehicle when football are making shit up as we go along.

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'm not disputing that the Scottish government have control of the NHS but don't use football as a political vehicle when football are making shit up as we go along.

At least he didn't say "football"...

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Tierney playing and Christie not is a clear contradiction within the football protocols,the Scottish government or a local council intervening in the protocols in place is playing political football with our game.

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Mate I'd really love to help you understand this but I really have no idea what point you're trying to make.

Scottish football is following the COVID-19 protocols as established by the JRG. These protocols require any player who is in contact with a confirmed case of COVID to self-isolate for 14 days. This is regardless of how many negative tests they have - you could theoretically have consistently negative tests from Day 1 to Day 13 before getting a positive on Day 14 (it's unlikely, but it is possible). We don't completely know what's in the protocols because they've never been published, but that much we do know.

I don't know exactly what protocols English football teams are following, but it's possible that they follow a 10 day rule on the basis that the likelihood of a positive test coming up after 10 days of isolation is small. There's no right or wrong answer to this - it's all about what level of risk each set of decision makers are comfortable with. Scotland has gone for the most stringent measures possible, which is perfectly fine. England clearly feels the level of risk is acceptable when combined with the other control measures they have in place.

Tierney playing and Christie not is a clear contradiction within the football protocols,the Scottish government or a local council intervening in the protocols in place is playing political football with our game.

I give up. 🏳️

8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

At least he didn't say "football"...

But not for long...

12 minutes ago, G51 said:

Mate I'd really love to help you understand this but I really have no idea what point you're trying to make.

Scottish football is following the COVID-19 protocols as established by the JRG. These protocols require any player who is in contact with a confirmed case of COVID to self-isolate for 14 days. This is regardless of how many negative tests they have - you could theoretically have consistently negative tests from Day 1 to Day 13 before getting a positive on Day 14 (it's unlikely, but it is possible). We don't completely know what's in the protocols because they've never been published, but that much we do know.

I don't know exactly what protocols English football teams are following, but it's possible that they follow a 10 day rule on the basis that the likelihood of a positive test coming up after 10 days of isolation is small. There's no right or wrong answer to this - it's all about what level of risk each set of decision makers are comfortable with. Scotland has gone for the most stringent measures possible, which is perfectly fine. England clearly feels the level of risk is acceptable when combined with the other control measures they have in place.

You are getting there,the motivation behind the contradiction between Tierney and Christie was different.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You are getting there,the motivation behind the contradiction between Tierney and Christie was different.

The contradiction is highlighted in the article describing the decision from the Daily Mail:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8847399/Arsenal-optimistic-Kieran-Tierney-available-Manchester-City-clash-despite-quarantine.html

"Tierney has tested negative multiple times since and shown he has antibodies to the virus."

Tierney proved he didn't have the virus at the time and he had previously had the virus, therefore conferring immunity upon him. Ryan Christie was unable to do this, so he had to fulfill the 14 day isolation period.

13 minutes ago, G51 said:

The contradiction is highlighted in the article describing the decision from the Daily Mail:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8847399/Arsenal-optimistic-Kieran-Tierney-available-Manchester-City-clash-despite-quarantine.html

"Tierney has tested negative multiple times since and shown he has antibodies to the virus."

Tierney proved he didn't have the virus at the time and he had previously had the virus, therefore conferring immunity upon him. Ryan Christie was unable to do this, so he had to fulfill the 14 day isolation period.

So what you're saying is that even the Covid virus is trying to bring Celtic down?

Clearly a club that has to overcome obstacles like no other.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

So what you're saying is that even the Covid virus is trying to bring Celtic down?

Clearly a club that has to overcome obstacles like no other.

It's COVID, the Scottish Government, the SNP, the Lothian Health Protection Team, everyone.

The film is called Anyone But Celtic for a reason.