Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

They’ve already conducted preliminary fact finding, so I’d imagine this is them testing the waters. They already have a fairly good idea of what happened.

UEFA trying to hand Kamara a five game ban will go down like a lead balloon in the court of public opinion, and will be correctly recognised by all sensible people as enabling racism.

UEFA & FIFA have been enabling racism for years with their pathetic so called sanctions.

I hope this means UEFA are confident that he is guilty of what he is accused of and believe they will take action against him. I really don't want to hear of "insufficient evidence" after all of this.

18 minutes ago, AJF said:
For context, Article 14 is "Racism and other discriminatory conduct" and Article 15 is "Misconduct of players and officials".

I’m not the brightest button on the jacket, but wtf is this? They’ve opened disciplinary procedures against the Prague player, suspended him for one game before anything proven, and said that that doesn’t prejudice any further ruling. You would presume that Kamara has been charged because of the allegation of assault in the tunnel.

You would think that if both players are found guilty of what they are charged  with, Kamara will get a 2 game ban, and the Prague player a 12 match ban minimum.

Unpopular view, but if UEFA have any evidence of Kamara assaulting the guy then it puts them in a difficult position. It sets a dangerous precedent if they effectively green light assault in certain circumstances, even if the court of public opinion wouldn't mind it.

Clearly, Kudela would need to be given a very hefty punishment that outweighed anything Kamara got or it would be a farce.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Unpopular view, but if UEFA have any evidence of Kamara assaulting the guy then it puts them in a difficult position. It sets a dangerous precedent if they effectively green light assault in certain circumstances, even if the court of public opinion wouldn't mind it.

Clearly, Kudela would need to be given a very hefty punishment that outweighed anything Kamara got or it would be a farce.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily an unpopular view in fairness to you, it's realistic and I think most will appreciate that if there is evidence, then Kamara will likely face some kind of sanction. I just hope it'll get mitigated somewhat if they can argue he was in a state of distress or whatever way they want to describe it.

If you firmly believe that Kamara acted improperly (I don’t), and you want to sanction him, then there needs to be recognition that he reacted under extreme duress and in reaction to racist abuse. Anything more than a token fine is too much. A five match ban is tantamount to both-sidesing it, and is completely unacceptable.

49 minutes ago, G51 said:

Kamara should not be banned. I doubt UEFA would have the stomach for that fight.

Too good a player to be banned in slippys opinion. 

Edited by Drew Brees

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

My title-winning captain 😍

The obvious move for everyone. Gives us a year for Patterson to compete against him, plus a window next summer where he can go to England aged 30 for a crack at the Prem if he fancies it.

They must already know that Kudela is getting a lenghty ban, otherwise why ban him for this weeks game. Forget 10 games, 10 months from all competition is more like it.

I get that the kneeling before every game is coming to an end, and rightly so*, but everyone is watching for how hard a line Uefa take here to how serious they see these issues.

* i say rightly so because it just feels like everyone is kneeling becuse the authorites have told them to. we feel miles away from the origional idea / movement

7 minutes ago, G51 said:

If you firmly believe that Kamara acted improperly (I don’t), and you want to sanction him, then there needs to be recognition that he reacted under extreme duress and in reaction to racist abuse. Anything more than a token fine is too much. A five match ban is tantamount to both-sidesing it, and is completely unacceptable.

I agree with you, i don't think he acted improperly but you can not have players taking things into their own hands and i am guessing that's what Uefa are looking at here.

i am not sure I (or most people) would have acted any different to Kamara if it had happened to me. Its alright saying turn the other cheek but its not easy.

2 minutes ago, steelmen said:

I agree with you, i don't think he acted improperly but you can not have players taking things into their own hands and i am guessing that's what Uefa are looking at here.

i am not sure I (or most people) would have acted any different to Kamara if it had happened to me. Its alright saying turn the other cheek but its not easy.

You absolutely can have players taking it into their own hands. It’s unrealistic to expect people to react perfectly to that. If the rules don’t reflect that, they need to.

How could you possibility legislate for that? Which offences would you be allowed to retaliate to without punishment? What degree of retaliation would be acceptable within these rules? Would he still be immune from punishment if he put him in a coma?

The important thing here is that if Kudela is found guilty, which I expect he will be, then his punishment far outstrips that of Kamara, which I'm sure it will. If Kamara did assault the guy and it was reported then I don't see how they can turn a blind eye to that though.

Just now, craigkillie said:

How could you possibility legislate for that? Which offences would you be allowed to retaliate to without punishment? What degree of retaliation would be acceptable within these rules? Would he still be immune from punishment if he put him in a coma?

Yeah, this. Whilst we'd all love the boy to get what he deserves, UEFA can't possibly allow for it in the rules. It's naive to think otherwise.

That's not to say you can't provide mitigating circumstances in any guilty verdict.

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The important thing here is that if Kudela is found guilty, which I expect he will be, then his punishment far outstrips that of Kamara, which I'm sure it will. If Kamara did assault the guy and it was reported then I don't see how they can turn a blind eye to that though.

By not having blanket five game bans for assault. It then allows for context to be incorporated into the punishment. 

Like I said, a five game ban is effectively both sidesing it, and is completely unacceptable.

42 minutes ago, steelmen said:

They must already know that Kudela is getting a lenghty ban, otherwise why ban him for this weeks game. 

Think he’s already admitted a lesser charge which carries a 1 game ban, so at the least he’ll be missing the arsenal game.  

30 minutes ago, G51 said:

By not having blanket five game bans for assault. It then allows for context to be incorporated into the punishment. 

Like I said, a five game ban is effectively both sidesing it, and is completely unacceptable.

This is a ban for an off the field attack on people - I don't see an issue at all with having a minimum for these because it's not a heat of the moment incident or anything like that. The context will still be taken into account, because I'd imagine that seeking out and battering an opponent for no reason would lead to a ban substantially longer than five games.

Edited by craigkillie

Even with the clear provocation and circumstances UEFA still have to give Kamara a ban if they find him guilty of assault. If not then they will have players lamping opponents all over the place as retaliation.

Whatever the minimum is for Kamara’s offence is what he should get and whatever the maximum for the racists offence is what he should get.