Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Both Jordan Jones and George Edmundson have been suspended by the club pending an internal investigation after it was reported they attended a private gathering last night.

They've also been advised to self isolate for 14 days due to this.

Stupid decision considering both players are probably in the "expendable" category.

Considering Jones made such a big thing about joining Rangers as being a "lifetime dream", he's sure trying his best to waste that opportunity.

Given that the incident is reported to have happened last night, I'm hoping neither of them have been in contact with the rest of the squad. I'm assuming most that were involved yesterday would be on a recovery day today so hopefully there's no further implications on our fixtures.

Considering Jones made such a big thing about joining Rangers as being a "lifetime dream", he's sure trying his best to waste that opportunity.
The highlight of his Rangers career thus far is taking out Moritz Bauer & getting a straight red in the 96th minute.

Given that the incident is reported to have happened last night, I'm hoping neither of them have been in contact with the rest of the squad. I'm assuming most that were involved yesterday would be on a recovery day today so hopefully there's no further implications on our fixtures.

Neither of them actually tested positive so it wouldn't have an impact anyway unless they did.

Just now, GNU_Linux said:

The highlight of his Rangers career thus far is taking out Moritz Bauer & getting a straight red in the 96th minute.

And injuring himself for about 20 games before he could even prove himself.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Do clubs do cool down sessions the following day these days or is it more likely a rest day? 

Genuine question! 

On the actual subject. Jordan Jones doing something fucking stupid? Shock...

Just now, Drew Brees said:

Isn’t this what happened at Aberdeen?

As far as I'm aware, it wasn't due to self isolation protocols that the Aberdeen and Celtic fixtures were postponed, it was a decision taken by the Scottish Government to make an example of Scottish Football.

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Do clubs do cool down sessions the following day these days or is it more likely a rest day? 

Genuine question! 

On the actual subject. Jordan Jones doing something fucking stupid? Shock...

I'm not sure to be honest. As neither of them were involved in the match then I'm hoping they wouldn't be involved in any cool down, but that may just be wishful thinking.

Brainless idiots.

As far as I'm aware, it wasn't due to self isolation protocols that the Aberdeen and Celtic fixtures were postponed, it was a decision taken by the Scottish Government to make an example of Scottish Football.

Interesting to see if that example continues, esp as it’s getting worse now.

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Isn’t this what happened at Aberdeen?

Also Bolingoli repeatedly tested positive.

Aberdeen had two positive cases and all of the players who were out had to self-isolate as a result. Bolingoli didn't ever test positive, but had to undergo the mandatory 14 day quarantine for travelling back from Spain (which was what he should have done in the first place). In neither case were any of the other players unavailable.

We're lucky that we found out before training this morning. Had we not, then the whole squad and our future fixtures could be at risk. Jones might have just ruled himself out of NI's international squad as well. Extremely stupid.

From Edmundson's perspective, we have five centre backs with Katic's injury and we'll be going with four next season. It was between him and Katic for that 4th CB slot, and he's just made Wilson and Gerrard's decision for them.

Jones clearly has talent but he doesn't have sense. He'll be at Middlesbrough or somewhere by the end of January.

31 minutes ago, AJF said:

Both Jordan Jones and George Edmundson have been suspended by the club pending an internal investigation after it was reported they attended a private gathering last night.

They've also been advised to self isolate for 14 days due to this.

Stupid decision considering both players are probably in the "expendable" category.

It will be interesting to see if the media will be talking about a points deduction,  in the same way they have been about St Mirren.