Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

12 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Can you honestly guarantee if Celtic won the ten last night that a similar outcome wouldn't have happened?

Celtic just won 9 titles and 4 trebles and nothing like this occurred, but no, I couldn’t guarantee it.  

Edited by Drew Brees

5 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Can you honestly guarantee if Celtic won the ten last night that a similar outcome wouldn't have happened?

Aye you're right, that makes it all fine and we should all just move on to other subjects.

53 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

Lets Go Wow GIF by Godzilla vs. Kong

That's me roasted.  

I'm not trying to "roast" you, I thought your made up wee story was quite entertaining, did everyone start clapping? 

14 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

I love how you ignored everything else he said and focused on ridiculing a tale you know he could never prove. Keep burying that head in the sand my man.

Why'd you love that? What's my head in the sand over? 

18 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Old Firm fans and their fucking love of whataboutery.

'Aye, we acted like utter c***s, but wHAt abOUt them!!!!!' Without exception, every single fucking time. And in most cases, you don't even get the first half of that sentence.

I get you're an Aberdeen fan but you're just helping that narrative. It's a disgrace.

Edited by Ludo*1

10 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Did some folk not try smash the team bus because they lost a few games?

A few folk acting through anger shouldn’t equate to thousands acting through joy, esp as the last decade shows they know how to celebrate sensibly 

Edited by Drew Brees

Just now, CCB19035 said:

It shows you've no answer for the majority of what he said. All you could do was poke a hole in an admittedly dubious story. 

There's a theme occurring here, if you were smarter, you'd notice it.

I wasn't in conversation with the guy, why should I have an answer when he wasn't talking to me, I'd be happy to answer whatever it is I'm meant to he arguing about here? 

There's a theme of you posting shite in Rangers threads and not understanding that using sectarian terms when trying to take moral high ground is quite frankly ridiculously stupid. 

2 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Did some folk not try smash the team bus because they lost a few games?

So to try draw a comparison you choose scenarios from the complete opposite ends of the emotional spectrum? People don't react the same way when they are upset to when they are happy and celebrating. 

But yes a couple of fans ran in front of a bus after the St Johnstone game i believe and threw something at it which was completely out of order. 

The only thing you have to compare to is when Celtic won the 9 and the most controversial thing that happened was someone fly a flag over the City Chambers however there is no one who can guarantee what would have happened if we won the 10, i would like to think it would no where near resemble last night 

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The only thing you have to compare to is when Celtic won the 9 and the most controversial thing that happened was someone fly a flag over the City Chambers however there is no one who can guarantee what would have happened if we won the 10, i would like to think it would no where near resemble last night 

My mate Barry smashed the lamp shade on his ceiling light when we clinched the historic quadruple treble. 

20 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

I hate Rangers, but I'm not going to slag off their fans for doing something I would definitely have done had Aberdeen won the league.

You'd have destroyed memorial benches?

Fair play for admitting that.

Just now, CCB19035 said:

I mean, its a fair comparison, if you're talking about behaviour from fans. You're downplaying what went on earlier in the season, I also believe Celtic fans congregated prior to the Scottish Cup Final...

I'm not slagging it off, if Aberdeen fans weren't so apathetic at the moment I dare say there could've been a time where I found myself outside the Main Stand door after another drab 0-0, or as I Said before, had we won the league there'd be nae way I'd sit on my hands in the house. 

My point to you is, point scoring about specific incidents of fans behaviour, regardless of the emotional spectrum or whatever, is pointless and petty. 

I'm not downplaying anything, i've been super critical of our fans behaviour re protests or mass gatherings and i've been very critical of what happened last night.

But it's extremely narrow minded to assume just because your a fan of a certain club your criticism is motivated by the need to score points and not something deeper and more personal. 

3 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

What the f**k are you talking about? 

How is going unbeaten in the league more impressive than going unbeaten in the league and BOTH cups? :lol: 

Reasons...

Just now, CCB19035 said:

Does it matter what the emotions behind it were? Smashing up benches and chucking fences about, as well as throwing shit at a team bus and cornering your own players in the stadium, is all viewed as deplorable behaviour. 

Granted, I quite liked the fact that the Celtic fans voiced their anger in that way, it got the message across. I only wish Dons fans would do the same.

Yes it matters a lot.

People behave very differently depending on the emotion driving it. You aren't likely to celebrate a success by walking up and punching one of your mates or likely to give someone a hug and a hi5 for smashing your windows are you?

Just now, CCB19035 said:

Does it matter what the emotions behind it were? Smashing up benches and chucking fences about, as well as throwing shit at a team bus and cornering your own players in the stadium, is all viewed as deplorable behaviour. 

Granted, I quite liked the fact that the Celtic fans voiced their anger in that way, it got the message across. I only wish Dons fans would do the same.

Err yes? I don't agree with what the Celtic fans did but I wasnt raging at them tbh. Im not going to be all Maude Flanders either and criticise Rangers fans for celebrating as I would probably have been out celebrating myself if we won 10IAR yesterday.
However if I seen or heard fans belting out bigoted songs, smashing up stuff and scrapping with folk I would have left in disgust. Its meant to be a celebration of winning a title.

20 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I'm sorry but comparing the behaviour of a protest to that of celebrating a league title is fucking ridiculous.

It really isn’t. Both sets of fans decided to break strict stay at home orders and act in a violent manner due to the outcome of a football match.  If we had to boil it down further then literally the only argument is the Celtic fans actions were even less understandable as they were out on the streets because the team they follow lost a game of fucking football. I wouldn’t take that stance though, both sets of fans acted in exactly the same deplorable manner with no justification.