Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Just now, Drew Brees said:

Prob because he was a racist nazi. 

Which is why I was asking if they'd expect Kilmarnock to refuse to take part in the minutes silence for him at the weekend on those grounds.

Just now, bennett said:

Fcuk up Drew.

Truth seems to hurt royalist benny. 😂😂 

just go with the news and change racism for ‘gaffes, controversial wit, a bit outspoken, off-colour comments or politically incorrect remarks’. Whatever helps you cope. 

Just now, CCB19035 said:

I imagine some fans would rather their clubs didn't, they can't control that though. 

The difference is Rangers are the woats with all this royal Union Jack pish. 

Id find it utterly embarrassing to support a club so subservient to the monarchical rule. 

I can't control what Rangers do as much as you can control what your club does so there is no difference there.

To suggest passing on condolences after he has passed somehow undermines any sentiment of Anti-Racism is ridiculous which is what my original point was.

Just now, CCB19035 said:

Does it? 

If you're trying to be anti racist I disagree. 

You can't control what Rangers do but at the same time, it's literally the ENTIRE make up of the club. 

There's a photo of the queen in the dressing room ffs 😂 

Support someone else, who aren't as staunch and pathetic, maybe closer to home?

So, if I am getting this straight here, you’re suggesting that anyone who pays respects to the passing of Prince Philip cannot be anti-racist?

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

The guy did play in 2 charity games at Celtic park, one for Stan Petrovs leukaemia charity, the same disease that killed his mother at 43 yrs of age, but hey, as G51 said, passing on sympathy is an all time classic. 

Oops.  

3 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

What are they respecting? The legacy of a racist, who gained his wealth and prestige by being the member of a family, that for centuries committed genocide on people of colour? 

The exact tyrannical rule your club loves and takes great pride in pandering to? 

As the weegies say "rid neck"

They’re paying respects to the death of a member of the royal family.

So, again, is anyone paying respects to his passing therefore unable to be considered anti-racist?

6 minutes ago, stressball said:

I’d say they’d be hypocritical.

I find this difficult to grasp. Just because you send condolences after someone has passed does not mean you somehow support any racist comments they made.

1 minute ago, CCB19035 said:

A racist member of the royal family. 

That's the key point. 

You keep missing it, though. Try and overt any hypocrisy from the most bigoted institution in British football. 

All is well. 

The orange kids were for the old Dutch players too 😉 

Are you on the bevvy?

3 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

A racist member of the royal family. 

That's the key point. 

You keep missing it, though. Try and overt any hypocrisy from the most bigoted institution in British football. 

All is well. 

The orange kids were for the old Dutch players too 😉 

You’ve still not answered my question though so I’m not missing any point.

Is anybody paying respects to the passing of Prince Philip excluded from being anti-racist?

4 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

I'd say so. 

What respects are you paying, and to whom? and why? 

We have quite a long list of high profile people/clubs then that can no longer be considered anti-racist. Here’s a wee selection: