Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

3 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Balogun's new deal and Simpson being here must mean if we are signing another CB that means one of Goldson or Helander is away.

I would hope it’s Helander, but Goldson is probably the most likely candidate given his contract situation.

CB for next season probably looks like:

Goldson/Helander (whichever stays)

New CB

Balogun

Simpson

With Katic on loan somewhere to build his knee back up. Expecting Edmundson to get sold

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What’s the Rangurz boys views on John Kennedy saying Celtic are the best team in Scotland @AJF @G51 @bennett @Mr. Alli 

All joking aside, I think he’s correct. And I think most of Celtics recent transformation from punching bag to best team in Scotland is a result of the excellent work Mr Kennedy himself has put in. Celtic are unbeaten in the league during the four matches of his tenure (2 wins, 2 draws), and you simply can’t argue with that!

I have no doubt that the football cognoscenti will be talking about this man as the strongest contender for the permanent job, and rightly so. Facing John Kennedy’s Celtic next season will strike fear into the hearts of me and my fellow Rangers supporters, I’ll tell you that!

17 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

Appreciate your honesty. 

Just can't get my head round it. 

You dislike the religious shite, the royalist and the nationalist shite, but you don't mind going and standing in amongst it? 

The club panders to it too, and of course every support base has its share of idiots. However, many Scottish clubs have played in Europe and I can only think of one off the top of my head that's been partially banned for UEFA called "racism." 

I think Rangers/their supporters are toxic, and I can never understand when you meet the reasonable ones why they continue to just put up with it? 

The club don't take it particularly seriously, neither do the SFA. It's almost accepted as an 'ah well that's just them' or something.

Personally, I tend not to support organisations that pander to bigoted stakeholders. My football team or not. 

I think my response to that would be that I can't seriously accept any suggestion that I am "toxic" ! The fact that I am still around means that some (hopefully many) decent folk CAN support the club.  Not all Celtic supporters support terrorism (Hell, I understand that some of them occasionally wash and that a few even have jobs🤔) and not all Hibs fans want to throw bottles at opposition players or attack them on the pitch.   Not all Hamilton fans are like the sadly departed Fergie who years ago famously ranted abuse loud and long.  (one of my favourites was when I went with a relative to a Hamilton away match in Kirkcaldy. The players had scarcely disappeared up the tunnel for half-time when Fergie started shouting 'come on ref, get these lazy b*****ds back out'. A polis went to speak to him, but just ended up walking away grinning).  I'm certainly not going to condemn all clubs because some fans of each are (in my unqualified view) utter bampots.  I suppose my conclusion would be that supporting a club does not require support for the inane views of others who support the same club.  Sane people sometimes think nutty things... I understand that Issac Newton was also a believer in the occult, including alchemy.  That doesn't lessen the importance of his work in maths and science. 

Without the 'My team, no matter what' fans, bad though attendances in the lower leagues are, there would be nobody in these grounds at all. 

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

All joking aside, I think he’s correct. And I think most of Celtics recent transformation from punching bag to best team in Scotland is a result of the excellent work Mr Kennedy himself has put in. Celtic are unbeaten in the league during the four matches of his tenure (2 wins, 2 draws), and you simply can’t argue with that!

I have no doubt that the football cognoscenti will be talking about this man as the strongest contender for the permanent job, and rightly so. Facing John Kennedy’s Celtic next season will strike fear into the hearts of me and my fellow Rangers supporters, I’ll tell you that!

You make a very good case for the current incumbent to remain in the post permanently sir.

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

I would have no problem if Kennedy held on to the job. Not sure about throwing the cup tie though... beating a downbeat Celtic side is great.  Thumping a confident, optimistic one will be glorious. 

35 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What’s the Rangurz boys views on John Kennedy saying Celtic are the best team in Scotland @AJF @G51 @bennett @Mr. Alli 

Meh, a poor attempt at mind games.

This is their last chance at salvaging an ounce of pride in what has been a hilarious series of embarrassments so he is doing his best to get the fans and players on his side.

40 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He's basically done Gerrards team talk for him, considering that we wrapped up the league a few weeks before the split it's quite funny. 

https://bit.ly/3g5BJar
Linked with another centre back. We definitely have something planned for that area come the summer.

I’d drive Goldson to anywhere that made an offer. I think he’s easily the worst central defender at Ibrox. He’s been part of an excellent defensive unit but when it’s went wrong on those few occasions he’s been to blame. Although he expertly manages to blame everyone else. Celtic’s goal in the last game being a case in point. My mate, however, thinks he’s the best defender to have graced a pitch.

6 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

I’d drive Goldson to anywhere that made an offer. I think he’s easily the worst central defender at Ibrox. He’s been part of an excellent defensive unit but when it’s went wrong on those few occasions he’s been to blame. Although he expertly manages to blame everyone else. Celtic’s goal in the last game being a case in point. My mate, however, thinks he’s the best defender to have graced a pitch.

You better be joking 🤣

You better be joking [emoji1787]

No not joking. Don’t rate him at all. Never have. He’s played well this season as part of an excellent side but I will always maintain he’s the weak link. Any good offer I’d bite the hand off the team that made it.

Just now, BigBo10 said:

No not joking. Don’t rate him at all. Never have. He’s played well this season as part of an excellent side but I will always maintain he’s the weak link. Any good offer I’d bite the hand off the team that made it.

Mate I'm sorry but that's nuts. Great on the ball, good at anticipation, good in the air and a threat from set pieces. Definitely our best CB and that's why I'm very much hoping that we can get him to sign a new deal.

Mate I'm sorry but that's nuts. Great on the ball, good at anticipation, good in the air and a threat from set pieces. Definitely our best CB and that's why I'm very much hoping that we can get him to sign a new deal.

Each to their own mate. It’s my opinion on him and I won’t ever change it. On another note Craig Moore (who was a top drawer centre half) looks old with that grey beard.

Just now, BigBo10 said:

Each to their own mate. It’s my opinion on him and I won’t ever change it. On another note Craig Moore (who was a top drawer centre half) looks old with that grey beard.

Aye he looks old now. Some player in his day.