Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

The Radio Scotland 9.00 phone-in is going to be about yesterday's "celebrations". I really hope that our less sane followers shut the f*** up and stay away from it.  Idiots trying to defend the indefensible might think they would be helping, but they really won't be.   The phone-in is just an example of what I mentioned yesterday - giving the haters another opportunity to have a go.  We have lost so few goals so far this season - own goals like that are bloody infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

I'd just like to say that sevco and their *** fans have let everyone down.

I mean...not one inflatable shark?

come on, you really think we'd let you down like that?

1 minute ago, Ylf said:

lockdown probably be extended now. selfish p***ks. kick in the teeth for people working in hospitals etc. what right do you have to act like this. indefensible. selfish p***ks

Lockdown is not a form of punishment to be inflicted on us by the ruling classes whenever we step out of line.

If the SNP decides to extend the lockdown because some football fans had an outdoors party, it will say everything you need to know about the collection of centrist technocrats currently running Holyrood.

Rangers and some of their fans have let themselves down here. Thoroughly deserve to win the title and there can be no argument with that however spilling onto the streets getting utterly pissed up to the extent that they start fighting with themselves, vandalising storefronts, graffiti, performing sexual acts on themselves is reprehensible.

The club at the very least could have put something out telling people to stay at home however they, the players and manager seemed to be welcoming and encouraging it despite the interviews to be “humble”. 

Celebrate your title by all means, rub it in the faces of Celtic fans you have earned that however for anyone to revel, enjoy or excuse this behaviour needs to have a word with themselves. Utterly classless. 

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Rangers and some of their fans have let themselves down here. Thoroughly deserve to win the title and there can be no argument with that however spilling onto the streets getting utterly pissed up to the extent that they start fighting with themselves, vandalising storefronts, graffiti, performing sexual acts on themselves is reprehensible.

The club at the very least could have put something out telling people to stay at home however they, the players and manager seemed to be welcoming and encouraging it despite the interviews to be “humble”. 

Celebrate your title by all means, rub it in the faces of Celtic fans you have earned that however for anyone to revel, enjoy or excuse this behaviour needs to have a word with themselves. Utterly classless. 

Celtic fans should probably remember that whichever side won the title this year was going to get this from the middle-class freaks who hate football and it's supporters and would quite like to see the police take a baton to them.

Personally, I'm way beyond the point where I'm interested in shaming people for breaking lockdown. We've been in lockdown for a year now. Something good happened to some people, they went outside and celebrated it in a way that is much lower risk than the alternative, which would have been congregating in the houses of their friends and families.

There was absolutely no point in the club releasing a statement saying "please go home" because absolutely no c**t would have paid it any attention. They did however make announcements over the tannoy at Ibrox telling people to disperse, which is far more effective.

ALFREDO MORELOS' family and friends have been pictured joining in the Rangers title celebrations.
The Light Blues were confirmed as the Scottish Premiership champions earlier today following Celtic's draw with Dundee United.

unnamed-6.jpg

ome of his family and friends were decked out in a range of Rangers tops as they hailed the new Scottish champion.

The Fundacion Alfredo Morelos social media pages shared a series of snaps of the family and a message translated to English read: "This is how the family of our player @alfredomorelos30 celebrated Rangers' 55th title.

"His parents Alfredo Morelos and Martha Aviles, his grandmother Bertha Atala, his sisters, cousins, nephews, the director of our foundation and other friends, gathered to celebrate this great triumph of #Alfie. We are all people

GERSTROPHYS_TWITT-1.png

10 minutes ago, G51 said:

Personally, I'm way beyond the point where I'm interested in shaming people for breaking lockdown. We've been in lockdown for a year now. Something good happened to some people, they went outside and celebrated it in a way that is much lower risk than the alternative, which would have been congregating in the houses of their friends and families.

Yip, a super spreader event, what’s not to like 

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

Celtic fans should probably remember that whichever side won the title this year was going to get this from the middle-class freaks who hate football and it's supporters and would quite like to see the police take a baton to them.

There was absolutely no point in the club releasing a statement saying "please go home" because absolutely no c**t would have paid it any attention. They did however make announcements over the tannoy at Ibrox telling people to disperse, which is far more effective.

Can they hear that tannoy at George square? And the certainly weren’t playing anything over tannoys at Auchenhowie or looked to be making much effort to disperse crowds, the very opposite in fact. 

And you spectacularly miss the point, the point wasn’t specifically about breaking lockdown but the behaviour of people unless of course you think scenes of people fighting, vandalising shops and graffiti, anti-Catholic singing and sexual deviance are an appropriate way to celebrate 🤷‍♂️

There will be a fair few PnBers disappointed that they can't blame Sevco for damaging euro games....

UEFA have distanced themselves from claims they could remove Glasgow as a host city for Euro 2020 as a result of Rangers fans celebrating the club’s title win – reiterating their commitment to hosting games in all 12 cities originally selected

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Yip, a super spreader event, what’s not to like 

People said the same thing about BLM, about crammed beaches in the summer, about Liverpool and Leeds fans having big title parties - none of them led to an increase in cases.

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Can they hear that tannoy at George square? And the certainly weren’t playing anything over tannoys at Auchenhowie or looked to be making much effort to disperse crowds, the very opposite in fact. 

And you spectacularly miss the point, the point wasn’t specifically about breaking lockdown but the behaviour of people unless of course you think scenes of people fighting, vandalising shops and graffiti, anti-Catholic singing and sexual deviance are an appropriate way to celebrate 🤷‍♂️

Absolutely no one would have paid any attention to a statement telling fans to clear George Square, and everyone knows it.

I'm not going to sit here and moralise over it. Scots are spectacularly good at getting pished and making a c**t of ourselves, we do it better than anyone. I wouldn't call out Celtic fans for breaking lockdown with an enormous party to celebrate the ten, so I won't call out Rangers fans either. I'm kinda honest like that (and exceptionally humble too).

Half the people crying over this are classists c***s who look down on Old Firm fans as little more than pond life, and the other half are people who just simply don't like that Rangers won the title and fans are enjoying it.

Sectarian singing is obviously unacceptable, but it won't be eradicated overnight and requires a lot of work from everyone involved to get there. Point scoring doesn't help. Some guy wanking in the middle of the street tells me the guy has some issues he needs to work out, and isn't really indicative of a "night of shame" or whatever it's being portrayed as.