Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

20 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

So less than Jones and Edmundson got, makes no sense. 

Correct, it's been very inconsistent the whole season.

8 Aberdeen players who went to a pub and then trained with their team mates missed 0 matches as their 3 game bans were all suspended.

Bolingoli flew to a different country to get his hole, then trained with his team mates and played in a match only got a 3 match ban with a further 2 suspended.

Yet, Jones and Edmundson attended a party and got 7 game bans each, and now the 5 Rangers players who had a game of monopoly together get 4 match bans with a further 2 suspended. In each of these instances, Rangers took immediate action that prevented them coming into contact with their team mates but they still received the harshest punishments.

Absolutely no consistency whatsoever.

The five will have gotten a less severe ban because they were with their partners and each other.

Jones and Edmundson were with lassies that they didn’t live with/see regularly.

If Balogun isn’t fit, Leon King will play RB vs Cove.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The lockdown situations were very different in August to November/February, and that must surely have played a part too.

I thought this too but then I questioned whether it would be up to the SFA to punish players based on the lockdown situations. I'd assume they'd only have the power to punish players for breaching Football's covid guidelines set out by the SFA and agreed with the clubs.

I just can't fathom a situation where a player leaving the country, returning, training with his teammates and playing in a match can be treated more leniently than some players playing monopoly in someone's house.

19 minutes ago, G51 said:

The five will have gotten a less severe ban because they were with their partners and each other.

Jones and Edmundson were with lassies that they didn’t live with/see regularly.

If Balogun isn’t fit, Leon King will play RB vs Cove.

You’re making stuff up now, In both cases the charges were for breaching rules 24 and 77. Nothing to do with who they were with or where they were. 

19 minutes ago, AJF said:

I just can't fathom a situation where a player leaving the country, returning, training with his teammates and playing in a match can be treated more leniently than some players playing monopoly in someone's house.

Celtic, and Aberdeen, were both fined and had a 2 game suspension on the back of their breaches, a tad more severe than banning a handful of fringe players for 4 games. 

15 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

You’re making stuff up now, In both cases the charges were for breaching rules 24 and 77. Nothing to do with who they were with or where they were. 

The context of what you did matters when deciding punishment. That is one of the basic principles of every disciplinary system.

Edited by G51

18 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Celtic, and Aberdeen, were both fined and had a 2 game suspension on the back of their breaches, a tad more severe than banning a handful of fringe players for 4 games. 

In what way is it more severe? Aberdeen were not denied the services of those players due to suspension and Bolingoli was banned for less matches than the other examples provided.

Edited by AJF

15 minutes ago, AJF said:

In what way is it more severe? Aberdeen were not denied the services of those players due to suspension and Bolingoli was banned for less matches than the other examples provided.

See the post you quoted for answer. 

3 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

See the post you quoted for answer. 

But your initial point was about the inconsistency of the suspension lengths... I agreed with you and pointed out the inconsistencies but now it's fine because Celtic and Aberdeen were fined?

1 minute ago, AJF said:

But your initial point was about the inconsistency of the suspension lengths... I agreed with you and pointed out the inconsistencies but now it's fine because Celtic and Aberdeen were fined?

My point is in each case the penalties seem to get less and less. I could be wrong but I was expecting more from yesterday’s hearing. Not that it matters in the slightest. 

9 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Objection - speculation 

You’re tying yourself up in knots here. On one hand you are saying the 5 players getting different punishments to Jones and Edmundson makes no sense but on the other hand you are saying that the severity of the offence does not dictate the severity of the punishment.

You can’t have it both ways.

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

My point is in each case the penalties seem to get less and less. I could be wrong but I was expecting more from yesterday’s hearing. Not that it matters in the slightest. 

Less and less? We are talking about the players being punished here, not the clubs.

Aberdeen’s 8 served no suspensions. Bolingoli got a 3 match suspension. Jones and Edmundson got 7 games each and now the five players here got 4 games each. How is that less and less.

On 27/03/2021 at 16:06, gaz5 said:

Absolutely no doubt Aribo is technically brilliant with a football.

I had reservations, well publicised, around the rest of his game from what I'd seen of him from November - about January, but he came onto a game for sure and finished the season looking a far more complete player, rather than a luxury player.

picked up in any journals I would know? 

25 minutes ago, AJF said:

You’re tying yourself up in knots here. On one hand you are saying the 5 players getting different punishments to Jones and Edmundson makes no sense but on the other hand you are saying that the severity of the offence does not dictate the severity of the punishment.

You can’t have it both ways.

The 2 rules that they broke are quite clear and I’d be surprised if the sentence was lesser due to the ‘I was playing monopoly with my burd’ excuse. 

8 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

The 2 rules that they broke are quite clear and I’d be surprised if the sentence was lesser due to the ‘I was playing monopoly with my burd’ excuse. 

But if you break it down to it’s simplest form: the two groups of players broke the same rules yet received different punishments. If the severity of the breach is not considered when deciding the severity of the punishment, then what explains the difference? 

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

But if you break it down to it’s simplest form: the two groups of players broke the same rules yet received different punishments. If the severity of the breach is not considered when deciding the severity of the punishment, then what explains the difference? 

Reading the rules I wouldn’t have thought so but maybe you’re right and the severity of the breach was considered, either that or attitudes towards the pandemic are lessoning. 

I would think the monopoly 5 deserved a harsher punishment than the eat out 8 as their breech was worse. We were in total lockdown when they decided to have a game, compared to only meet x amount of households. Can’t remember what type of restrictions we were under for the other 2 rangers players.

Bolingoli deserved the book thrown at him and a much harsher punishment than he got. His breech was idiotic of the highest order.