Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Just now, G51 said:

Aye. We’ve missed a No.8 since he’s been gone. Arfield is either out of form or starting to decline

I'm not sure if it's decline with Arfield as his Rangers career seems to be defined by going through periods of great form before regressing again. I've no doubt he will get going again, we just need to find a way to sustain it.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'm not sure if it's decline with Arfield as his Rangers career seems to be defined by going through periods of great form before regressing again. I've no doubt he will get going again, we just need to find a way to sustain it.

Maybe. He’s 32 now though, and a lot of his game is based on his movement off the ball. It’s not unthinkable that he’d start to decline at this age.

The management team will be able to discern either way from his physical numbers during matches and training.

That's me signed up to Premier Sports now. I'm sure it'll have been discussed at length on here but how ridiculous are the people that sell our game. 3 separate packages needed to watch domestic competition.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Disappointing from bbc news this morning. Made a big deal of lacazette taking the knee but just referenced that slavia ‘have a player accused of racially abusing an opponent’. 

No reference to the fact this opponent was a Scottish team and it’s actually a big story here and rangers and Scotland as a whole are trying to take a big stance as a result. 

He's no longer "accused" either, he is officially confirmed as a racist.

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

That's me signed up to Premier Sports now. I'm sure it'll have been discussed at length on here but how ridiculous are the people that sell our game. 3 separate packages needed to watch domestic competition.

Sky Sports and Premier Sports. Who else?

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

Maybe. He’s 32 now though, and a lot of his game is based on his movement off the ball. It’s not unthinkable that he’d start to decline at this age.

The management team will be able to discern either way from his physical numbers during matches and training.

I have a lot of time for Arfield I definitely think Tav being out has stopped our threat down the right hand side as much and he seems to love finding pockets on that side of the pitch. Patterson will only get better but I think our style without Tavernier is different to what we're accustomed to and there has been less possession in the area of the pitch Arfield operates so well in.

Just now, Stormzy said:

You could be right I got BT for the Europa league. Did they have the Scottish cup last season? 

BT had the League Cup until last season, along with some of the Premiership games. They've bowed out of Scottish football completely now - for all that the actual coverage was good, it was always low priority for them.

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I have a lot of time for Arfield I definitely think Tav being out has stopped our threat down the right hand side as much and he seems to love finding pockets on that side of the pitch. Patterson will only get better but I think our style without Tavernier is different to what we're accustomed to and there has been less possession in the area of the pitch Arfield operates so well in.

Tavernier and Patterson are slightly different types of players. 

Tavernier is a bit of a unicorn in that he can do everything really, but his real strengths are his passing, crossing and his technique striking the ball. He can hit the ball and put it where he wants it to go. That includes going outside a full back and whipping a cross in.

Patterson is more direct. He’s better cutting inside and running with the ball, linking up with players. His dribbling ability is really good - better than Taverniers. But he isn’t as good when he’s forced outside.

Any midfielder playing beside Patterson needs to know that there’s going to be space outside of him, and that’s where they need to go. Arfield isn’t as good at that - he’s better in the box. 

Could definitely see it working better with Jack - can think of a few times when he’s delivered from that area of the pitch (Morelos v Porto an obvious one)

1 minute ago, DMCs said:

We need to sign two significant players in midfield now. Davis getting older, Jack's injury issues and Kamara will get a lot of interest too.

The midfield needs rebuilt, but we kinda knew that anyway.

Just now, DMCs said:

I'd take Lundstram on a free + spending £4m-£6m on a starter.

Lundstram is such a no-brainer for this team. Has everything we’re looking for in an 8.

The difficulty is replacing Davis. That’s what Zungu was supposed to be - a passer with a bit of physical presence. Hasn’t worked out but it’s definitely the right type of player.

Just now, G51 said:

Lundstram is such a no-brainer for this team. Has everything we’re looking for in an 8.

The difficulty is replacing Davis. That’s what Zungu was supposed to be - a passer with a bit of physical presence. Hasn’t worked out but it’s definitely the right type of player.

There must be some Brahim Hemdani 2.0 floating about Ligue 1 somewhere.

The Office of the Czech President chimes in...

https://praguemorning.cz/president-slams-uefa-over-kudela-racism-ban

Vladimir Mynar, heading the office of Czech President Milos Zeman, said in a letter to UEFA’s disciplinary body that Kudela’s ban was disproportionately high compared to those for the Rangers players.

“I want to point out the racism charges were not proven. Even a UEFA inspector questioned whether Ondrej Kudela uttered the racist remark,” wrote Mynar, who is a Slavia fan.

“You have sentenced a decent man without a single proof… only to fulfil the pervert expectations of a narrow group of activists and of a club unable to win on the pitch.”

“In your hands, the fight against racism has turned into… hypocrisy, positive discrimination and ridiculous bowing to silly trends,” Mynar added.

£12.99 min 1 month term or gone for £9.99 min 6 months; confident that Rangers might progress in the competition?? [emoji848]

13 hours ago, Clockwork said:

£12.99 min 1 month term or gone for £9.99 min 6 months; confident that Rangers might progress in the competition?? emoji848.png

Well who has the SC rights next season I suppose. Plus La Liga title race is looking interesting.