Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

And ‘only’ about 80 million in losses since the inception of Sevco too.

And we've stopped you winning the one league title you've been singing about since 2013. The one you wanted more than all the others. The one you thought was inevitable.

Edited by DMCs

11 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I wouldn't criticise the Rangers supporters for being there, I also wouldn't expect Rangers (the club/company/whatever it is these days) to criticise their own fans for being there. The one crass moment I thought was the players going to acknowledge the gathering, thus legitimising it.

It doesn't need condemned, but I think encouraging it or legitimising it isn't exactly what's needed either.

Gerard filming his arrival at ibrox wasn’t exactly ideal either.

32 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Have you been to matches involving the old firm before? This is standard practice.

The fact the stewards just stood and clapped while Rangers players ran to a corner to encourage fans to start a crush to see them, says it all about how differently these clubs are treated to the rest.

Understand the emotion of the win etc., but the whole thing is just reckless/immature. It's only football FFS.

17 minutes ago, DMCs said:

And we've stopped you winning the one league title you've been singing about since 2013. The one you wanted more than all the others. The one you thought was inevitable.

I certainly didn't think it was inevitable but cheers for the video of some bigot singing. I suppose I will just have to make do with 15 titles out of the past 20 years and 4 trebles on the bounce. I would just enjoy your title when it comes rather than worrying about what others think. 

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

You realise you're effectively Romeo at this point don't you?

I'm sure he's literally used that tweet before.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I’m just laughing that your head is so detached from your body that you think match stewards should be enforcing the law.

Just now, G51 said:

I’m just laughing that your head is so detached from your body that you think match stewards should be enforcing the law.

The stewards should probably have kept the corner gate shut and not allowed players to create that situation, I've no idea what "law" you're on about m8.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

The stewards should probably have kept the corner gate shut and not allowed players to create that situation, I've no idea what "law" you're on about m8.

The corner gate was shut.

The job of a steward is not to prevent players “encouraging” fans. You’ve then made up some nonsense about there being a crush to justify that view.

Just now, G51 said:

The corner gate was shut.

The job of a steward is not to prevent players “encouraging” fans. You’ve then made up some nonsense about there being a crush to justify that view.

The players went through it to interact with a crowd who were behind crush barriers. Take a guess at what happens when players start appearing in their view.

Quite amusing seeing this debate and the justifications being thrown.

I think 99% of people would sympathise with a spontaneous explosion of emotion if there had been a dramatic event to cause this. let’s be honest, the title was won months ago and it’s not even official yet. This was pre planned, orchestrated gathering so the club and the fanboys on here can spare us the emotional argument. 

The frustrating thing for people is not the gathering itself but fans, the club and even the media desperately trying to justify it. 

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just popped in to see if you were still making stuff up and making a rip roaring c**t of yourself.

Can confirm.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The players went through it to interact with a crowd who were behind crush barriers. Take a guess at what happens when players start appearing in their view.

Please demonstrate where:

a) the corner gate is open

b) the players go through it

c) any evidence at all of a crush yesterday

Just now, G51 said:

Please demonstrate where:

a) the corner gate is open

b) the players go through it

c) any evidence at all of a crush yesterday

See that big gap where the players are able to run through, I'd assumed like every other ground that can be closed off.

Apologies if I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Quite amusing seeing this debate and the justifications being thrown.

I think 99% of people would sympathise with a spontaneous explosion of emotion if there had been a dramatic event to cause this. let’s be honest, the title was won months ago and it’s not even official yet. This was pre planned, orchestrated gathering so the club and the fanboys on here can spare us the emotional argument. 

The frustrating thing for people is not the gathering itself but fans, the club and even the media desperately trying to justify it. 

The club planned it? Where?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

See that big gap where the players are able to run through, I'd assumed like every other ground that can be closed off.

Apologies if I'm wrong.

It is closed off. That’s what the blue gates do. It remained closed off throughout yesterday. 

You can’t just make things up and use it to justify your anger.

Imagine being so aggressively and performatively outraged about people not doing their jobs properly based on an assumption you've made with zero knowledge or background, to the point you're repeatedly telling someone familiar with the situation that they are wrong.