Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

I personally don't see the point in Barker, he's maybe one of those players that look amazing in training but shites it when he gets a game. I agree that Aribo needs dropped for a couple of games just to give him a breather but that isn't going to happen when Barker is Barker and Jones can't be trusted to be an adult. I thought Aribo's interceptions were decent the other day but it isn't his natural game so it's not something we can rely on. 

Also, we need to start games like we used to, hunting players down and bagging a couple of goals within 25 minutes. It allowed us to step back and hit teams on the counter if they fancied their chances. We seem to invite teams on to us and need to concede now before we wake up. I'm impressed with our defensive record this season but when I look at the goals we have conceded I'm a bit confused as to how we've made it this far. 

Hopefully we return back to form against Ross County then deal with Hibs. The lads need to turn up the heat a bit. 

We've only dropped 6 points so far which is as good as any previous teams that I can remember but a few bad results coupled with some good form for them could see us under pressure.  
Missing Jack, Arfield and Roofe has hampered our play a fair bit, hopefully we start getting them back playing soon.

Rangers have certainly missed these three in recent games, but interesting amongst the chat about Morelos misfiring this season (up until the Aberdeen game), I think it’s Roofe who’s been missed the most. His work rate and ability to get on the end of things, picking up bits and pieces in the box have made a huge contribution to Rangers conversion of possession and chances into points this year.

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Rangers have certainly missed these three in recent games, but interesting amongst the chat about Morelos misfiring this season (up until the Aberdeen game), I think it’s Roofe who’s been missed the most. His work rate and ability to get on the end of things, picking up bits and pieces in the box have made a huge contribution to Rangers conversion of possession and chances into points this year.

Roofe's been excellent at breaking down teams this season which worked well with Morelos playing deeper and drawing out defenders and creating space. 

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

Roofe's been excellent at breaking down teams this season which worked well with Morelos playing deeper and drawing out defenders and creating space. 

Yeah, Roofe and Arfield's off the ball runs were missed in last weeks game.

Aside from anything else, we've played better this season with two strikers instead of one.

Pretty much as expected. 

Understand Rangers will not be making a move for Preston's Ben Davies. Airdrie's Thomas Robert is also not on Steven Gerrard's list of targets. Club expecting to do "little to nothing" on the transfer front this month

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

Pretty much as expected. 

Understand Rangers will not be making a move for Preston's Ben Davies. Airdrie's Thomas Robert is also not on Steven Gerrard's list of targets. Club expecting to do "little to nothing" on the transfer front this month

I'd be surprised if we did any business other than maybe the boy from Aberdeen coming in and Stewart going the other way.

25 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'd be surprised if we did any business other than maybe the boy from Aberdeen coming in and Stewart going the other way.

Hopefully in for Declan Gallagher and Stuart Findlay too. With few holes in the squad trolling should now be the number one priority of our transfer strategy.

4 hours ago, DMCs said:

Hopefully in for Declan Gallagher and Stuart Findlay too. With few holes in the squad trolling should now be the number one priority of our transfer strategy.

Declan Gallagher will go to Celtic IMO. He’s a Celtic supporter so a no brainer for him. Stuart Findlay is Killie level, why the hell youre wanting to sign him and Scott Wright. Both are very average Prem players

15 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Declan Gallagher will go to Celtic IMO. He’s a Celtic supporter so a no brainer for him. Stuart Findlay is Killie level, why the hell youre wanting to sign him and Scott Wright. Both are very average Prem players

I'm joking mate.

44 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

No shit Sherlock! 

6 hours ago, DMCs said:

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Dreary fucking me.  He even said he was trolling...