Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

14 points clear now, starting to get a wee bit of a safety net.

If Celtic drop two more points and us between now and the game at Sharkhead, we can win the title there.

That would be sweeeeeeeeeeet.

29 minutes ago, G51 said:

If Celtic drop two more points and us between now and the game at Sharkhead, we can win the title there.

That would be sweeeeeeeeeeet.

I'd love nothing more than a tight fiery 0-0 at 90+ 2 minutes with Tav chesting it down then absolutely launching one top corner to win it. I want to see the trophy in that mans hands! He came up as a bit of a fly boy a bit of a poser, but he's now been forged into a Rangers Captain. He needs that title. 

@markmcadamtv

Rangers have today made contact with Bournemouth over potential moves for defender Jack Simpson and Nnamdi Ofoborh. Steven Gerrard has been a long time admirer of Simpson, who is out of contract in the summer. Cardiff had a 750k bid accepted for Simpson last week.

Don't know anything about either of them. Ofoborh played in Wycombes run to the Championship in 19/20 but hasn't had a sniff at Bournemouth. 21 year old central midfielder.

Simpson is a 24 year old CB that has barely played any football.

51 minutes ago, G51 said:

@markmcadamtv

Rangers have today made contact with Bournemouth over potential moves for defender Jack Simpson and Nnamdi Ofoborh. Steven Gerrard has been a long time admirer of Simpson, who is out of contract in the summer. Cardiff had a 750k bid accepted for Simpson last week.

Don't know anything about either of them. Ofoborh played in Wycombes run to the Championship in 19/20 but hasn't had a sniff at Bournemouth. 21 year old central midfielder.

Simpson is a 24 year old CB that has barely played any football.

Chris Jack seems to have confirmed that the interest in these two is real.

Encouraging. Not sure it’s the specific areas of the pitch that we’re needing reinforcements but nice to see proactive investment. To me there’s a lot of older players making up the core just now (Davis, Arfield, Shagger,etc) where an injury could become a career ender and then theres bound to be interest from some in a couple of the younger guys (Kent, Kamala, Morelos) in the summer and suddenly the squad could be looking fairly thin. 

4 hours ago, TommyLeePwns said:

Super score board is so salty tonight I'm gonna end up with ulcers in ma ears!

Doesn't interest me that much.

We've had The Hapless Hoopies posting utter dreck incessantly for years on the Rangers threads and I find their silence much more satisfying.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Lads, I think I might do it.

I'm going to sleep on it tonight, but I think I might declare the league championship over tomorrow.

Bit early.  I'd leave it a week or two.

I would like some ideas on what to change the thread title to once it is beyond doubt, though.  

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Bit early.  I'd leave it a week or two.

I would like some ideas on what to change the thread title to once it is beyond doubt, though.  

I dunno tbh. 1/100 on at the bookies, SPI index giving us a >99% chance... I think it's harder to make a credible case for it not being over.

I'll sleep on it.

As for the thread title, my nomination goes to "The Peoples Champs - The Glasgow Rangers Thread"

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Doesn't interest me that much.

We've had The Hapless Hoopies posting utter dreck incessantly for years on the Rangers threads and I find their silence much more satisfying.

When I first joined I was getting weird paranoid drenched posts about supposedly being some other poster from some other time? Then I was getting the '' you're only here because Rangers are doing well '' patter. Which both are utter bollocks but I have noticed they don't talk so loud much. Wonder why that is? 

ANYYYYWAYYYY, Slowly but surely getting the hang of this place, tidy wee community. Couple of roasters here and there right enough. 

7 minutes ago, TommyLeePwns said:

When I first joined I was getting weird paranoid drenched posts about supposedly being some other poster from some other time? Then I was getting the '' you're only here because Rangers are doing well '' patter. Which both are utter bollocks but I have noticed they don't talk so loud much. Wonder why that is? 

ANYYYYWAYYYY, Slowly but surely getting the hang of this place, tidy wee community. Couple of roasters here and there right enough. 

You, AJF, G51 and Stormzy have all had the 'aye, but who were you before' patter from the resident diddies.  Makes me angry to think about it.

Good to see that another promising young player has signed on after Kai Kennedy. 
Ciaran Dickson signs on till 2023.

Option for him to go out on loan but not sure he’s taking it yet. There isn’t really anyone went out on loan and came back and got themselves back in the gaffers circle.