Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

5 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Some number of reported pre-contract deals. We must have significant interest in some of our players and a few sales quite likely.

My take is we're simply trying to upgrade the squad players again.

Maybe the strategy is to churn through some of those players. Edmundson, Katic, Jones, Stewart, Barker etc.

Slightly OT, but one of Paul DePodestas (the guy from Moneyball) core beliefs is in constantly turning over the bottom of your squad, to maximise the chance of you finding a diamond in the rough. It feels like good practice for squad management.

Interested to know the thinking behind this one.
Big ask just to keep him fit, above anything else.

Replacement for Kent is my thinking. Kent, Morelos and Kamara are our big sellable assets this year and from what I’ve read the transfer policy seems to be looking at replacing them.

9 hours ago, G51 said:

My take is we're simply trying to upgrade the squad players again.

Maybe the strategy is to churn through some of those players. Edmundson, Katic, Jones, Stewart, Barker etc.

Slightly OT, but one of Paul DePodestas (the guy from Moneyball) core beliefs is in constantly turning over the bottom of your squad, to maximise the chance of you finding a diamond in the rough. It feels like good practice for squad management.

It's Simpson that is an interesting one to me considering his age and how many players we already have there. I guess yeah could mean Katic leaving and hopefully we would at least make our money back on him.

As others said yesterday,  a few fringe players look like they'll be on their out then as we look to improve the squad.  Will we do a deal to get him here in the window or just wait till May?

McInnes: "Come on, Scott. Turning down this move to Ibrox could end up being the best thing that ever happens to you. I rejected offers from other clubs and stayed at Aberdeen. Twice. And look at me – now I *draw* against Celtic!"

Because someone posted up the change since Gerrard took over because of his 150th game.

From the 5-0 game before Gerrard took over, Rangers have two surviving players (Tav and Alfie, discounting Murphy and McCrorie as loans with obligations to buy) 

Celtic have ten surviving players.

This season, Tav and Alfie have 2 more goals and 2 more assists than all of them combined. 

😃

18 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I do love it when this moonhowler gets retweeted onto my timeline, but this is fucking something else. 

Love the reference to Leicester and Vardy. This guy should be writing for the Sun.

By the following summer, Vardy was in a team chasing the title and would finish the campaign a mere goal behind the Golden Boot winner Harry Kane. Nevertheless, he swept the Player of the Year awards and found himself the first pick for England.

What was the secret of his incredible success?

“Three Red Bulls, a double espresso and an omelette” on the day of each game.

The loons have turned a P&B thread into AFC Chat it's that salty over there - because we signed that A'deen squad player who is going out of contract - with one wee lamb equating joining Rangers to murdering your mother!

The worst of it is they think there's actual rivalry between us and them!!

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The loons have turned a P&B thread into AFC Chat it's that salty over there - because we signed that A'deen squad player who is going out of contract - with one wee lamb equating joining Rangers to murdering your mother!

The worst of it is they think there's actual rivalry between us and them!!

Yeah this is the bit I don't really get. Games against Aberdeen are big games, sure, but in the same way that a game against Hibs or Hearts is. They're the bigger teams in Scotland so the games are a bit more competitive.

I get that there would have been a bit of rivalry between the teams during the Ferguson era and the late eighties when they were our main title rival, but that's over thirty years ago. Lots of us weren't even born then.

The only people who think this is a rivalry are Aberdeen fans, and I presume it's because they don't have a derby, so they need to pretend that it's a big deal.

Thread was a good laugh though.

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

Yeah this is the bit I don't really get. Games against Aberdeen are big games, sure, but in the same way that a game against Hibs or Hearts is. They're the bigger teams in Scotland so the games are a bit more competitive.

I get that there would have been a bit of rivalry between the teams during the Ferguson era and the late eighties when they were our main title rival, but that's over thirty years ago. Lots of us weren't even born then.

The only people who think this is a rivalry are Aberdeen fans, and I presume it's because they don't have a derby, so they need to pretend that it's a big deal.

Thread was a good laugh though.

It was quite amusing in a car crash sort of way.

Young McCrorie going there on loan to a permanent deal and us all wishing him well indicates that this is an entirely one way rivalry.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

It was quite amusing in a car crash sort of way.

Young McCrorie going there on loan to a permanent deal and us all wishing him well indicates that this is an entirely one way rivalry.

The AFC Chat thread on Wright is something else eh.

Reminds me of that video of the offshore worker that got chucked out of Oran Mor.

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

The AFC Chat thread on Wright is something else eh.

Reminds me of that video of the offshore worker that got chucked out of Oran Mor.

I was just reading it and some of the comments are shockers.  This, though, was amusing, "Everybody's getting their panties in a bunch about a footballer with good potential who's been totally mismanaged by a bearded charlatan midget incompetent c**t. The bitterness about someone choosing to earn seven times as much elsewhere is staggering."