Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

5 hours ago, bennett said:

League first, then Europe and anything else is a wee bonus. 

The league is always the main priority,Europe for me is a cash cow,the Scottish cup is great nothing better than winning the last game of the season,league cup sets the season up for a possible treble.

FWIW someone cleared up the background noise in the "******" clip, and it's Goldson shouting.

Nothing sectarian though, it's about being disorganised/not picking players up...

On 27/04/2021 at 13:02, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah that, 17 seconds in, volume right up.

I expect the usual "can't be certain what he's saying so you can't punish us" routine to come out, despite the irony...

We should be punished,  even although nothing offensive can be heard that doesn't mean that we should escape any punishment. 

On 27/04/2021 at 13:14, RandomGuy. said:

There's absolutely no chance it'll be looked into by the SFA, or Rangers, regardless.

Maxwell must insist on the compliance officer going after Sevco!!!

On 27/04/2021 at 12:56, RandomGuy. said:

Considering Rangers fans are such justice warriors, surprised nobody is getting stuck in to the Rangers employee calling Saints staff "****** b*****ds", tbh.

That Rangers employee deserves to be sacked and charged!!!

33 minutes ago, bennett said:

We should be punished,  even although nothing offensive can be heard that doesn't mean that we should escape any punishment. 

Maxwell must insist on the compliance officer going after Sevco!!!

That Rangers employee deserves to be sacked and charged!!!

Ach, at least he came on and filled us in with the clarification.

Joey Veerman being linked with us in the Dutch press.

Straight away, I’d be surprised if we did this deal. His fee must be at the very top end of what we could pay. But he is an exceptional player if it somehow happens.

22 year old CM for Heerenveen.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Straight away, I’d be surprised if we did this deal. His fee must be at the very top end of what we could pay. But he is an exceptional player if it somehow happens.

Do you have an idea of what kind of player he is? Someone comparable that we might know of?

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Do you have an idea of what kind of player he is? Someone comparable that we might know of?

Honestly, at our level he'd be a unicorn - play him wherever you want. 6, 8, 10 - wherever. Just put him on the pitch and let him play.

At Heerenveen he plays mostly on the left side of a 4-3-3 - which is obviously Kamara's position. There are elements of Kamara to his game - he's really good in tight spaces and never gets caught out by a press, much like Kamara. But his real skill is as a passer - he can play through the press and play really difficult passes to move the ball from the middle of the park into the final third. So we might be tempted to put him deeper.

I can't see this one happening, he's surely out of our price range, but I'd be absolutely delighted if it did.

SOMEONE ASKED A CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS ROLE PROFILE KLAXON

Spoiler

veerman.thumb.png.0f1425f1c40b091a310ba428796cf802.png

Aribo is the closest profile match in my system, at 83.26%, which isn't that close at all really, think its just the ballwinning figures being so similar to put them close.

Arguably the best chance creator in Holland, on paper.

RANGERS have joined a number of Europe’s top clubs and some world-renowned brands in being nominated in no-less than four categories at the prestigious Football Business Awards.

The Light Blues are in the running for the Sponsorship/Partnership of the Year award, the Best Brand Activation (non Premier League) award, the Best Use of Technology in a Football Club prize, while the Rangers Charity Foundation are up for the Best Covid-19 Community Response award (non Premier League).

It's a fantastic effort from across a number of different facets of the club, further demonstrating the continued growth in the commercial side of the business, as well as highlighting the strong social responsibility the club has to its supporters and the people of Glasgow.

Commercial and Marketing Director, James Bisgrove, commented: “I’m very proud of the work which has been put in by so many people across the club, and to be nominated in such rich company at what is a prestigious awards ceremony is superb recognition of what we have achieved and what we are still building towards.

“From a commercial perspective, it is outstanding to see the launch of our new Ready crest and brand identity, our ground-breaking partnership with Castore and the excellent RangersTV matchday product all being recognised.

“I’m delighted to see the fantastic work of the Rangers Charity Foundation through this most difficult of years also being highlighted.”

The awards ceremony takes place in London on July 12.

12 hours ago, G51 said:

Don't know anything about him. Good to see we are linked with CMs again though as it feels like it's been a while!

12 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I see Morelos was tweeting.

Isn't there supposed to be a moratorium on social media this weekend? 🧐

It's already been reported to the polis.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I see Morelos was tweeting.

Isn't there supposed to be a moratorium on social media this weekend? 🧐

The players had their social media boycott a couple of weeks ago. On this occasion it’s the clubs’ official social media activity that is ceasing rather than the players.

Edited by AJF

7 hours ago, bennett said:

It's already been reported to the polis.

Hilarious reply.

4 hours ago, AJF said:

The players had their social media boycott a couple of weeks ago. On this occasion it’s the clubs’ official social media activity that is ceasing rather than the players.

Sensible reply, thanks.