Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

😂- the guy must spend every waking minute in a state of absolute seethe and then uses it ‘constructively’ on an anonymous football forum.

What a way to live your life 🤦‍♂️.

The worrying thing is he seems to be old enough to know better.

25 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

I respect your honesty. 

Is it not incredibly difficult to support an institution though, that you completely disagree with? 

If Aberdeen were like that, I'd probably do something else on a Saturday. 

When you're standing in an away end and a bunch of working class guys with modest incomes are changing about an elitist monarch worth millions, does it not make you cringe a bit? 

Have you ever reconsidered your support? Also, when do you think things got so staunch? Is this a 21st century thing? Or have Rangers and their fans always been this way?

Hi.  It would be a tough thing to step away from a team after 50 odd years. I think it is perfectly ok like a team but not like what some associated with the team say or do (or sing!) I think I saw through the stupidity of the sectarian garbage by the time I was about 16/17 and it's a pity that some others can't seem to leave the name calling and mob mentality behind them. It is not lost on me that some of the Rangers supporters in full seethe over racism will have no problems singing about aspects of religion and a certain nearby country.  The religious stuff is pretty bizarre as I doubt if any sizeable percentage of them will ever darken the doors of a church. Still, as I have no time for religion, that's not really my problem and if those who let religion play a major part in their lives are content, I dare say they are happy.

Don't get me wrong, like most others I've seen idiots in many grounds.  I spent some time in Fife, where, let's just say, some fan attitudes and behavior was less than exemplary.  My wife, who like me is from Glasgow, studied for a year at Aberdeen's Robert Gordons - she was told to leave a pub in Aberdeen by the staff as her accent was apparently "upsetting" some locals.  Glass houses mate!

I started going to Ibrox in the late1960s. There might not be quite as many nutters now as there were then, but they are stil about.  

Cheers. 

1 hour ago, CCB19035 said:

I respect your honesty. 

Is it not incredibly difficult to support an institution though, that you completely disagree with? 

If Aberdeen were like that, I'd probably do something else on a Saturday. 

When you're standing in an away end and a bunch of working class guys with modest incomes are changing about an elitist monarch worth millions, does it not make you cringe a bit? 

Have you ever reconsidered your support? Also, when do you think things got so staunch? Is this a 21st century thing? Or have Rangers and their fans always been this way?

Now, this may surprise you, but generally people go to watch the football mate.

Rangers are a football club first and foremost, nobody is forced to think a particular way.

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Except for when financial problems are being discussed. Funny that. 

It’s becoming a habit of folk on this thread to take parts of posts in isolation to change the subject of the debate.

I'm starting to like John Kennedy....

John Kennedy bravely declares Celtic are still 'best team in the country' as he says players won't accept Rangers power shift

The interim manager reckons the past two derbies against Rangers have shown his team are a far better side than their great rivals on their day.

John Kennedy insists Celtic are still Scottish football’s top dogs and can prove it by delivering a Scottish Cup KO to Rangers.

The Hoops caretaker boss watched Celtic demolish Livingston 6-0 on Saturday and he believes next weekend’s Old Firm fourth-round clash will banish any belief of a power shift across the city.

Kennedy was delighted with his men as they recorded their biggest home win of the season but his joy was tainted with an injury scare to winger star James Forrest.

The Scotland star is now a big doubt for next weekend’s cup showdown but Kennedy is still adamant they’ll arrive at Ibrox ready to show they’re the best side in the country

John Kennedy bravely declares Celtic are still 'best team in the country' as he says players won't accept Rangers power shift

The interim manager reckons the past two derbies against Rangers have shown his team are a far better side than their great rivals on their day.

John Kennedy insists Celtic are still Scottish football’s top dogs and can prove it by delivering a Scottish Cup KO to Rangers.

The Hoops caretaker boss watched Celtic demolish Livingston 6-0 on Saturday and he believes next weekend’s Old Firm fourth-round clash will banish any belief of a power shift across the city.

Kennedy was delighted with his men as they recorded their biggest home win of the season but his joy was tainted with an injury scare to winger star James Forrest.

The Scotland star is now a big doubt for next weekend’s cup showdown but Kennedy is still adamant they’ll arrive at Ibrox ready to show they’re the best side in the country

He is aware that Rangers have already won the league and beating them in one game wouldn't signify being the better team?

57 minutes ago, bennett said:

My favourite bit of it is this:

Kennedy cites their recent 1-1 draw with Rangers and and a 1-0 loss at Ibrox in January as reason to believe they have the better players.

He said: “I think the last game and the 60 minutes at Ibrox we showed that. From my point of view in terms of our level of performance, how we can play and create, there were a lot of positives.

😂😂😂😂😭😭😭😭

If chucking the cup tie on Sunday means Kennedy gets the job, we have to do it. The guy is an enormous dunce.