Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

4 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

This has nothing to do with the Rangers thread. Feel free to ask me such questions over at the Politics bit. 

You mentioned the Government not me.

Let's face it Rangers and politics are intertwined. 

Mention SNP and see the heads gone with you lot.

Edited by WilliamBragg

I wouldn't criticise the Rangers supporters for being there, I also wouldn't expect Rangers (the club/company/whatever it is these days) to criticise their own fans for being there. The one crass moment I thought was the players going to acknowledge the gathering, thus legitimising it.

It doesn't need condemned, but I think encouraging it or legitimising it isn't exactly what's needed either.

As an aside, I don't understand the obsession with these kind of things. The Dons have won one trophy in my adult life, I was at Parkhead, I didn't feel the need to go to the Open top bus parade because I'd experienced everything I needed to in the stadium that day. I get that the Rangers and St J fans couldn't be in the stadium today or last week but I don't think I'd have been at Pittodrie under the same circumstances.

18 minutes ago, WilliamBragg said:

5000 gather and the police do nothing.

If it was 5000 protesting against Global warming would it have seen the same reaction from the police?

Stop posting today man seriously.

1 minute ago, Mr Heliums said:

Honestly - the BBC just complicit in this behaviour to the extent it's almost encouraging them. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 21.30.37.png

It's baffling. Considering the constant bombardment of Covid related stuff on their website, to basically just brush this to one side of bizarre. 

5 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Last post for the night as I'm up early tomorrow.

I don't know if I'm completely losing it or going deaf or imagining it or whatever the f**k, but for a sizeable looking outside crowd shouting football related stuff that sounds kind of hushed/muted almost?? Might simply be that it's not full blown since the title isn't official/mathematically completely done and dusted yet, idk.

1 minute ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I don't know if I'm completely losing it or going deaf or imagining it or whatever the f**k, but for a sizeable looking outside crowd shouting football related stuff that sounds kind of hushed/muted almost?? Might simply be that it's not full blown since the title isn't official/mathematically completely done and dusted yet, idk.

Ahah nah when I watched it I thought they're whisper singing because they know it's a red neck, tounge in cheek..

If it was 5000 protesting against Global warming would it have seen the same reaction from the police?
Yes. If you have any ideas on how the police can safely and effectively deal with/arrest 5000 fans at the same time (more than the number of police officers on duty throughout the entire country) them you should write to the Chief Constable immediately and offer your services.

1 hour ago, WilliamBragg said:

Nope I work for the council mate and have done for a long time  has been for 20 years

And he takes no lip off nobody
And litter off the gutter
Puts it in a bag
And never thinks to mutter
And he packs his lunch in a Sunblest bag
The children call him Bogie
He never lets on
But I know 'cause he once told me
He let me know a secret about the money in his kitty
He's gonna buy a dinghy
Gonna call her Dignity

46 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

To be fair to the Rangers fans (did I just say that?), the other mob were singing that before they got to five, so sing away. Can’t wait to see what new song the Green Brigade kids will come up with to replace 10 in a row.

5 hours ago, WilliamBragg said:

No I am a decent law abiding citizen. 

People like you and every single person outside Ibrox today should be at the Job Centre on Monday.

It is people like me who are clearing up the mess people like you are causing. 

Surely so many folk at the job centre further increases risk of infection ?

18 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Surely so many folk at the job centre further increases risk of infection ?

Would teach them on what being law abiding citizens means.

Something they clearly have no comprehension of.

Edited by WilliamBragg

3 hours ago, energyzone said:
4 hours ago, WilliamBragg said:

Yes. If you have any ideas on how the police can safely and effectively deal with/arrest 5000 fans at the same time (more than the number of police officers on duty throughout the entire country) them you should write to the Chief Constable immediately and offer your services.

How about doing the job we pay them o do.

They're quick enough to lift people lying in the road to protest about nuclear weapons but not wee daftness with an Union flag.

Arrest a few and they'll soon disperse. 

These clowns know what a weekender is and won't want to do one.