Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Switch the terms round, grey and green yins, then use your imagine to see what that might rhyme with. 

I've never heard anyone say it that way and I've genuinely never heard of this as rhyming slang. I always understood it as a reference to Celtic fans wearing their tops everywhere and never taking them off to wash them.

Think this can be added to the long list of nonsense made up about Rangers fans, which stars such hits as "WATP is actually about white supremacy", "Penny Arcade is only sung because it was used at fundraisers for the UVF" and "The Hokey Cokey is actually anti-Catholic"

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not really sure why you think I would make something like this up tbh. I dont know which of the embarrassing versions of the phrase came first, nor does it really matter.

Also not sure why you think it doesnt work as rhyming slang? It clearly does.

There is absolutely no need to make up anything to discredit either cheek.

Twinkle seemed to be on the same track as myself, maybe he has heard it more often, but you can rest assured that I didnt make it up, and that my opinion follows that giving it the Green and Grey patter is just yet another of the ways certain people like to be a bit more sneaky with their bigotry. Of course, you are welcome to think otherwise but since I have never met a Rangers fan who didn't have something to say about religion, I will assume that my opinion on this is right.

It doesn’t. “grey and” before “green yins” is a pointless add on.

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Well this is awkward

AABAD716-34E9-4F3C-BF34-993598BE475A.png

Except it isn’t as it’s not bigoted rhyming slang. 

Anyway, let’s just agree to disagree and knock this pish on the head here. Does my nut in.

Anyway, let’s just agree to disagree and knock this pish on the head here. Does my nut in.
Happy to, but I will point out that if you want to argue that something isnt veiled bigotry in future, dont cite Kincardine as an example.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Happy to, but I will point out that if you want to argue that something isnt veiled bigotry in future, dont cite Kincardine as an example.

“Green and greys” is not veiled bigotry it’s a dig at Celtic fans not washing themselves and their shirts.

No idea what you’re on about with regards to Kincardine. Haven’t cited him at all.

8 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

“Green and greys” is not veiled bigotry it’s a dig at Celtic fans not washing themselves and their shirts.

No idea what you’re on about with regards to Kincardine. Haven’t cited him at all.

Your screenshot contains a post from you and a post from him

[emoji23] Yeah lets agree to disagree now you have been found to use that expression. Sweep it under the carpet like most of your other small discretions on here over the last couple of years

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Switch the terms round, grey and green yins, then use your imagine to see what that might rhyme with. 

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not really sure why you think I would make something like this up tbh. I dont know which of the embarrassing versions of the phrase came first, nor does it really matter.

Also not sure why you think it doesnt work as rhyming slang? It clearly does.

There is absolutely no need to make up anything to discredit either cheek.

Twinkle seemed to be on the same track as myself, maybe he has heard it more often, but you can rest assured that I didnt make it up, and that my opinion follows that giving it the Green and Grey patter is just yet another of the ways certain people like to be a bit more sneaky with their bigotry. Of course, you are welcome to think otherwise but since I have never met a Rangers fan who didn't have something to say about religion, I will assume that my opinion on this is right.

ee3e65d3f9fd8a7d8cf5e7cc81c01aeb.jpg

Some seriously deranged stuff here.

Hope none of the people who are working themselves up about the imaginary sectarian connotations of "green and grey jerseys" don't use the term "h*n", a term which is actually sectarian!! That would be unfortunate!!

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Your screenshot contains a post from you and a post from him

I didn’t post a screenshot, that was Gannonball.

15 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

LOOOK AT MEEEE!

What’s the expression I was quoted as using rhyming slang for? Bean?

Found this on Twitter earlier

Scoring Chance Key Passes per 90 leaders. These players are consistently setting teammates up the high percentage shots that win matches. Holy shit....look at difference between Hagi & EVERYONE ELSE!

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

Scoring Chance Key Passes per 90 leaders. These players are consistently setting teammates up the high percentage shots that win matches. Holy shit....look at difference between Hagi & EVERYONE ELSE!

Genuinely remarkable difference between Hagi and the rest.

Really interesting to see Shankland on there too.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Interesting stats. Good find. 

I found out on Twitter that today is #NoBraDay. 

I can honestly hold my hands up and say in all the years I’ve been a season ticket supporter at Ibrox I have never heard anyone use the term “Grey and Green yin’s”.

Of course, I have heard many more clear and direct examples of sectarianism, but, never this one.

Edited by AJF

44 minutes ago, AJF said:

I can honestly hold my hands up and say in all the years I’ve been a season ticket supporter at Ibrox I have never heard anyone use the term “Grey and Green yin’s”.

Of course, I have heard many more clear and direct examples of sectarianism, but, never this one.

I’ve heard “green yins” used as rhyming slang numerous times, and far worse too of course. On here though, it really doesn’t do the thread any good when someone “neutral” incorrectly makes out something is sectarian when it really isn’t. It’s poor judgement and gutter material whether intended or not, which fwiw I don’t think it was. Most of all though - It’s really fucking boring. 

I’d far rather that when the thread inevitably goes off topic it’s because of Bennett’s bedsit or because Romeo is genuinely the stupidest poster on this forum.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

That's because it's a phrase used just to describe the colour of Celtic's strip - nothing more.

What you should know is that Bairnardo has previous for manufacturing offense.  Two winters back, during the big freeze, I called us 'The Best from the West' in a match thread title and he went tonto for a full fortnight, chasing me around the board and screaming that I was a bigot who revels in child abuse or some such nonsense.

Then last week I referred to the husband and wife team who reign over Scotland by their married name, calling them, 'the Murrell Regime'.  Innocuous enough?  To normal people, yes, but to a demented obsessive it is, apparently, misogynistic which he used in one of his pathetic diatribes.

The guy is a 24 carat gold crank.

Edited by The_Kincardine

55 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That's because it's a phrase used just to describe the colour of Celtic's strip - nothing more.

What you should know is that Bairnardo has previous for manufacturing offense.  Two winters back, during the big freeze, I called us 'The Best from the West' in a match thread title and he went tonto for a full fortnight, chasing me around the board and screaming that I was a bigot who revels in child abuse or some such nonsense.

Then last week I referred to the husband and wife team who reign over Scotland by their married name, calling them, 'the Murrell Regime'.  Innocuous enough?  To normal people, yes, but to a demented obsessive it is, apparently, misogynistic which he used in one of his pathetic diatribes.

The guy is a 24 carat gold crank.

Convincing no one