Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

19 minutes ago, Munoz said:

It will be interesting to see if the media will be talking about a points deduction,  in the same way they have been about St Mirren. 

As far as I am aware, isn't the media speculating about points deductions because St Mirren have been accused by the SPFL of breaching Covid protocols ahead of their postponed matches?

From what we currently know, the two Rangers players attended a party last night and Rangers have suspended them this morning. I'm not sure where any breach from the club would have taken place.

From what we currently know, the two Rangers players attended a party last night and Rangers have suspended them this morning. I'm not sure where any breach from the club would have taken place.

Aberdeen and Celtic were fined £30,000 each for their players breaching COVID guidelines.

Hopefully this is classed as gross misconduct and we can get rid of the pair of them, totally unacceptable and they're basically ripping the pish out of the rest of us.

Entitled fannies. 

Edited by bennett
Auto type thingy

Just now, Drew Brees said:

Aberdeen and Celtic were fined £30,000 each for their players breaching COVID guidelines.

Correct, which is why I think a similar punishment will be handed to Rangers.

I was responding to the suggestion of a points deduction being speculated on when it appears the only reason this is being suggested in St Mirren's case is because the SPFL have accused St Mirren of breaching covid protocols as a club.

On 15/10/2020 at 09:52, velo army said:

Fuckin thank you. There's a whole lot of manufactured offense here (and elsewhere) and faux outrage at supposedly sectarian terms from both sides of the aisle. 

As a catholic I've never been offended by the term f£nian, mainly because I'm not Irish (or a celtic fan......my Da' is a contrarian weirdo so we're Jags fans)  and I always understood the word to be something to do with Irish Republicanism. If you're going to sing songs which glorify either the IRA or romanticise the struggle for nationhood, then you can't go clutching your pearls/rosary beads when others attach a label to you whose original meaning described those who fought for Irish independence. I know it's used as a catholic slur, but it isn't a very good one (bead-rattler was always my favourite tbh) and I think the "offense" is taken with too much alacrity.

Also, as someone who has been deeply involved not just in his own parish, but in the wider Scottish community, I've never heard anyone describe anyone of the Protestant faith as a h*n. Never. Proddies, absolutely, but never h*n. That wouldn't have made any sense. H*ns were always Rangers supporters (because of their behaviour and general bellicosity rather than any ideological conflict). Example. My school pal Katy regularly attended mass with her mum on Sunday, and every second Saturday would head to Ibrox with her Dad. Katy was a Tim, a bead-rattler, a kafflik. Katy was also a h*n b*****d, and sensibly kept this side of her hidden until about 6th year.  

Happy to help.

Peace be with you all

Was it his half day off?

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

Hopefully this is classed as gross misconduct and we can get rid of the pair of them, totally unacceptable and they're basically ripping the pish out of the rest of us.

Entitled fannies. 

Sheer selfish stupidity. Deserve to be fined heavily. Don’t see either playing much any time soon anyway tbh so if they get shot of them fair enough. 

In other news:  

@Romeo found?

Edited by 8MileBU

34 minutes ago, AJF said:

I was responding to the suggestion of a points deduction being speculated on when it appears the only reason this is being suggested in St Mirren's case is because the SPFL have accused St Mirren of breaching covid protocols as a club.

The baws burst if any team gets a points deduction, the Scottish government gave football a yellow card to make sure it gets it's house in order.
A few players won't get the game stopped maybe even a club won't get the game stopped.
The 13 player rule is a joke as Killie found out plus rewarding games is also a joke.
Teams with bigger squads should always manage to play their games is a joke.
Football isn't a sport this season.

A similar punishment would be to cancel games. With Celtic and Aberdeen the decision was that regardless as to the risk the decision to postpone games was made with a clear message of - players and clubs beware - you will all be punished regardless as to whether it's just an individual responsible.

Over to you Nic

tenor.gif?itemid=16290706

Sugar coating some bad news.

RANGERS is proud to announce today its new global partnership with Mondelēz International, owner of Cadbury, making the UK’s favourite chocolate brand the club’s official snacking partner for the 20/21 season

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

RANGERS is proud to announce today its new global partnership with Mondelēz International, owner of Cadbury, making the UK’s favourite chocolate brand the club’s official snacking partner for the 20/21 season

🤣

Is this a 'global partnership' to sell chocolate bars inside an empty stadium?

Just now, Drew Brees said:
4 minutes ago, bennett said:

Is this a 'global partnership' to sell chocolate bars inside an empty stadium?

They'll also supply a double decker if we win the league. 

57 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Sheer selfish stupidity. Deserve to be fined heavily. Don’t see either playing much any time soon anyway tbh so if they get shot of them fair enough. 

In other news:  

@Romeo found?

Your obsession with Romeo seems alot weirder than his with sevco...just saying 

Fitting as Jones & Edmunson have been served with a time out.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

They'll also supply a double decker if we win the league. 

The league is a marathon but they're bounty if sevco keep winning,the topic will send a wee ripple even a wispa if that happens but sevco will need a boost near the end with you doing a twirl,lets be honest here you're living on mars.

The league is a marathon but they're bounty if sevco keep winning,the topic will send a wee ripple even a wispa if that happens but sevco will need a boost near the end with you doing a twirl,lets be honest here you're living on mars.

That’s plenty.

17 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

A similar punishment would be to cancel games. With Celtic and Aberdeen the decision was that regardless as to the risk the decision to postpone games was made with a clear message of - players and clubs beware - you will all be punished regardless as to whether it's just an individual responsible.

Over to you Nic

tenor.gif?itemid=16290706

Yep, fair point. It'll be up to the Scottish Government whether or not they choose to step in like they did before.